Thug U at its finest

I still despise them and their fans. I don't buy the "Richt is a good man in a bad situation" talk, either - the bad situation seems to follow him around.

I’ve said this for years. There are plenty of people who pretend to be “holier than thou” while cheating on and beating their wives. At the end of the day, results speak for themselves, and Richt has had more players arrested over the last 10 years than any other Division I coach. If he was really an upstanding man who turned troubled youth into productive members of society, that wouldn’t be the case.

Puke & n.d. players pull the same crap.

Don’t know why the situation is not addressed.

Richt actually addressed a question about this in his presser. He said that before every game some of his players go to far end of the field to pray. It clearly devolved into something confrontational in this case.

:bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl:

Dude, are you serious?

Someone get me a link to that öööö.

Was it the whole team? It didn't look like that to me.

The video is in post 1, go have a look. All the Miami players that are visible are in the crowd at the end zone, minus 4 or 5 that are warming up near the mob. Maybe a few of them are way down to the south out of the frame, but without doing a head count, it looks like the whole team (travel size) is there.

JRjr

The video is in post 1, go have a look. All the Miami players that are visible are in the crowd at the end zone, minus 4 or 5 that are warming up near the mob. Maybe a few of them are way down to the south out of the frame, but without doing a head count, it looks like the whole team (travel size) is there.

JRjr
Actually, looking at that video, it wasn't nearly as big a deal as it looked from the stands. From a distance it looked a lot worse than it was. Most of the guys do actually get down on a knee to pray, and I don't see any of the pushing and shoving I thought I remembered. They're even slapping hands with Tech players.

That said, there's something hilariously ironic (sad?) about the players bowing and being cocky moments before taking a knee to pray.

Definitely something that could devolve into a confrontation at some point. They certainly shouldn't be doing it.

Actually, looking at that video, it wasn't nearly as big a deal as it looked from the stands. From a distance it looked a lot worse than it was. Most of the guys do actually get down on a knee to pray, and I don't see any of the pushing and shoving I thought I remembered. They're even slapping hands with Tech players.

That said, there's something hilariously ironic (sad?) about the players bowing and being cocky moments before taking a knee to pray.

Definitely something that could devolve into a confrontation at some point. They certainly shouldn't be doing it.
Richt learned at the elbow of Bobby Bowden, one of the cheatingiest, rottenest, rat bastards in all of college football. Richt is an a$$hole, and the sooner he is out of coaching and on to the mission field the better.

Listening to the CPJ radio show today. Wow.

CPJ took a shot across Richt's bow.

Andy ask CPJ about the pre-game stuff and the chirpiness throughout. CPJ responded along the lines of:

"Whenever we play one of Coach Richt's team it's always pretty chirpy. Even at GaSo and he was at UGA. Circle you during warmups. Stuff like that. We just came back at 'em."

:scared:

Richt is chunking up pretty good. I think he might have the diabeetus

If he was really an upstanding man who turned troubled youth into productive members of society, that wouldn’t be the case.

Perhaps he is an upstanding man who attempts to turn troubled youth into productive members of society, but in some cases he doesn't succeed. That doesn't mean he's a hypocrite, just an imperfect vessel for rehabilitating everyone.

Perhaps he is an upstanding man who attempts to turn troubled youth into productive members of society, but in some cases he doesn't succeed. That doesn't mean he's a hypocrite, just an imperfect vessel for rehabilitating everyone.
Everyone brings in troubled players and tries to turn them around. It was the Braves' M.O. under Bobby Cox.

Either he's the worst at it, or he's a hypocrite and not really trying.

imagine what would have happened if we still had rats on the field for the tunnel!

The majority of the Miami team ran over to stare down Tech as it entered the field in some sort of peacocking move and sign of disrespect. That’s all it was. “praying” in the endzone was just justification for being a dick and was followed by taunting the student section. The only reason you would run through a home team’s tunnel exit is to show disrespect.

UGA used to do this when Richt was there, too. Just not as many. The same taunt, grandstand, pray, taunt sequence. Low character individuals parading as Christians. Won’t be the last time.

Back