@Temple, 9/28/19

I don't think so. Transitioning from CPJ 3-O to another offense has been built up as such a painful task that I think everyone is prepared for some suckage next season.
I think we will do all right next year. I'm going with 7 wins.

Why are you subtracting those, again?

I just don’t know where they play. You can only turn so many into slot receivers and corners. Hopefully they make great special teams players and are good with that. I would much rather have 8-10 outside linebackers and DTs too many.

My expectations are 3-5 wins next year. Six would be a great season.

I just don’t know where they play. You can only turn so many into slot receivers and corners. Hopefully they make great special teams players and are good with that. I would much rather have 8-10 outside linebackers and DTs too many.

I'm saying the floor is 6

PSA

If you are predicting next season's result, now when we don't even have a coaching staff, much less have installed the first system, you are telling the world that you don't know a damn thing.

PSA

If you are predicting next season's result, now when we don't even have a coaching staff, much less have installed the first system, you are telling the world that you don't know a damn thing.
Or perhaps we are participating in a message board, Mr. Super Fun Guy

I don't buy that. Paul Johnson would win 6-8 next year, at least. Are you saying you think Collins is a lesser coach? I'm not expecting an ACC title in Year 1 or even Year 2, but IMO a good coach will find a way to be competitive immediately. It's not like he has a bunch of losers or has to deal with a toxic culture. This is a consistently winning program that just needed a change of direction. Six wins would absolutely not be a great season.

I don't buy that. Paul Johnson would win 6-8 next year, at least. Are you saying you think Collins is a lesser coach? I'm not expecting an ACC title in Year 1 or even Year 2, but IMO a good coach will find a way to be competitive immediately. It's not like he has a bunch of losers or has to deal with a toxic culture. This is a consistently winning program that just needed a change of direction. Six wins would absolutely not be a great season.
I agree. Our we should be a more talented team next season. CPJ isn't leaving the cupboard bare like most seem to think

Doubtful Johnson would win that much next year. His desire to coach isn’t there anymore. You kind of saw it in the first few games this year. Coaches don’t voluntarily leave if they’re going to the OB next year.

Being competitive immediately shows you have no idea how this works. You should go to Kennesaw St games next year. You’ll be much happier.

So you are saying Tech is going to get their ass kicked the next two years? Less than 6 wins in the ööööty Coastal? Tech should at least get 4 wins in the conference and at worst 2-2 out of conference otherwise this guy is a recruiter, not a good coach. Tech is not in ruins. He better figure out an offense that will work with what we have or hire someone that will. The best coaches fit round pegs in round holes.

I'm going with 5-7 wins.

Agreed and let's be honest: The Coastal isn't the toughest division in college football.

USF - W
Citadel - W
Temple - W

Then 3 out of these 7: UNC, Duke, UVA, Pitt, VPI, NC State, Miami gets us to 6.

7 wins should be the floor.

If PJ we’re here and TO was our starting QB, I think Vegas lines pre-season would look something like this:

Clemson +28
Citadel -40
USF -7
Temple +3
Pitt -3
VT -7
UVA +7
Duke +3
NC State +3
UNC -12
Miami +8
UGA +24

So you are saying Tech is going to get their ass kicked the next two years? Less than 6 wins in the ööööty Coastal? Tech should at least get 4 wins in the conference and at worst 2-2 out of conference otherwise this guy is a recruiter, not a good coach. Tech is not in ruins. He better figure out an offense that will work with what we have or hire someone that will. The best coaches fit round pegs in round holes.

I'm going with 5-7 wins.
No QB except a RB that plays QB. No receivers to catch the ball. No TE. Young secondary. LBs that are sub par. OL that doesn’t know how to pass block. DL that can’t produce sacks.

But hey at least our punter is good.

There’s going to be growing pains. Johnson had much better players when he got here than when he left.

Doubtful Johnson would win that much next year. His desire to coach isn’t there anymore. You kind of saw it in the first few games this year. Coaches don’t voluntarily leave if they’re going to the OB next year.

Being competitive immediately shows you have no idea how this works. You should go to Kennesaw St games next year. You’ll be much happier.
Paul Johnson won 20 games in his first 2 seasons with players that "didn't fit" his system. We were supposed to be awful, but he was a damn good coach and found a way to win anyway.

Why would you settle for mediocrity? This is GT, we should expect more.

Paul Johnson won 20 games in his first 2 seasons with players that "didn't fit" his system. We were supposed to be awful, but he was a damn good coach and found a way to win anyway.

Exactly!

Two weeks ago the goal was to cover a 17 point spread against UGA. Now the goal is to win ACC championships and make the playoff. We can now expect more then mediocrity. Thank you CGC.

He also had an NFL defensive line and Josh Nesbitt and DT. Name one person on our team that will be in the NFL next year other than the punter.

Have you bought your Kennesaw St tickets yet?

No QB except a RB that plays QB. No receivers to catch the ball. No TE. Young secondary. LBs that are sub par. OL that doesn’t know how to pass block. DL that can’t produce sacks.

But hey at least our punter is good.

There’s going to be growing pains. Johnson had much better players when he got here than when he left.
You're full of öööö. Now öööö off

Back