Time for change

I have been at every home game for the past 6 years so why is my opinion any less valid. I just think our football program is even falling behind Duke even if we did beat them this year. I love Ga Tech football and that is why I think we need a different direction.

Then I'm a moron. And I'm also an 11-year season ticket holder so I am "on the GT train". SO I'll exercise my right to speak out that I want Paul Johnson and his high school offense on the next train out of town.

Just because I don't support the coach doesn't mean I don't support the school. How about you STFU?

Only 11, lol ! KMA brother !!! What flavor do you want next ? You ready to wait another 5 yrs on a new coach to start screaming " fire the coach" ? WOW!!

Only 11, lol ! KMA brother !!! What flavor do you want next ? You ready to wait another 5 yrs on a new coach to start screaming " fire the coach" ? WOW!!

LOL at people scared to get a new coach because Tech may lose. I guess we should be grateful for low level bowls and probably going 3-17 against the Big 4 over the next 5 years.

To hear a lot of you, Paul Johnson is the last chance Ga Tech football has and if we get rid of him or even try to go in another direction it is over forever.

Fair point. Except that Duke is about to play for the ACC Coastal and have an 8-2 record right now, while we have a 6-4 record and I'll bet you $100 that we go into the bowl game with 5 losses. SO, I think his point is on the mark...Duke has overtaken us. At the very least, they have this year.

If we play a decent defensive team in the bowl game, I am afraid we will finish the season 7-6.

Duke has played just about the easiest possible schedule they could play.

I don't agree. I think if we played Duke again this year they would beat us by 20 points

Duke has played just about the easiest possible schedule they could play.

Yeah. They drew NC State and Wake from the other division (#7 and #6, respectively) and their OOC (NC-Central, Memphis, Troy, Navy) makes ours look pretty good in comparison.

Even just looking at what we've played so far, they'd be 6-4 too if they played BYU and Clemson instead of Troy and NCSU.

I'd pick UNC to upset them, probably.

LOL at people scared to get a new coach because Tech may lose. I guess we should be grateful for low level bowls and probably going 3-17 against the Big 4 over the next 5 years.

It's more that there is a huge risk involved in selecting a new coach, a place like GT cannot quickly recover from a really bad spell without changes from the administrative side. So I think what most people are saying in regards to keeping Johnson is that:
A) Even if you want him gone it has to be a good timing, like when we will be able to pay the next guy a competitive salary.
B) Has to be for good, rational reasons, not the emotional ones like the losing to Georgia that killed Gailey.

So, let's keep Pawl thru the end of his contract, the offer him $500k to stay, with incentives for winning the Coastal, AACCG, & SFG & finally the CFCG.

That way, mediocrity will be cheap.

So, let's keep Pawl thru the end of his contract, the offer him $500k to stay, with incentives for winning the Coastal, AACCG, & SFG & finally the CFCG.

That way, mediocrity will be cheap.

Or we can get someone else who we think is worth the most we are willing to offer, instead of the most we are willing to offer minus what Johnson's current salary is. Or things in between will happen and we won't want to change the cost.

Let CPJ finish his contract, see what he can do, see if a matured Vad Lee or Up and coming JT can get it done, then make a decision.
And if all else fails, promote CTR and tell him to find an OC with a simple, effective O, that can be run well with moderate talent.

Let CPJ finish his contract, see what he can do, see if a matured Vad Lee or Up and coming JT can get it done, then make a decision.
And if all else fails, promote CTR and tell him to find an OC with a simple, effective O, that can be run well with moderate talent.

Stop being so shortsighted. You just described the total destruction of GT football. I think CTR was 4-108 in his last HC position.

Thanks for putting this history together. I think we should be looking for something better if it comes along, but I fully expect CPJ will get one more year. But 2 more losses to UGAy I cannot abide.

This "changing coaches" phrase. Could this be more clearly defined?

It seems that some are throwing it around like we change coaches like Auburn did with Chizek, or dinky dool at UT.

I think a coach should get at least 5 years. Carson had 5 & Dodd's Tech men ran him out. Fulcher left on his own after 2. Pepper got 6 years. Curry got 7 years and then left. Ross got 5 years and left. BL got 2 years and 8 games. Some say he left, some say he was fired. I heard every player went to Homer and said if he stayed they would all leave. I don't know. GO'L got 7 years plus 3 games and left. ccg got 6 years and was fired. CPJ is in year 6.

So, of our last 9 coaches we have Fired 4. 3 of the coaches have left for other jobs. 1 quit. CPJ remains and on year 6.

I honestly think we have treated, at least time given to perform wise, our coaches pretty darn well.

This stuff about "changing coaches" all the time in no way applies to GT like many make it sound or like it is done at other schools.

If CPJ would just sit back and be a Head Coach and hire an OC that can use the talent we have in an offense that uses a read option along with passing the ball in a 3-4 receiver set it would open up the offense in many ways. When a defense knows the option is coming, it is easy for them to play more disciplined. You can run the option in a one back set just as easily and the defense is not sue what is coming at them.

If CPJ would just sit back and be a Head Coach and hire an OC that can use the talent we have in an offense that uses a read option along with passing the ball in a 3-4 receiver set it would open up the offense in many ways. When a defense knows the option is coming, it is easy for them to play more disciplined. You can run the option in a one back set just as easily and the defense is not sue what is coming at them.

HAHAHAHA as if that would happen. That man's ego is bigger than that 400 lb runningback. His ego is only to be outdone by his gotdamn turkey gobbler hanging from his neck. In fact, that's probably where his ego resides...

Back