Unofficial GT v Pitt game day thread

G776T

Not pastor material.
No. The call to run anyone right at the 700 lb animal on the other side of the line was beyond stupid. It's basic math.
Mills is a beast, cant remember another run he had that game stuffed like that, and its really the first of his career i can think of where he didnt fall forward, occasionally players make plays.

We stopped their jet sweep for no gain/loss exactly one time, had that happened on that final drive 3rd down for Pitt instead of earlier, would it have been a ööööty play call?

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
Mills is a beast, cant remember another run he had that game stuffed like that, and its really the first of his career i can think of where he didnt fall forward, occasionally players make plays.

We stopped their jet sweep for no gain/loss exactly one time, had that happened on that final drive 3rd down for Pitt instead of earlier, would it have been a ööööty play call?
I agreed with the call to go for it. The specific play we chose showed no awareness at all of what was going on. Big number six ate our lunch every time we tested him.

G776T

Not pastor material.
I agreed with the call to go for it. The specific play we chose showed no awareness at all of what was going on. Big number six ate our lunch every time we tested him.
Im sure i actually somewhat agree with you, we picked up every other big down on the perimeter, and correct me if i am wrong, but i dont believe we even ran any motion that play. Still i dont think it was necessarily a "bad" play call. Mills gets that yard 8-9 times out of 10

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
Im sure i actually somewhat agree with you, we picked up every other big down on the perimeter, and correct me if i am wrong, but i dont believe we even ran any motion that play. Still i dont think it was necessarily a "bad" play call. Mills gets that yard 8-9 times out of 10
Mills probably gets that yard just smacking straight into any other DL. For sure. I would have liked to see him try literally anything else.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
He needed one link, which he would have gotten with his pads lower. Our OL got very little push as well.