THE OFFICIAL Firing, House Cleaning, Night of Long Knives, Celebration, Disappointment Thread.

Actually, it's quite the opposite. Whatever you put, the phone sends. Maybe if you were big smart Tech grad, you would know that.
I am confused. This sarcasm would make sense JJ was a Tech grad beating everyone over the head with that fact or if you were an alum being obnoxious. Since he isn't and says it doesn't matter and you aren't why does your sarcasm make sense?

As I'm always trying to tell my son (and apparently need to tell CGC and TStan), you *gain* credibility by admitting you were wrong.

Do you know where JJacket sits now?
Probably at home by himself. He doesn't exactly meet you at places when he says he'll be there like in parking lot A2 against BC.

I am confused. This sarcasm would make sense JJ was a Tech grad beating everyone over the head with that fact or if you were an alum being obnoxious. Since he isn't and says it doesn't matter and you aren't why does your sarcasm make sense?
Because he says he "doesn't care where you went to school" but then öööös on me for going to CNU to play football. Not exactly adding up here.

You were not, you liar.
You're right, I went to A2, sat outside of the Student Center and talked with one of my buddies for 30 minutes, checked again, then went back and talked with him, went back after 30 minutes, still wasn't there, went to the tailgate.

I am not so sure the dichotomy is false if your expectations are competing in athletics with the football "factory" schools. As detailed many places on ST, our student body size and demographics do not lend itself to the commitment and resources that sustained athletic success requires. Although the standard management and decision-making principles you listed surely apply to both, I do not see why it is out of the realm of possibility that some of the factors that push GT into elite academic territory would be a negative with regard to athletics.

How to address this? The administration could dip into the Institute's vast financial resources to support athletics. It could also deliver the message to students that athletic support is important and expected (even if no admissions changes were made whatsoever).
I think the 'factory schools' perspective is really overblown. 'Factories' like Texas, FSU, USC, Tennessee – all programs with big budgets and big stadiums, national championships, Heisman winners, long-term coaches, etc. – have found that it is hard to keep lighting in the bottle – and usually the primary cause for decline is losing a great coach, either to age or to the NFL.

You're right, I went to A2, sat outside of the Student Center and talked with one of my buddies for 30 minutes, checked again, then went back and talked with him, went back after 30 minutes, still wasn't there, went to the tailgate.
You are a huge liar. You never went there.

Probably at home by himself. He doesn't exactly meet you at places when he says he'll be there like in parking lot A2 against BC.
I was in the lot for at least an hour. I'm guessing you don't know where A2 is anymore than you apparently don't know your way around the stadium.

I was in the lot for at least an hour. I'm guessing you don't know where A2 is anymore than you apparently don't know your way around the stadium.
As stated above, it's over by the student center... Need help finding it?

I thought we were close to bottoming out yesterday after the botched firings. I see now we have a way more to go. Sad we still got fans defending this bullshit. I’m sure they really believe what they’re saying, but c’mon the wall is running out of space for any more handwriting. Stop enabling the bastards and help run them out of town. There’s plenty more programs they can go öööö up. Leave GT alone.

As for the 'GT not prioritizing taxpayers' thing, I do and don't agree. Yeah, GT probably takes an excessive number of international students, but there's a point where it's also like, if you or your kid can't get in, öööö you. Sack up and get a damn 1400 on the SAT. GT is the most prestigious public school in Georgia by a mile and it's baffling how few kids from Georgia get in/attend, especially white kids. The degree to which the in-state white kids get out-competed by the in-state Asian kids is legitimately incredible on a per-capita basis.
I hear you but think you are wrong on this. I know plenty of kids who have the SAT scores and grades who were not admitted. I just went thru it all last year with my son. It’s basically random admissions at this point. Seriously, this total person admission process is just code for the admin to shape the student body in whatever way they want. I think living outside Atlanta helped him get in. We had 4 kids in our county get in. One of them was a minority female and she got in with way lower scores than others in our county who were denied. That’s how you kill loyalty. I know many GT legacy families whose kids had over 1400 who did not get in. Sure, they had the transfer option but I’m sure they wouldn’t have taken it if GT would rather take an international student instead. The days of thinking the local white kids can’t compete just isn’t reality. You could fill up a freshmen class at GT with just kids from metro Atlanta counties. But GT chooses to not take them even with same scores. My son had a full ride to Bama’s engineering program as they are throwing money at high end kids and they are jumping up the rankings quickly. Give it another 20 years and you’ll see Bama not far behind GT. The money over there is crazy. New buildings and willingness to help. The GT admissions process is interesting to say it nicely. Glad my son got in but the process is random. And yes, I talked to the Dir. of Admissions. Nice guy, but he knows it’s not on the level. GT should just go private and this wouldn’t be an issue. But GT takes Georgia tax payers money and then screws their kids. Out of state 1460 - IN. In state 1490 - OUT. Ridiculous.

Last edited:
I hear you but think you are wrong on this. I know plenty of kids who have the SAT scores and grades who were not admitted. I just went thru it all last year with my son. It’s basically random admissions at this point. Seriously, this total person admission process is just code for the admin to shape the student body in whatever way they want. I think living outside Atlanta helped him get in. We had 4 kids in our county get in. One of them was a minority female and she got in with way lower scores than others in our county who were denied. That’s how you kill loyalty. I know many GT legacy families whose kids had over 1400 who did not get in. Sure, they had the transfer option but I’m sure they wouldn’t have taken it if GT would rather take an international student instead. The days of thinking the local white kids can’t compete just isn’t reality. You could fill up a freshmen class at GT with just kids from metro Atlanta counties. But GT chooses to not take them even with same scores. My son had a full ride to Bama’s engineering program as they are throwing money at high end kids and they are jumping up the rankings quickly. Give it another 20 years and you’ll see Bama not far behind GT. The money over there is crazy. New buildings and willingness to help. The GT admissions process is interesting to say it nicely. Glad my son got in but the process is random. And yes, I talked to the Dir. of Admissions. Nice guy, but he knows it’s not on the level. GT should just go private and this wouldn’t be an issue. But GT takes Georgia tax payers money and then screws their kids. Out of state 1460 - IN. In state 1490 - OUT. Ridiculous.
Why would GT want dumber kids from out of state over smarter kids from in state? Usually residential quotas favor dumber kids from in state.

Back