THE OFFICIAL Firing, House Cleaning, Night of Long Knives, Celebration, Disappointment Thread.

Interesting that players expressing displeasure at Burton firing but not hearing the same about Popovich or Patenaude. Tells me it might have been obvious those two guys were failing. On the other hand, I have reason to think our secondary doesn't have much idea what good coaching looks like.

People often react with emotion when the person being fired is someone they “like”. Regardless of the performance they will defend because they liked the person. That’s the reality in typical jobs with adults and certainly with kids that are emotionally invested. All this means to me is Burton was liked and based on previous interviews that wouldn’t be hard to imagine. He comes across as extremely likable. I personally don’t put much value in what these guys say when emotions are high. I get it and understand, but don’t put much stock into their comments. The next guy could be even more liked and respected. Time will tell....

The "keeping Thacker until after players sign" is a baseless conspiracy theory. I also don't buy the idea that GT has to be unethical in recruiting to be successful. Integrity is a selling point for GT

Not another one of these douche bags.
Just like you, GTRules, I got the right to have an opinion, too. However, unlike you, I don't like to insult people when they disagree with me. We are ALL Georgia Tech fans on this board (At least I hope we all are). And whether you like it or not, I'm going to voice my opinion about the handling of OUR school's football team!

GO JACKETS!

Just like you, GTRules, I got the right to have an opinion, too. However, unlike you, I don't like to insult people when they disagree with me. We are ALL Georgia Tech fans on this board (At least I hope we all are). And whether you like it or not, I'm going to voice my opinion about the handling of OUR school's football team!

GO JACKETS!
You are an alt. You have the right to kiss a goat’s penis until you admit to being an alt.

Bless your heart.

Every day there more of this crap.
A6B85C0A-46CB-4392-8F0F-D0D8BD9C1BE2.jpeg

Unfortunately, our football program, I believe, is headed towards more losing seasons. The key to our demise is the AD, Todd Stansbury. That's why we won't see the CORRECT changes made. He is the one who made the colossal mistake in hiring Geoff Collins as head coach, with a 7 year contract. He knows it has been a disaster and is clinging to false hope that he can still save face and Tech's program by retaining Collins and making these changes. But anyone with any sense knows it doesn't solve the problem.

I had false hope that some wealthy Tech donors (and other people with influence) would demand Stansbury fire Coach Collins or the AD would be fired as well. You would think Tech still had some people, in power, that had some sense. Well, sadly we don't! Instead, we will have the same lousy head coach next year. And the same lousy AD. I work helping people who suffer from substance abuse and mental health disorders. Any addict can tell you the definition of insanity, which is: "Doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results." So, Tech retaining Geoff Collins as head football coach (after he has only won 3 games during three straight seasons) is insane!

GO JACKETS!
100% Spot ON! The program has been set back! To Hell With Geoff! #FireADTSTAN

Interesting that players expressing displeasure at Burton firing but not hearing the same about Popovich or Patenaude. Tells me it might have been obvious those two guys were failing. On the other hand, I have reason to think our secondary doesn't have much idea what good coaching looks like.

It sucks that we have to wait almost a year to know whether these changes will make any difference.
I, for one, need a freaking break after seeing another 3-win season. I am relieved that our season is over and I can watch some good post-season football without thinking of our next beat down.

I'll be ready for next season's punishment by August.

Pretty sure the South is still students, if they bother to show up.
sitting in upper north for all these years .. really haven't paid much attention to south EZ. just know there are usually (or maybe now used to be) tons of students in north EZ. when i was there it was always lower east but that was 1990's.

Back