"Unprecedented" penalties TBA for PSU

The 30 to 60 million dollar fine that's rumored is nasty. That would put many smaller programs out of business entirely.

The 30 to 60 million dollar fine that's rumored is nasty. That would put many smaller programs out of business entirely.

Could put some smaller sports at PSU out of business. Find it a little hard to believe that they will really levy a fine like that.

Do you see what happens, Jerry?
Do you see what happens when you f-ck a stranger in the ass?!
This is what happens, Jerry!
This is what happens when you f-ck a stranger in the ass!

Last year Penn State received a donation of 102 million to build a hockey arena, I think they can manage 30 million no problem.

Ped State on the NCAA:

Really, Dude, you surprise me. They're not gonna kill ----, they're not gonna do ----. What can they do? They're a bunch of ----in' amateurs, and meanwhile, look at the bottom line: Who's sittin' on a million ----in' dollars? Am I wrong?

Ve vant the money, Ped State.
Ja, ovawise we kill the television contract.
Ja, it seems you have forgotten our little deal, Ped State.

You don't HAVE the television contract, and you never did.

Are these the Nazis, Ped?
No Donny, these are the NCAA, there's nothing to be afraid of.

The NCAA has no frame of reference. They're like a child who wanders into a movie and wants to know...

10 hours and we will know for sure. I am pretty excited.

Erickson isn't sleeping tonight.

Btw, was there ever an over/under on how long Sandusky survives in the pen??

psu prez: yeah, so we need your crew here tomorrow at 6. 900 pound statue, not exactly a lightweight. we just need a place to put it...

Construction supervisor: the vpi trophy case is available. It is our most modestly priced receptical.

I think punishing the current players with bowl bans or no television or scholarship reductions actually trivializes the harm done to the victims. Some things in life are more important than who wins and loses a football game. The criminal actions of the perpetrator have been tried and he has been found guilty and will be punished. Criminal neglect on the part of Penn State employees will lead to charges and likely punishment.

Penalize the Nittany Lions financially. Charge them $2,000,000 per home game for five years - that would be about $35,000,000. Let $1,000,000 each game go the victims of Sandusky's crimes and the other $1,000,000 to a charity designated by the NCAA that works with the child victims of sexual abuse.

Coach Saban suggested an approach similar to this.

What penalties did PSU self-impose?

Penn State will destroy its emails before an investigation begins.

Penn State fans will pretend that this wasn't a football scandal.

Penn State fans will donate to children's charities, because that makes covering up child rape ok.

The rest of us will hope that they never win another game.

What should they be concerned about at this point? They are fans of a football team. The guilty parties are in jail, dead, or about to get the sh*t sued out of them. Not playing football for a year or two isn't going to do anything to punish the guilty parties. Joe Fan sitting up in Erie, PA didn't have ---- to do to this and nothing he does can make up for the wrongs done by Sandusky, Paterno and crew. Should the fans just suspend their favorite fall past time indefinitely for something they had no part in?

I'm all for punishing the guilty parties and I hope justice is served and the victims get monetarily compensated, but lets no swing the pendulum too far the other way. If the NCAA is going to punish them, they need to stick to their jurisdiction IMO.

At some point, someone has to start putting the football first culture in chains, because they are actively destroying college football.

We might as well call ourselves a professional league that doesn't pay its players.

The Penn State scandal shows just how bad it is some places. If they don't get the death penalty, which they should self impose, it just shows that all penn State really cares about is football.

Penn State didn't care about kids getting raped.
Penn State didn't care about a women's basketball coach who harassed and discriminated against her own players.
Penn State didn't care about a head football coach who decided that football players were never to be punished like normal students for their crimes.
Penn State only cared about football.

Penn State is the poster child for everything wrong with college football. And Nick Saban, Butch Davis, Nevin Schapiro, John Blake, and Pete Carrol's are their disciples.

Does this eventually help the ACC land Notre Dame? I would think that a Catholic school wouldn't want to associate with......well, y'all can all see where I'm going with this.

I think punishing the current players with bowl bans or no television or scholarship reductions actually trivializes the harm done to the victims. Some things in life are more important than who wins and loses a football game. The criminal actions of the perpetrator have been tried and he has been found guilty and will be punished. Criminal neglect on the part of Penn State employees will lead to charges and likely punishment.

Penalize the Nittany Lions financially. Charge them $2,000,000 per home game for five years - that would be about $35,000,000. Let $1,000,000 each game go the victims of Sandusky's crimes and the other $1,000,000 to a charity designated by the NCAA that works with the child victims of sexual abuse.

Coach Saban suggested an approach similar to this.

Below is why you punish the current members of the football team and athletic association. Sadly, it's probably true.

Penn State fans will donate to children's charities, because that makes covering up child rape ok.

They are part of a diseased culture. They deserve it.

And note who sponsors and advertises with PSU, so I know what not to buy.

Back