Textbook squats...

RamblinWreck09

Greatly appreciated amongst mid 30s Turkish males
...not quite.

Take it away Ripp!
You can quarter-squat or half-squat as much weight as you can load on the bar and growth will not occur at the same rate it does when you finally stop being a pussy and get below parallel with correct form every rep, with a constantly-increasing load on your back.
http://startingstrength.com/article/deep_squats

UGAg must not have competent strength coaches.

What's the over/under on how many points the average dwag fans thinks their team gets for his squats?

Exercises involving the knees are not being done properly?

pjsoon-vi.gif

To be fair, they're doing their "max out day" or whatever which has nothing to do with proper form, nor even with strength development, and everything to do with generating bulletin board material for fans.

To be fair, they're doing their "max out day" or whatever which has nothing to do with proper form, nor even with strength development, and everything to do with generating bulletin board material for fans.

Sounds like a fantastic way to get injured with no benefit.

I support this endeavor. What do we need to do to get Clemson and VT on board?

To be fair, they're doing their "max out day" or whatever which has nothing to do with proper form, nor even with strength development, and everything to do with generating fap material for Uncle Lou.

Some of their fans may lift and know the difference.

I've seen a former CFB player, from Notre Dame, if that matters, squat that much and do it going all the way till butt touches his heels (joke there somewhere). Also saw him do pull ups with two 45 pound plates hanging from a belt around his waist with a chain. It was damn impressive.

Except you aren't maxing out if you aren't completing the rep.
If you aren't going past 90 degrees, it isn't a squat. I do lighter weights and do it properly. There are a öööö ton of guys in the gym that overload everything they do and then cheat to lift. I saw one guy put 450 on the sled then just bend his knees a few inches. It is just how some guys are.

I've seen a former CFB player, from Notre Dame, if that matters, squat that much and do it going all the way till butt touches his heels (joke there somewhere). Also saw him do pull ups with two 45 pound plates hanging from a belt around his waist with a chain. It was damn impressive.
Umm. You forgot the CSB tag for this post.

This guy?

I don't squat past parallel because I've heard further is bad for your lower back. Anyone else heard this? Yeah I'm sure this guy is an "expert" but there are a lot of "experts" out there who also write long, unscientific screeds.
Never heard it, although I can see folks that overload themselves using bad form and hurting their backs. Too many folks go heavier than they should. Lighter weight, more reps work fine.

Back