The time I didn’t shake a coaches hand

I hope our paradigm stops thinking needed short and medium rushing yardage is best played from the shotgun with an option mesh telegraphed 5 yards from the point of attack.
Agreed. I can chalk it up to very limited playbook (limited practice, freshmen everywhere).

Also, Defense wasn't spectacular but most criticism seems to fall on the DL but from where I was sitting it seemed like our LB play was awful. We gotta find some quick and strong linebackers or 2021 is simply going to be another rebuilding year.

giphy.gif
This is amazing

What was the problem with the sportsmanship displayed during the game?

Go back and watch how the Pitt assistants were in the ref's ears about throwing flags all day on every pass defended and every tackle. I was surprised at how active several of them were in jockeying for calls (more than I have ever seen).

Also, perhaps Collins saw something that we didn't. I'll side with Collins and trust his judgement in the matter, and I am comfortable without him giving any more of an explanation than he already gave.

I guess it depends on the values that you want to represent you. Since I became a father and my kids play sports you have to consider how you want to behave. I can tell you that the LSU Florida game and the Auburn Mississippi State game were pretty despicable by all accounts.

it seems to me that Georgia Tech may be lowering their standard as well. This is just my opinion and everyone will have to decide if it alters their level of support.

Last edited:
I'd shake Narduzzi's hand. A good, long shake.

After loading my (gloved) hand with human excrement.

I guess it depends on the values that you want to represent you. Since I became a father and my kids play sports you have to consider how you want to behave. I can tell you that the LSU Florida game and the Auburn Mississippi State game were pretty despicable by all accounts.

it seems to me that Georgia Tech may be lowering their standard as well. This is just my opinion and everyone will have to decide if it alters their level of support.
In the first ever ga tech Georgia game didn’t our players get in a brawl or the fans did?

Young men do young man things

Pitt was getting in our players faces and talking trash the whole game. The refs let it get out of control. When our guys stood up to them we got the shaft on the calls. I am proud of our guys for stepping up and defending themselves but they need to learn what is acceptable and what will just enflame the situation. And they should have been playing with that intensity before they had their manhood challenged. Lessons to learn. Glad Coach also demonstrated his ire too. Narduzzi is a prick.
Surely everyone knows by now that a team coached by Narduzzi is going to push the envelope all the way to the edge as much as they can get away with. It is what they do. They grab, hold, push, pile on, hit late, get in your face while yapping the whole time because Narduzzi encourages all of it. He is just a jackass and Coach Collins is a class act though, unfortunately, it did not come off that way with the photo.

In the first ever ga tech Georgia game didn’t our players get in a brawl or the fans did?

Young men do young man things
I think it was the fans but when I was a little boy at Grant Field with my mother and dad for a Clemson- Georgia Tech game, we were leaving a pretty lopsided Tech win and the bands were having a fist fight in Peters Park. I don't think it amounted to much, but I distinctly remember my parents having completely opposite reactions: my mother was disgusted with both of them and my father was laughing. This was sometime in the early 1960s when the Tigers were still coming every year to Atlanta.

In his postgame presser Narduzzi pretty much confirmed that he supports the taunting.
Of course he does, and he lets everyone know it. They are gonna do what they are gonna do as Zook used to say when he coached at Florida.

Go back and watch how the Pitt assistants were in the ref's ears about throwing flags all day on every pass defended and every tackle. I was surprised at how active several of them were in jockeying for calls (more than I have ever seen).

Also, perhaps Collins saw something that we didn't. I'll side with Collins and trust his judgement in the matter, and I am comfortable without him giving any more of an explanation than he already gave.

You mean the Pitt coaches were lobbying for calls to go their way? Oh the horror!

Let's call it what it was. A bush league move by Collins that did not come off well on TV. Fans on other boards who saw it are calling him out and rightfully so.

You mean the Pitt coaches were lobbying for calls to go their way? Oh the horror!

Let's call it what it was. A bush league move by Collins that did not come off well on TV. Fans on other boards who saw it are calling him out and rightfully so.

Fans on other sites are calling him out… Oh the horror!

We might as well pack it up and close down the program.

Back