THE OFFICIAL Firing, House Cleaning, Night of Long Knives, Celebration, Disappointment Thread.

Information from another source that does give me hope that the powers that be (those with $$) do have somewhat clear heads about all of this:

Collins is seen as a good/excellent recruiter. But a poor program coach. So, they want him to recruit and surround himself with people that do know how to coach. The culture is currently seen as a positive but ... as more experience personnel are hired, it's clear that accountability has to happen. Geoff has NOT been good at holding people accountable.

What I hear is ... six wins next year or else.

Information from another source that does give me hope that the powers that be (those with $$) do have somewhat clear heads about all of this:

Collins is seen as a good/excellent recruiter. But a poor program coach. So, they want him to recruit and surround himself with people that do know how to coach. The culture is currently seen as a positive but ... as more experience personnel are hired, it's clear that accountability has to happen. Geoff has NOT been good at holding people accountable.

Underlined is understatement of the year

6 wins was their line in the sand this year.

Until it’s 5 wins, then 2 of the next 3, finally keep it close against a good team. It’s how Stansbury rolls.
The $$ boosters have no faith in stansbury and they're renegotiating contracts so they can clean out Todd and geoff next year if no big improvement is seen. These moves are all band aids.

Minimize dead assistant buyout money. At least one of the coordinators hired will be $1M+ and be thoughtfully vetted as a potential interim candidate for full time hire.

Where did you see that for Collins?

I dont think we had a line, but 3-9 is unacceptable and necessitated changes. Apparently the sacrifices are acceptable to save the big guy.
It was in the AJC. Perhaps, it was before NIU or after Clemson. It was early in the season for sure.

AJC quoted anonymous boosters saying straight up - 6 wins or ded.

It was in the AJC. Perhaps, it was before NIU or after Clemson. It was early in the season for sure.

AJC quoted anonymous boosters saying straight up - 6 wins or ded.
Found the article. Actually, it wasn’t anonymous. Some of the big donors put their necks out there.

Back