This loss is on the ACC refs

Just watched the condensed game on youtube. A few observations, Jordan Williams really struggled blocking this game. First interception definitely on Sims. He didn't see the DL that tipped the pass but he must improve that part of his game. We know his upsides and his downsides but if we are ever going to get to the next level with him as the starter he must cut down on the TO's. The DB's really struggled in coverage. They didn't get much help from our pass rush but still poor coverage the whole game. The TD to make the score 35-14 definitely a hold on Charlie Thomas that allowed the score, disagree with Roddy doing the commentary on this play. On the 4th down attempt in he 3rd qtr near mid field if Sims had not slid and would have stretched out for the first down marker we wouldn't have had to watch the same 4th down give to the RB inside play get tossed in the backfield ad nauseum. The shotgun formation giving the RB the ball already at least 5 yds in the backfield does not suit our pourous OL. Please Pnaude come up with some better 4th down calls. We are going to need them the rest of the season.

Well I don't know if the refs really sucked so much that the game would have been all that different. In fact I would love to have our games close enough that I feel I could complain about them making an impact.

However, I did notice they had a split-tail on the field and they even put an F on the back of her jersey so we would know its a female. What pisses me off is she should be at home doing laundry and baking pies instead of calling penalties on my YellowJackets.

To be fair, it was the lady referee who caught the illegal touching that negated a long completion for Pitt late in the game, so she’s got that going for her.

JRjr

To be fair, it was the lady referee who caught the illegal touching that negated a long completion for Pitt late in the game, so she’s got that going for her.

JRjr
But you can't play a football game on that turf and then get stoned to the bejesus later that night on it. Carl has been inconsolable

JRjr
@gambler You must be a Marine. Been a while since I heard the term split tail.

My problem with the ladies is they put them in positions where they’re not goin got do well. They’re not fast enough to keep up with the game. They need to stick with the line, maybe head linesman. Putting them on the sidelines downfield is a mistake unless they’re in really good shape. Looked like today’s ref had too much junk in the trunk, kind of like last week’s back judge that needed a girdle. That dude needed to hang up the cleats.

Didn’t CPJ sometimes send a video of missed calls to the league office? Perhaps a holding highlight film would do some good. When a team seems to have a strategy of hold til called something needs to be done.

Didn’t CPJ sometimes send a video of missed calls to the league office? Perhaps a holding highlight film would do some good. When a team seems to have a strategy of hold til called something needs to be done.
A "hey, second game in a row when one of our players was whistled down when he wasn't" would be a good one

apparently ACC refs are getting quite famous. Andrew Siciliano just ravaged them on NFL Red Zone.

No, no it’s not. It’s on the o line for not performing at all, and the front 7 (or actually front 6 because for some reason we don’t think it would be smart to put an extra lineman or linebacker in the box against a 2 TE look) for not getting ANY pressure on the QB. Hell, Western Michigan can score more than us against them. I think the refs were trying to keep the calls to a minimum and let the players play, because neither team really got too many penalties. Granted, we should’ve had a kick catch interference call and a targeting by 21 on sims, but other than that, it was just the refs letting the teams play.

@gambler You must be a Marine. Been a while since I heard the term split tail.

My problem with the ladies is they put them in positions where they’re not goin got do well. They’re not fast enough to keep up with the game. They need to stick with the line, maybe head linesman. Putting them on the sidelines downfield is a mistake unless they’re in really good shape. Looked like today’s ref had too much junk in the trunk, kind of like last week’s back judge that needed a girdle. That dude needed to hang up the cleats.

Not a marine, but raised by misogynists. Working out pretty well, it has gotten me this far in life.

Champ, I've been to a LOT of sports message boards. And the one thing they all have in common is a bunch of tards insisting that their team always gets the bad calls, the refs are biased against them, they get bad ball spots, the other team gets good ball spots, etc,

Our opponents have had many more penalties called against them this year than Tech has, and for more yards. More penalties against UNC last week. More penalties against Pitt this week.

Give it a rest.
You can have more penalties called against your opponent and still be screwed by the refs. See UNC game for example.

This is the third ööööing week they’ve been ööööing us with calls. Two bullshit holding calls on two touchdowns. Over 8 holding calls I counted that they didn’t call on Pitt offense. How the öööö are we gonna get anything done if we’re playing against these teams and the refs?
learn the game.....those calls were spot on. Those holds on the TD.... I guess they got it wrong. It was more like a Waltz mixed with Swing....so maybe we got off easy with 10 yds

learn the game.....those calls were spot on. Those holds on the TD.... I guess they got it wrong. It was more like a Waltz mixed with Swing....so maybe we got off easy with 10 yds
They could call a WR hold on almost any running play. They selectively enforce it.

I get the impression that Narduzzi studies the refs, which ones will blow the whistle and which ones don’t. Two games in a row now I got the impression that Pitt knew the game crew would not blow the whistle.
(Note that we got outplayed and a few calls would not have mattered.)

I get the impression that Narduzzi studies the refs, which ones will blow the whistle and which ones don’t. Two games in a row now I got the impression that Pitt knew the game crew would not blow the whistle.
(Note that we got outplayed and a few calls would not have mattered.)

That's just good coaching.

/

That's just good coaching.

/
I’ve always wondered why our Teams are so poor at cheating. Everyone else holds like crazy and GT tries to play clean. Just hold like everybody else and quit the ööööing whining.

Back