Travis Custis and JHD ineligible for 2014 season

Or you could have read the link in the third post that said he was transferring there.

ajcgatech tweeted earleir that they were ineligible and gave a link to their 'breaking news'. When you clicked on it, you got the Ataouchu story about tonight's draft.

:thumbup: I thought the same thing when I read the post.

makes me laugh when people think we can get a better coach than PJ

how would that sells pitch go....

we will let you recruit 10% of eligible athletes and but only 2% will be blue chip athletes.

Is this a motherööööing joke? What on God's green earth are we ööööing doing to deserve this öööö? Literally 2 of the very few players that had a chance to be impact guys......CPJ is milking us dude. We need to kick this cooter off the tit and try again.

tumblr_lsxjzgb2Ns1r13m08o1_1280.jpg

It's not good news, but it's not that bad.

We are talking about two guys who have never taken game snaps at RB or DE.

Our highest rated tailback since Dwyer and a guy who projects to the NFL....uhhh pretty ducking bad.

well öööö

I don't think this is going to make or break our season (it sure won't help), but I was definitiely looking forward to seeing what Cutsis could do. Insignificant silver lining: Laskey will probably rush for over 1000 yards this year.

We have no depth and we have very few playmakers. JHD was a 2-year starter and now he's out. He might not have started at DE, but he's still a veteran. Losing Custis means we're down to 1 serviceable BB in Laskey.

Time for Perk and Snoddy to step up.

makes me laugh when people think we can get a better coach than PJ

how would that sells pitch go....

we will let you recruit 10% of eligible athletes and but only 2% will be blue chip athletes.

Believe it or not, there are coaches out there who recruit more than 300 miles from campus, especially if they are at a school with a national reputation like GT.

When the recruiting focus is on rural Georgia and rural Alabama, do you expect to find potential Rhodes scholars? You don't find billfish in a pond. Compare the 1990 2 deep with last year's, and you will see a great difference in where the players came from.

The academic excuse is absurd, and that's all it is--an excuse for a coach who either doesn't understand what he has to sell--a great school in a great city-- or he is too lazy to go sell it. Compared to Ross and O'Leary, he IS lazy.

The next coach needs to be a proven recruiter, and not a guy with zero track record as a BCS recruiter or coach.

Believe it or not, there are coaches out there who recruit more than 300 miles from campus, especially if they are at a school with a national reputation like GT.

When the recruiting focus is on rural Georgia and rural Alabama, do you expect to find potential Rhodes scholars? You don't find billfish in a pond. Compare the 1990 2 deep with last year's, and you will see a great difference in where the players came from.

The academic excuse is absurd, and that's all it is--an excuse for a coach who either doesn't understand what he has to sell--a great school in a great city-- or he is too lazy to go sell it. Compared to Ross and O'Leary, he IS lazy.

The next coach needs to be a proven recruiter, and not a guy with zero track record as a BCS recruiter or coach.

Agreed.

Recruiting focus only as good as recruiting budget. I'll give you a guess as to where ours lies on the scale between "you can go to Hertz" and "here's your own recruiting jet."

I'd love to see that top 10. :lol:

Craig James
Craig James
Craig James
Craig James
Craig James
Mike Alstott
Peyton Hillis
Tommy Vardell
Nick Goings
....the 70s...
...JOHN RIGGINS

we are White and Old Gold

to complement our current backs we need some GOLD running backs!

and not that crap Vegas Gold either. i mean OLD Gold, thick and pasty looking. where do we find some OG-backs?

Back