The time I didn’t shake a coaches hand

You mean the Pitt coaches were lobbying for calls to go their way? Oh the horror!

Let's call it what it was. A bush league move by Collins that did not come off well on TV. Fans on other boards who saw it are calling him out and rightfully so.
This is nonsense. I'll say it again: what Collins did happens every single week in college football. Literally the only reason anyone noticed is because Narduzzi held on to his hand like some punk kid, and stuck his face out to be a prick.

And you couldn't pay me to give a refurbished öööö what the fans of other schools think about anything our guys do. College football fans are predominantly dumbasses.

You mean the Pitt coaches were lobbying for calls to go their way? Oh the horror!

Let's call it what it was. A bush league move by Collins that did not come off well on TV. Fans on other boards who saw it are calling him out and rightfully so.
C'mon man... I clearly articulated that they were more animatedly jockeying for calls than is usual and customary. It's like I said "the Duke guards were flopping all night" and you replied "everybody flops."

Did Collins pulling his hand out of the end of a handshake look great on television? No. Noone is arguing that that was a good thing for our program. I am arguing that Narduzzi is obnoxious as all hell, and Collins abruptly ending a post game handshake with him is a precisely nothing for our program. It isn't even a fart in the wind, and it certainly isn't worth getting all holier than thou about it.

This is nonsense. I'll say it again: what Collins did happens every single week in college football. Literally the only reason anyone noticed is because Narduzzi held on to his hand like some punk kid, and stuck his face out to be a prick.

And you couldn't pay me to give a refurbished öööö what the fans of other schools think about anything our guys do. College football fans are predominantly dumbasses.

Come on, what you're saying is itself kind of nonsense. There are short handshakes every week but it's rare to see a coach turning and walking away literally before the handshake even starts.

I don't think it's a big deal at all, but this was definitely an out-of-the-ordinary handshake.

Come on, what you're saying is itself kind of nonsense. There are short handshakes every week but it's rare to see a coach turning and walking away literally before the handshake even starts.

I don't think it's a big deal at all, but this was definitely an out-of-the-ordinary handshake.
This is splitting hairs. Immediately following the most intentionally atrocious officiating performance most people have ever seen, along with the typical classless behavior of Pitt, Collins did a thing which happens every single week, except a fraction of a second faster and with obvious frustration and desire to get out of there and to his team, and was met with something which no coach, or petulant child imitating a coach, ever does. But yeah, sure, Collins should share in at least half the disgrace of the absurd situation in which he was placed and handled without freaking the öööö out on someone.

I'll put it a different way. If you're a Tech fan, and some other school's fans are talking öööö about Collins for that entire thing, and you're laughing along with them because it's easier than calling them on being ignorant twats, then you're a pussy.

This is splitting hairs. Immediately following the most intentionally atrocious officiating performance most people have ever seen, along with the typical classless behavior of Pitt, Collins did a thing which happens every single week, except a fraction of a second faster and with obvious frustration and desire to get out of there and to his team, and was met with something which no coach, or petulant child imitating a coach, ever does. But yeah, sure, Collins should share in at least half the disgrace of the absurd situation in which he was placed and handled without freaking the öööö out on someone.

I'll put it a different way. If you're a Tech fan, and some other school's fans are talking öööö about Collins for that entire thing, and you're laughing along with them because it's easier than calling them on being ignorant twats, then you're a pussy.

Yeah, I agree it wasn't a big deal, and said as much earlier in the thread. I just don't think that saying what he did is something that happens literally every week in college football is productive, because it really doesn't.

Then again, I guess posting on StingTalk isn't the most productive thing in the world anyway.

394BC4BB-F3ED-4A93-B334-4C4B401C1D62.gif

Yeah, I agree it wasn't a big deal, and said as much earlier in the thread. I just don't think that saying what he did is something that happens literally every week in college football is productive, because it really doesn't.

Then again, I guess posting on StingTalk isn't the most productive thing in the world anyway.

It was a big enough deal that ESPN and USA Today ran stories about it.

It was a big enough deal that ESPN and USA Today ran stories about it.

Outside of live sports, ESPN's entire business model is basically publishing stories about things that aren't a big deal. In fact, they pay Stephen A. Smith $9 million a year to yell about things that aren't a big deal.

As far as the image of our team for recruiting purposes goes, that's like the one thing I'm absolutely not worried about with Collins. This "incident" isn't going to change anything at all in that regard.

He did shake hands just didn’t want to hang around and talk. If Narduzzi hadn’t made a scene no one would have noticed. It doesn’t matter at all.

Outside of live sports, ESPN's entire business model is basically publishing stories about things that aren't a big deal. In fact, they pay Stephen A. Smith $9 million a year to yell about things that aren't a big deal.

As far as the image of our team for recruiting purposes goes, that's like the one thing I'm absolutely not worried about with Collins. This "incident" isn't going to change anything at all in that regard.
The “incident” will probably help in recruiting.

Collins has a big chance to give the ACC and the refs a huge FU. All he has to do is call up Kirby and offer to replace Vandy this weekend.

I'm guessing most of you n00bs weren't around when Bobby Ross ran full-steam across the field to eviscerate a ref who gave UNC and extra few seconds back in the late 1980s. There's a you tube of it somewhere.
I think he slugged him didn’t he, Wally?
Edit: he just grabbed him did not slug him

Last edited:
Collins has a big chance to give the ACC and the refs a huge FU. All he has to do is call up Kirby and offer to replace Vandy this weekend.
Telling the ACC we were not going to play Miami was a strong enough rejoinder.

Back