THE OFFICIAL Firing, House Cleaning, Night of Long Knives, Celebration, Disappointment Thread.

Here it is from my angle.
1638140179810.png
It looks like old streaked carpet from the 1980's

Yes, we are paying too little. Almost as embarrassing as our playing surface.

No, I do not want them to give one damn penny more to CGC. I sure won't contribute for that.

When they finally kick that loser to the curb in a year or two, they need to hire someone competent and then double the salary. If I had that kind of money. I'd give it to them. All I can see my way clear to giving is a few grand, but maybe if there are enough like me, that would help. And they can have that when the time comes, if they promise to spend it on a quality HC. And I'll be sure to write TStan's replacement and let him know.

Last I saw, we were 46th in P5 among 51 schools who have salaries public.
You said bottom quartile P5 coaching compensation, but keep looking only at HC comparisons. Is our coaching spend bottom quartile?

You said bottom quartile P5 coaching compensation, but keep looking only at HC comparisons. Is our coaching spend bottom quartile?

That was for the whole staff, per an AJC article, I think from Collins' second year. Can try to find it.

Thacker should be gone, in my opinion. Key should not be OC, in my opinion.

Lastly, if the "good cop", playtime culture does not change, it won't matter who the coaches are. Someone, other than just CTS, must be allowed to and be willing to chew butt sometimes if this is going to improve.

Last edited:
The field sure as hell is. It's a disgrace. I used to laugh at BSU's blue field, but honestly that looks 1000 times better than the crap we have inside BDS now.

Our groundskeeper won the National Award for his profession about 3-4 years back for his work on the Rusty C.
Same guy did a great job on the football field.
Looks like crap today.

Does your source think this coach at dwag land is considering us? I think some people are just throwing out names. I think the odds of anyone with that current job considering coming to us are extremely low with the run that Bowl Head Smart might be on the cusp of beginning.
He didn't say one way or another. As I said, it's a rumor

Some nobody’s opinion. Cute.
Not a nobody, he knows about football a lot more than you and I ever would, and has been published widely. Obviously he is not an expert on how to run a program (aka being or hiring a HC), but it's always interesting to see perspectives from outside our program.

Our groundskeeper won the National Award for his profession about 3-4 years back for his work on the Rusty C.
Same guy did a great job on the football field.
Looks like crap today.
The grounds crew used to take great pride in the Grant Field playing surface. They have (had?) their own Twitter handle and would regularly post pictures and video of them repainting, etc.

There’s no pride to be had in a lifeless, streaked plastic carpet.

Well, that would mean the new DC isn't allowed to hire his own LB coach...unless CGC is taking over the DC job or he is promoting from within.
CGC should take over DC and use the savings elsewhere. Take what the difference in what Thacker was getting as DC and his reduced roll and add it to the salary for a kickass OC named Briles or Mullen.

Back