@Temple, 9/28/19

You should go to Kennesaw St games next year. You’ll be much happier.
I was expecting someone to post, "You should go to Kennesaw St games next year, and I'll be much happier." But I don't think anyone posted that.

Exactly!

Two weeks ago the goal was to cover a 17 point spread against UGA. Now the goal is to win ACC championships and make the playoff. We can now expect more then mediocrity. Thank you CGC.
The expectation for GT should be to be good in waves just like a Johnson had us. We get a magic QB we will be good. Most years we won’t have that. This will not change under CGC. If you think it will or if you think somehow we were mired in mediocrity under Johnson then you were blinded by option hate.

The expectation should be potential playoff good every 4 years or so. Beat UGA 1/3. Never finish in the bottom half of ACC. That’s bare minimum. Any coach who doesn’t consistently achieve that should be gone.

CGC will NOT make us into playoff contenders every year. We don’t have the alumni, fanbase, academic offerings, or women to consistently recruit at the level necessary to be football factory.

If you expect what you say for CGC you are setting him up for failure.

The expectation for GT should be to be good in waves just like a Johnson had us. We get a magic QB we will be good. Most years we won’t have that. This will not change under CGC. If you think it will or if you think somehow we were mired in mediocrity under Johnson then you were blinded by option hate.

The expectation should be potential playoff good every 4 years or so. Beat UGA 1/3. Never finish in the bottom half of ACC. That’s bare minimum. Any coach who doesn’t consistently achieve that should be gone.

CGC will NOT make us into playoff contenders every year. We don’t have the alumni, fanbase, academic offerings, or women to consistently recruit at the level necessary to be football factory.

If you expect what you say for CGC you are setting him up for failure.

I think 2014 should happen more often than once every 9 seasons. My expectation is if you throw away Johnson’s 1st year and Collins first year, GC will have a noticeably better win % than PJ. I loved PJ. But I think recruiting matters in college a lot.

No QB except a RB that plays QB. No receivers to catch the ball. No TE. Young secondary. LBs that are sub par. OL that doesn’t know how to pass block. DL that can’t produce sacks.

But hey at least our punter is good.

There’s going to be growing pains. Johnson had much better players when he got here than when he left.
But, at least Collins will have the 2019 recruiting class to work with. Although supposedly Tech has 19 commits as of now.Some may drop out and Collins might withdraw the offers of some. This class might be interesting to watch.

I think 2014 should happen more often than once every 9 seasons. My expectation is if you throw away Johnson’s 1st year and Collins first year, GC will have a noticeably better win % than PJ. I loved PJ. But I think recruiting matters in college a lot.
It did. It happened in 2009. I think we have the QB’s on the roster to bring us back utilizing the same system. Seems like defense was getting faster and nastier. This was set up to be a decent year too but we flubbed some opportunities and didn’t have a leader at QB.

I hope CGC achieves the bare minimum of my expectations which is what I laid out in my post. It’s unlikely that he will because few coaches at GT have, but I will root hard for his success regardless. We will NOT get to being a factory and to expect that is asinine. Not even Auburn is sustaining at a factory level and they’ve been cheating for years.

It did. It happened in 2009. I think we have the QB’s on the roster to bring us back utilizing the same system. Seems like defense was getting faster and nastier. This was set up to be a decent year too but we flubbed some opportunities and didn’t have a leader at QB.

I hope CGC achieves the bare minimum of my expectations which is what I laid out in my post. It’s unlikely that he will because few coaches at GT have, but I will root hard for his success regardless. We will NOT get to being a factory and to expect that is asinine. Not even Auburn is sustaining at a factory level and they’ve been cheating for years.

yea, every TaQuan presser he talks about getting healthy and "flying around" out there....including the post practice a few days ago. Getting a bit tiresome

Back