UCF Knights at GT Prediction Thread

28-24 UCF. We get out early but not far enough and they clean it up in the 2nd half.

I await my poo.

Edit to add: I can’t tell if most of you think we are actually a Top15 team or are already devaluing our potential win by saying UCF isn’t that good.

Not hard to figure out. They are top 15 in a poll that excludes 40 percent of teams. We are just outside the top 25 in that same poll. We are better than people think and they are getting wayyyyy too much respect.

UCF lost to Pitt last year, and Pitt barely beat us last year. They hee hawed about beating Stanford, and they sucked last year.

Jackets roll 31 - 10

tenor.gif

The absence of a top-tier DL on the other side lets us showcase more of our RBs, taking some pressure off Sims. We also get tested more on defense than we were last week by a competent QB. Mistakes keep UCF in it, but we pull far enough ahead in the 2nd and 3rd to hold them off in the 4th.

GT 27
UCF 20

28-24 UCF. We get out early but not far enough and they clean it up in the 2nd half.

I await my poo.

Edit to add: I can’t tell if most of you think we are actually a Top15 team or are already devaluing our potential win by saying UCF isn’t that good.

Nobody is devaluing anything. The national conversation will be about us if we win.

Not hard to figure out. They are top 15 in a poll that excludes 40 percent of teams. We are just outside the top 25 in that same poll. We are better than people think and they are getting wayyyyy too much respect.
That’s fair. I keep forgetting about all the COVID forfeiting

You haven’t been reading much then. There is plenty of chatter on here about how UCF is a propped up fraud in the AAC.

So what? We are only one small microcosm of the college football internet. If we win, there will be lots of news about it.

You haven’t been reading much then. There is plenty of chatter on here about how UCF is a propped up fraud in the AAC.

Think that’s an over-exaggeration. I’m seeing a decent amount of respect for their team. And plenty of chatter about their 40+ ppg mark last year was propped up by playing in the AAC.

Think that’s an over-exaggeration. I’m seeing a decent amount of respect for their team. And plenty of chatter about their 40+ ppg mark last year was propped up by playing in the AAC.

If we win, the national conversation will be about us regardless of how much we "devalue our win"

If we win, the national conversation will be about us regardless of how much we "devalue our win"
Our guys hopefully have been driven during the off-season to work towards being an elite team. While we still need a few more years of recruiting, victories over AAC type teams need to become expected. We are a power 5 school. Non power 5 schools need to come get their whoopin

Sprinklers turn on. UCF thinks it is a storm and forfeits. We track them down on their way out of the stadium, console them, then beat them 27-21 on the field.

Our guys hopefully have been driven during the off-season to work towards being an elite team. While we still need a few more years of recruiting, victories over AAC type teams need to become expected. We are a power 5 school. Non power 5 schools need to come get their whoopin

Correct

The Jackets take advantage of a rusty UCF team and the first half at least is rather low scoring. Tech is able is win the turnover battle 3 - 2 and the defense holds a late surge from the Knights to win 27 -24. Gibbs further bolsters the already strong running back core with a change of pace option to complement the two bruisers of Mason and Griffin. Tech keeps the ball away from UCF most of the day and the golden knights never get to full speed. 200 yards rushing between the 3 rb's and Sims.

Well they are this season. And we will be the first team of a handful to reveal that.

pre-season rankings mean nothing especially when self imposing a 10 scholarship hamstring. People saying we will lose the second half didn’t see the team I did last week. We are a strong and fit team ready for 60 minutes. I think playing last week will pay HUGE dividends for us. We’ll see though.

Back