USA today's Myerberg's CFB ranks kicks off with #125:GSU

51 is Arizona. By cfbstats.com stats and my calculations, they threw for 7.00 miles over the last three years or 6.63 miles if you only count the 12 regular season games. I don't know how he got his 6.94 mile stat.

— Who is No. 50? This university is situated in the hometown of an actor who played "Random Student #2" on a show that finished 120th in 1998-99 Nielsen ratings.

East Carolina

Right again, although that one wasn't so hard.

- Who is No. 49? This team's win total during the last two years matches its output from 2007-10.

Safe again.

#49 is Louisiana Lafayette

Next one:

— Who is No. 48? This team's coach shares his last name with six other coaches in NCAA history. He has 31 more career wins than the six others combined.

You'd think there would be more than six coaches named Johnson in the history of the NCAA. I'd be pretty surprised if that was us. If you count NFL wins, Jimmy Johnson alone would disqualify us.

#48 San Diego State

Up next:
— Who is No. 47? This university's home city was the setting for a 1989 film co-starring an actor born in Rowayton, Conn.

My guess: Ole Miss (Part of Heart of Dixie was filmed in Oxford, MS and Treat Williams born in Rowayton, CT was in the movie.)

5 MAC teams have yet to appear, pretty good for MAC.

Last edited:
#48 San Diego State

Up next:
— Who is No. 47? This university's home city was the setting for a 1989 film co-starring an actor born in Rowayton, Conn.

My guess: Ole Miss (Part of Heart of Dixie was filmed in Oxford, MS and Treat Williams born in Rowayton, CT was in the movie.)

5 MAC teams have yet to appear, pretty good for MAC.

I think Ole Miss will be ranked higher based on their awesome recruiting class. Plus, they're in the SEC.

The "setting" for Heart of Dixie was Alabama. It was mostly filmed in Arkansas.

The "setting" for Heart of Dixie was Alabama. It was mostly filmed in Arkansas.

I don't make the retarded clues, I just try to fit them to teams. IMDB listed Oxford among filming locations.

The #47 spot is about right for Ole Miss.

Ole Miss it is.

Who is No. 46? This team's coach has suffered only one losing season (a 5-6 finish) during 12 years at three different NCAA stops.

Must not be us. CPJ had one losing season here and at least one at Navy.

I don't know why you idiots thought it was going to be someone other than ole miss. Cypt nailed the clue so it was obvious regardless of what team you "felt fit at that spot".

Back