The time I didn’t shake a coaches hand

Geoff was butthurt at the refs and probably a bit because his guys didn't make winning plays. Let me remind you which team was undisciplined from a penalty standpoint, and which team appeared to be better coached. It wasn't us. Narduzzi's guys made the plays, and they let us know about it. Good for them, they beat our asses and deserved to enjoy it a bit. Shoe on the other foot, I wouldn't have minded our guys to have some fun and enjoy it. Pitt competed hard all night and it obviously really mattered to them; sign of good coaching. I liked seeing Geoff blow his top at the officials and destroy his headset. He simply added to an embarrassing night by embarrassing himself at the end. It happens. Not the end of the world; it's over and done.

I don't really equate your situation with this one. Unless there's something I missed, Narduzzi wasn't the one flagging us for breathing, and I didn't see Pitt playing dirty at all. The refs are responsible for that whole ööööshow. It looked like Collins was mad at the refs and took it out on Narduzzi.

I'm not gonna judge CGC because I'm sure he was pissed, but I'm also not gonna defend him. I still believe you should STFU, take your L, shake your opponent's hand like man, and when you get back into the locker room make it clear to your team that they will make them pay the next chance you get. You can be ride or die without being a sore loser.
Like your take. Maybe Gee-off was in a hurry to beat everyone to the tunnel so he could shake the hand of each player as they left.

He did shake his hand. Nards held on and made some insincere remark and Collins wasn't having it. Unfortunately that will look worse on Collins in most people's eyes.

He told Collins he had a great team. OH THE HORROR.

I don't think it's a big deal either but it's made national news outlets like ESPN and USA Today. We don't need negative publicity. It may turn off some recruits.

This doesn't make any sense. I've played sports myself. You shake hands with the other team and coach at the end of the game.
Neat. Collins shook hands.

I’m more upset he didn’t take the opportunity when Narduzzi yanked his hand to turn around and clock him.

Like your take. Maybe Gee-off was in a hurry to beat everyone to the tunnel so he could shake the hand of each player as they left.
Good, our players hands are the only hands worth shaking. Ever.

What was the problem with the sportsmanship displayed during the game?
Pitt was getting in our players faces and talking trash the whole game. The refs let it get out of control. When our guys stood up to them we got the shaft on the calls. I am proud of our guys for stepping up and defending themselves but they need to learn what is acceptable and what will just enflame the situation. And they should have been playing with that intensity before they had their manhood challenged. Lessons to learn. Glad Coach also demonstrated his ire too. Narduzzi is a prick.

He told Collins he had a great team. OH THE HORROR.

I don't think it's a big deal either but it's made national news outlets like ESPN and USA Today. We don't need negative publicity. It may turn off some recruits.

Maybe, but any recruits watching the game probably would've been turned on (giggity?) by the emotion CGC showed. I'm sure all of them have been screwed by refs and felt like doing something like that.

Examples? I can see why Collins was upset with the refs. I think he took that anger out on Narduzzi and it came across as a little bush league IMO.
I was at the game, I don't know what all was seen on TV so I don't have specific examples but numerous times I saw their players and coaches on the sidelines taunting our players and fans. They even had coaches taunting our sideline from across the field.

I was at the game, I don't know what all was seen on TV so I don't have specific examples but numerous times I saw their players and coaches on the sidelines taunting our players and fans. They even had coaches taunting our sideline from across the field.

This. I was surprised at how much the Pitt players were chirping after plays. Pitt coach is bush league.

File it away for when GT is much better (soon).

I used to coach in high school (lacrosse) and I refused to shake a coaches hand once. This guy was a notorious ass hole. And this particular game his kids played dirty by his direction, and without any rebuke from him or the ref. This was how he taught his kids. When the game was over I walked off the field. My head coach knew this and didn’t say a word to me. He was the bigger man and did what he was supposed to do.

But you have to understand something. It was all I could do to keep from showing my ass any further and wanting to drag that other coach into the parking lot. Probably good I don’t coach anymore.

Now understand this: those of you on this board hating on Collins for how he acted or still doubting this team, you can eat a big dick. We are ride or die for this team. This coach and this team are going to do great things. If you are a non believer I have no time for you. You are the kind of scum that made a man like Bobby Ross jump at the first opportunity to leave. Go listen to how he was treated here in the beginning. You are a cancer.

F.O.
I hope you’re right about collins success in future , he’s underachieved greatly this far

This. I was surprised at how much the Pitt players were chirping after plays. Pitt coach is bush league.

Me three. The taunting from Pitt players was a little beyond what I'd deem typical/expected. The situation/game flow made it worse as well.

The RB had a good game, so hard to fault him for being pumped, but he was a little much several times.

All in all, I think this (the handshake) is a non issue getting blown up by the media because we were the only game on last night. Narduzzi's reaction(s) didn't help.

Geoff was butthurt at the refs and probably a bit because his guys didn't make winning plays. Let me remind you which team was undisciplined from a penalty standpoint, and which team appeared to be better coached. It wasn't us. Narduzzi's guys made the plays, and they let us know about it. Good for them, they beat our asses and deserved to enjoy it a bit. Shoe on the other foot, I wouldn't have minded our guys to have some fun and enjoy it. Pitt competed hard all night and it obviously really mattered to them; sign of good coaching. I liked seeing Geoff blow his top at the officials and destroy his headset. He simply added to an embarrassing night by embarrassing himself at the end. It happens. Not the end of the world; it's over and done.

Collins, Mr. Positivity, was so pissed off last night he chucked his headset into the lower west stands. He was completely losing it. Right, wrong, or indifferent, it is what it is. I’ve never seen a jobbing by refs like that in my life. I can’t say I would have acted any better.

Was at the game. Refs terrible....Pitt trashy, etc- agree with all that.
I was thinking Collins was pissed at Nards b/c we were outta TOs and Pitt could'a knelt to end the game- instead ran a TD.
We should'a stopped it - they just ran off tackle for cry'n out loud, but still. Take a knee and end the game.
Guess I was wrong since Collins said he just wanted to hurry over and sing the fight song?

Collins, Mr. Positivity, was so pissed off last night he chucked his headset into the lower west stands. He was completely losing it. Right, wrong, or indifferent, it is what it is. I’ve never seen a jobbing by refs like that in my life. I can’t say I would have acted any better.
When someone pours their mind, body, and soul into something and someone actively rips it from them and further rips it from 100+ people they lead, you'd have to be a gigantic ding dong to criticize the reaction to that from the peanut gallery.

Guess I was wrong since Collins said he just wanted to hurry over and sing the fight song?

Admittedly, I'm a sore loser, but it seems kind of mean to expect the team to sing the fight song after a loss. Nobody looked like they were having fun in front of the band after the game last night.

JRjr

In his postgame presser Narduzzi pretty much confirmed that he supports the taunting.

Back