USA today's Myerberg's CFB ranks kicks off with #125:GSU

That was quick, what source do you use to search coach records?

I ranked the remaining teams yesterday and I had Ball State at #45, so it was a quick search. I hope Myerberg is putting more thought into these rankings than my 10 minutes though.

This website does have a good listing of previous coaches:
http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/

(if you need it as a spreadsheet, I made a web crawler couple weeks ago to get all of the data)

I don't know why you idiots thought it was going to be someone other than ole miss. Cypt nailed the clue so it was obvious regardless of what team you "felt fit at that spot".

Mainly because the clue said the movie was "set in" this college's town. The Treat Williams movie was set in Alabama, as jacket67 noted. It was called "Heart of Dixie" - a nickname for the state of Alabama.

I ranked the remaining teams yesterday and I had Ball State at #45, so it was a quick search. I hope Myerberg is putting more thought into these rankings than my 10 minutes though.

This website does have a good listing of previous coaches:
http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/

(if you need it as a spreadsheet, I made a web crawler couple weeks ago to get all of the data)

Nice. That site could come in handy later. I don't think I need this data in my database just yet, but I'll keep that in mind. Is it in python?

Nice. That site could come in handy later. I don't think I need this data in my database just yet, but I'll keep that in mind. Is it in python?

I used the Beautiful Soup plugin to write a crawler I'm using to build a moneyballesque fantasy football draft model. I recommend it.

I used the Beautiful Soup plugin to write a crawler I'm using to build a moneyballesque fantasy football draft model. I recommend it.

That's the package that gathered data for my original predictor. It doesn't get any easier than that.

That's the package that gathered data for my original predictor. It doesn't get any easier than that.

I've since found some other plugins that I like to use. I was writing a StingTalk scraper to do some advanced bigcry analysis before I got distracted and never got back to it.

I probably used python and BS to get it. I don't remember. I have all the data in a CSV now.

It is Ball State.

— Who is No. 45? This school's founder was also the first to receive an honorary law degree from the university.

It is Ball State.

— Who is No. 45? This school's founder was also the first to receive an honorary law degree from the university.

The founding president of the modern University of Florida was also the first to receive an honorary degree from them, but it doesn't say whether it was a law degree.

Edit: nevermind, it was a doctor of divinity (I thought 45 was too low for UF)

The founding president of the modern University of Florida was also the first to receive an honorary degree from them, but it doesn't say whether it was a law degree.

Edit: nevermind, it was a doctor of divinity (I thought 45 was too low for UF)

They are going to be ranked top 25 for sure.

They are going to be ranked top 25 for sure.

Yeah my quick google proved insufficient to the task. WF (already ranked) gave their first honorary degree, also a DDiv, to their founder 1st pres. Minn, already ranked, gave their first honorary doctor of laws to their first pres, but he wasn't their founder.

Yeah my quick google proved insufficient to the task. WF (already ranked) gave their first honorary degree, also a DDiv, to their founder 1st pres. Minn, already ranked, gave their first honorary doctor of laws to their first pres, but he wasn't their founder.
I did some looking around. An interesting trivia:
-- First honorary law degree from Arizona State went to their first football coach Frederick M. Irish. (but not a founder unless Myerberg meant founder for the football team)

sometime magically when Georgia Southern College got the "university" tag they suddenly think they are GSU. pretty cute, now wipe the snot off your nose and look at reality

Southern it is

Why don't we let them play each other for the right to the acronym.:biggrin:

That's actually surprising to me that we're not below them.

I don't think we should be, but I expected it with all the UNC love fest that's been going on.
Myerberg came to one of the spring practices and saw Vad practice/play. That might be part of the reason. Call it bias or familiarity...

No wonder, the clue was about giving a bogus degree!

It's not surprising that UNC is ranked that way. Their entire offense is pretty much a question mark with Bernard gone.

Back