Transfer Portal Central

LaFlavor

Flats Noob
You included Scott Blair, so I figured that would include the decade prior. But whatever. Kicking game sucks right now.
Doesn't Alabama always have a problem finding a good kicker? Is this just a sign that we're going to go in the same direction?

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
That game made me sick to my stomach. We got beat by a ööööing trashcan prop

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
We lost to the worst Tennessee team in modern history in Atlanta.
We somehow ended up playing an offensive system that relies heavily on precise quarterback play, without a quarterback on the field. Some might suggest we didn't have a viable quarterback on the roster.

AlaGold

Dodd-Like
We had the worst defenses of all time because of the triple option.

I loved the offense but it hurt our ability to get quality players in the recruiting world (duh).
Not only that but practicing vs a sub-par passer and the option didn't help a bit vs other offenses.

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like
We had the worst defenses of all time because of the triple option.

I loved the offense but it hurt our ability to get quality players in the recruiting world (duh).
Yeah, but that same talent level with a guy like Tenuta would’ve been so much better than with Roof.

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like
I think Tenuta has proven that belief to be false in the years since he left GT.
Way more often than 50%, aggression is going to beat passivity. Tenuta got burned for 70 yard TD passes here and there, but Roof got burned for seven 10 yard passes instead.

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
Not only that but practicing vs a sub-par passer and the option didn't help a bit vs other offenses.
We didn’t practice against the option once the season started
There might have been a few practice periods on a Wednesday where it was 1v1s - goal line, short yardage mostly - but Tuesdays and for almost all of Wednesdays, the D got looks at the other team’s offense

Thursdays were walk throughs in shells.

When PJ was at Southern, that was the routine. And during his time there, I was at about 150 in season practices, Mondays through Thursdays (no practice on Fridays. Players took written tests.)

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
Not only did we have a string of bad D coordinators, we also had no continuity of coordinators or scheme. Each came with some quirk that did not translate to the next guy. Each was frustrating in his own way, but I’ve never been so pissed off at Tech games as I’ve been when Roof was the DC.

knoxjacket

Dodd-Like
There might have been a few practice periods on a Wednesday where it was 1v1s - goal line, short yardage mostly - but Tuesdays and for almost all of Wednesdays, the D got looks at the other team’s offense

When PJ was at Southern, that was the routine. And during his time there, I was at about 150 in season practices, Mondays through Thursdays (no practice on Fridays. Players took written tests.)
The issue, as illustrated last year, is that our first team couldn’t even run a passing offense. God knows what kind of looks our defense got when our practice squad tried to replicate one.

User 10337

You don’t think spring is crucial for development? How about camp?

Your points are true, but I think the lack of development in those two practice times were a problem.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ

Yeah. He also recruited like gangbusters.

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
The issue, as illustrated last year, is that our first team couldn’t even run a passing offense. God knows what kind of looks our defense got when our practice squad tried to replicate one.
Yes, that explains why we made no adjustments and let Miami throw 8 bubble screens in a row for a game-winning TD.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Yes, that explains why we made no adjustments and let Miami throw 8 bubble screens in a row for a game-winning TD.
One damn dropped pass on offense and a damn 4th down throw by Miami we should have easily defended. Dammit