The time I didn’t shake a coaches hand

Collins, Mr. Positivity, was so pissed off last night he chucked his headset into the lower west stands. He was completely losing it. Right, wrong, or indifferent, it is what it is. I’ve never seen a jobbing by refs like that in my life. I can’t say I would have acted any better.

I think it's great. Happy to see some of that kind of fire from him in public. Let's get pissed, get better, and start the revenge tour against teams like Pitt.

JRjr

Was at the game. Refs terrible....Pitt trashy, etc- agree with all that.
I was thinking Collins was pissed at Nards b/c we were outta TOs and Pitt could'a knelt to end the game- instead ran a TD.
We should'a stopped it - they just ran off tackle for cry'n out loud, but still. Take a knee and end the game.
Guess I was wrong since Collins said he just wanted to hurry over and sing the fight song?
Pitt could not have taken knees to end the game there. They needed one more 1st down, we loaded the strong side and got beat one on one on the back side for a TD.

I'm guessing most of you n00bs weren't around when Bobby Ross ran full-steam across the field to eviscerate a ref who gave UNC and extra few seconds back in the late 1980s. There's a you tube of it somewhere.

I was at the game, I don't know what all was seen on TV so I don't have specific examples but numerous times I saw their players and coaches on the sidelines taunting our players and fans. They even had coaches taunting our sideline from across the field.
Yeah I have never said a word to opposing players and coaches until last night..... The amount of taunting that came from that sideline to our fans was ridiculous

Who recalls when Bobby Ross (still at Maryland) angrily chased the entire officiating crew off the field and into the tunnel after a game? Sometimes this game we love can get very emotional.

Yeah I have never said a word to opposing players and coaches until last night..... The amount of taunting that came from that sideline to our fans was ridiculous
Everything about Pitt's attitude came oozing through the screen last night. If you're being given an unfair advantage - and I don't think it is hyperbole to say the officials were doing their best to ensure Pitt won - and you embrace it, and taunt the opposing team in the wake of it, you are no better than a team who cheats to win, regardless of whether you are responsible for the crooked actions of the officials. The officiating was outrageous and reprehensible. Pitt and the attitudes of their players and coaches were disgusting.

Fortunately, the day of their win is already over and after it all, they are still doomed to be Pitt forever. They've already reached the greatest pinnacle they could ever achieve: locally broadcast flash-in-the-pan notoriety for being mediocre scum. Soon they'll be the team we all keep forgetting we have to play again and hope none of our guys overexert themselves brutalizing a northeastern nobody.

The point I was making is that this kind of thing happens. It’s not a big deal.
If that was your point, you sure used way too many words in the OP.

"This kind of thing happens. It’s not a big deal."

See how easy that was?

Maybe a cup of STFU is in order for you.

I used to coach in high school (lacrosse) and I refused to shake a coaches hand once. This guy was a notorious ass hole. And this particular game his kids played dirty by his direction, and without any rebuke from him or the ref. This was how he taught his kids. When the game was over I walked off the field. My head coach knew this and didn’t say a word to me. He was the bigger man and did what he was supposed to do.

But you have to understand something. It was all I could do to keep from showing my ass any further and wanting to drag that other coach into the parking lot. Probably good I don’t coach anymore.

Now understand this: those of you on this board hating on Collins for how he acted or still doubting this team, you can eat a big dick. We are ride or die for this team. This coach and this team are going to do great things. If you are a non believer I have no time for you. You are the kind of scum that made a man like Bobby Ross jump at the first opportunity to leave. Go listen to how he was treated here in the beginning. You are a cancer.

F.O.
Nice flex man

I will say that Pitt had what looked like the goon squad on their sidelines. I’m guessing they were ex players just starting coaching but they were sometimes very aggressive with taunting, etc.

I think Collins is a bad coach.

I actually like him slightly more after last night. We got jobbed by the refs and Pitts players were acting like assholes. öööö Narduzzi if his feelings got hurt.

Collins should have had a Tech representative go out and shake Narguzzi's hand if he didn't want to. One of the "COVID" reps!

This asshat has a seat cushion, stuffed with broken off cinder block, with his name on it in 2022.
Time to fulfill the destiny laid before this program in 1995. Maryland is no longer with us, so we will have to be satisfied with these pieces of öööö.

Handshake did have optics of Collins being a bit butthurt, but whatever it’s not a big deal in IMO. His explanation is what annoys me the most. Just be honest and don’t make up BS that everyone knows is garbage. Both coaches knew the refs were horrendous. One was just happy about it and the other rightfully pissed.

Narduzzi is a knucklehead. He’s said disparaging words about Johnson’s teams. But PJ never gave him the satisfaction of knowing anything he said even registered. Narduzzi is not a good coach. He wouldn’t be hired for another single P5 program. He’s not worth the snub and press exposure that followed. Collins is the next new HC star. He’s a heck of a recruiter. And his players love him. He will win big time and beat Pitt like a drum in 2-3 years.

Losing this game with Paul Johnson’s players designed to play a completely different type of contest in conjunction with TERRIBLE OFFICIATING meant nothing.

Collins should have looked him in the eye squeezed his hand hard, and either said “Good game.” and walked away. Or “Good game. You will regret your coaching style if you’re still here when we meet again.”

And made good on his word.

Last edited:
Pitt could not have taken knees to end the game there. They needed one more 1st down, we loaded the strong side and got beat one on one on the back side for a TD.

And I doubt Collins was upset with Narduzzi over that play. It actually gave us a very slim chance, whereas if the runner goes down after the first, we never get the ball back.

Back