Uniform tidbit

I internetted and found this. It's not a white GT but it's UA and it's $60.
http://gatech.bncollege.com/webapp/...d=15054&productId=400000188328&topCatId=40000

LARGEIMAGE_1034881.jpg
That gold is not nearly old enough.
ea8f647d4915bb6d743760caaacc7495.jpg

There are plenty of Russell polos that are about to hit the clearance rack if you wanna wait it out bro
Made of the same fiber, you just pay a premium to get a UA logo in addition to a GT logo.

We did need a new deal because the Russell deal sucked and they would rather just sell cheaply in stores like Walmart. I wonder if it is a directive from Berkshire to just be cheap and stay out of pro and college bidding wars. Hell, maybe UA, Nike, and UA will eventually have ESPN type problems if merch fees keep escalating

That gold is not nearly old enough.
ea8f647d4915bb6d743760caaacc7495.jpg

Not to get in a gold shade debate, but you're right - in the photo, it's not brown enough for true old gold. In person, it is.

FWIW - The throwbacks that CJ & Co wore in your photo above is the mustard gold that isn't anywhere near old gold. I loved those throw backs, but it's universally understood that they weren't/aren't old gold.

Made of the same fiber, you just pay a premium to get a UA logo in addition to a GT logo.

We did need a new deal because the Russell deal sucked and they would rather just sell cheaply in stores like Walmart. I wonder if it is a directive from Berkshire to just be cheap and stay out of pro and college bidding wars. Hell, maybe UA, Nike, and UA will eventually have ESPN type problems if merch fees keep escalating

I disagree; I have a UA golf polo and an off brand golf polo (both with GT logos). No comparing the two. The UA one is superior in fit, feel, durability. The cheaper one has lived up to its price tag.

I am going to burn my two Russell coach's sideline shirts. Those are the öööötiest made shirts I have.

I am going to add the gold UA shirt to my collection.
- navy UA polo w GT logo
- blue checked Columbia PFG with GT logo
- solid navy Columbia PFG with GT logo
- more T shirts than I can count
- a few Antigua shirts that may be thrown in the Russell pile.

I get a navy one as a gift about every year. I never wear them to football games

Found the long-sleeve version of this at Dick's a couple years back, one of my favorite shirts.
I wish I had the long sleeve. I'm fair with a history of skin cancer in my 20s, so I look for stuff like this to wear to September games.

Once we go with a new supplier, regardless of who it is, do folks here think that suddenly ALL the Gold shirts are going to be the same Gold?

Not saying they will not be, but I doubt they will regardless of supplier.

And I think it does not matter. Vegas, cheddar, old gold in the stands will still look good on a tv broadcast game.

Or in person.

If folks are really, really out of their minds about everything matching in the stands (not saying they are) we all need to just wear White.

Back