This is PATHETIC... Look at KSU's roster

Snyder plays by the rules but more importantly is coaching at a school that is only a half step above the community college most of these guys came from. Sux but legal. And IMHO you will see KSU have this many or more similar players as the new NCAA standards kick in and more kids have to go JC/CC route out of high school for lack of SAT scores.

I do wish whoever heard Peterson sing the praises of Snyder had had a chance to ask if that meant GT could use the same recruiting standards as Snyder gets :) FWIW I don't want Tech to go all the way down that route but a bit more leeway would be "helpful"

The implication that the programs like Texas, Florida, and USC (Stanford and ND withheld as their recent success hasn't been sustained yet) are "doing things the right way" is laughable. Almost as laughable as using Bud Peterson in a argument about academics...

Jeremy Foley and Mack Brown are both class acts and I am sure they are doing things the right way. Ditto Michigan, ND, Stanford and Nebraska.

Are you implying that Bud Peterson is dumb? How is it laughable? Shouldn't the president of GT have some bearing on academics?

2876316145_4f1cdfb56b.jpg

See me after class.

I am sure most of these trasnfers are majoring in some of the quality majors that are offered at KSU like African Studies and Hotel and Restaurant Management.

Joke's on us, dudes.
What they're doing is cheap and unsavory, but they're within the rules.
Yay for them for figuring out how to work the system.

Joke's on us, dudes.
What they're doing is cheap and unsavory, but they're within the rules.
Yay for them for figuring out how to work the system.

How exactly is it "cheap"? Kansas State gets players that were not getting playing time at another college or were at a community college without football and brings them in and coaches them up..

Miles didnt sniff PT while at Tech and now is a starting DB for KSU and that's how all their transfers are.

This thread is a joke, Snyder should win COTY.

Does anyone remember Will Bynum or how about Stacey Poole? Just because a player transfers doesn't mean they were a problem child.

To say a program is dirty because they get a few players to transfer is hilarious.

How exactly is it "cheap"? Kansas State gets players that were not getting playing time at another college or were at a community college without football and brings them in and coaches them up..

Miles didnt sniff PT while at Tech and now is a starting DB for KSU and that's how all their transfers are.

Does anyone remember Will Bynum or how about Stacey Poole? Just because a player transfers doesn't mean they were a problem child.

To say a program is dirty because they get a few players to transfer is hilarious.

25 juco players is hilarious.

Juco players are TYPICALLY dumber than a bag of hammers...so dumb they can't even get into UGA kinda dumb.

Having 2 or 3 or even 4 or 5 wouldn't be so bad...but TWENTY FIVE? It most certainly is noteworthy to say the least.

Are you implying that Bud Peterson is dumb? How is it laughable? Shouldn't the president of GT have some bearing on academics

Let's just say a large number of faculty aren't enamored with Bud, his credentials, or his ability to lead Tech, at least on my corner of campus. The school could/should have done a lot better.

Because it's basically a mockery of what college athletics SHOULD be.

But, I think you're missing the part where I'm saying they're playing by the rules as they exist, so good for them for using that to their advantage.

Or Anthony Allen, Tashard Choice, Cox, or the O-line guy from Auburn. We take legitimate transfers. What we should be doing is pushing for higher APR's. KSU is barely above the 2014 standard.

good ole coach Snyder, we should give him the sympathy vote shouldnt we?

and i think anyone that implies that "the joke is on us" for not maintaining a football factory are themselves a sad joke of a man

Or Anthony Allen, Tashard Choice, Cox, or the O-line guy from Auburn. We take legitimate transfers. What we should be doing is pushing for higher APR's. KSU is barely above the 2014 standard.

I suggest you start with world peace. It will be much easier to accomplish.

I suggest you start with world peace. It will be much easier to accomplish.

They are going up and Kansas State is right on the border. The presidents of universities by and large want higher standards and they are the ones who vote for it, not the AD's. But you're right, world peace if fairly easy. All we need to do is nuke a half dozen countries out of existence and then tell everyone else to behave.

Let's just say a large number of faculty aren't enamored with Bud, his credentials, or his ability to lead Tech, at least on my corner of campus. The school could/should have done a lot better.

Now I understand what you meant.

I kinda agree. Bud is doing to GT what MIT went through in the 1920s - namely a conversion from engineering to science based curriculum.

I don't know how it will pan out, but one thing is sure from what I have heard: Bud is here to stay and might be around for decades.

and i think anyone that implies that "the joke is on us" for not maintaining a football factory are themselves a sad joke of a man

lern2english

I'm not advocating Tech be a football factory.

Back