Wanted: Jalen Carter

Is there a reason that the family isn't going after Carter in a civil suit? (admittedly haven't followed everything about the story and I could be missing something).

All it takes is UGA to have one self righteous prick to decide it was all the girl’s fault and UGA shouldn’t pay these people anything. I don’t know if UGA has that kind of person high enough to make that kind of decision, but I do know there are a lot of people who think that way.
They have essentially already done that by saying that she was not authorized to have the car. The article indicates that that has been disputed, and that she was authorized to have it the entire weekend. Without actually stating it, I think UGA wants people to believe that it was ALL the girl's fault. Her family needs to be looking into defamation of character.

You cannot defame the dead
From an online site, "... in Georgia, common law has held that a pending libel action may be continued by survivors upon the death of the plaintiff. 3 You will need to check your state’s survival statute to understand your legal rights." I guess, because of the word "pending"that would mean that the suit would have to have been filed before the death. So, apparently, you are correct.

Is there a reason that the family isn't going after Carter in a civil suit? (admittedly haven't followed everything about the story and I could be missing something).
They haven’t filed a civil suit yet. The attorneys have only sent a statutorily required notice of claim (ante litem correspondence) to the state as a prerequisite to filing the lawsuit. Carter could very well be included on whatever gets filed (along with LeCroy’s estate).

They haven’t filed a civil suit yet. The attorneys have only sent a statutorily required notice of claim (ante litem correspondence) to the state as a prerequisite to filing the lawsuit. Carter could very well be included on whatever gets filed (along with LeCroy’s estate).

Thanks--hoping one of the lawyers would chime in.

While Ugag will likely be very good at making this disappear quickly and come out of it relatively unscathed, the kid is another story. If I'm the family, I'm going after him and that contract he is about to get.

If I'm the family, I'm going after him and that contract he is about to get.
Yep but you want him to get drafted as high as possible to fatten the pot of money he has to pay out of. Slapping him with a lawsuit now would likely lower his draft status.

Yep but you want him to get drafted as high as possible to fatten the pot of money he has to pay out of. Slapping him with a lawsuit now would likely lower his draft status.

Perhaps, but many draft insiders expect him to be a Top 10 pick and teams will have investigated the situation well beyond Athens trying to make it go away.

Yep. Typical to name everyone who might have a chance of having some liability and let the jury sort it out. I don't know how that might differ for this particular case.

Re: defaming the dead. Tort or not, it wouldn't be good for the University to make public statements trying to shift liability that is later discovered to be a lie.

Yep. Typical to name everyone who might have a chance of having some liability and let the jury sort it out. I don't know how that might differ for this particular case.

Re: defaming the dead. Tort or not, it wouldn't be good for the University to make public statements trying to shift liability that is later discovered to be a lie.
The entire dwag football program is built on corruption and lies! And outside of football, ugag is nothing but a ööööty little university that no one outside the state of JawJa gives two öööös about anyway.

This morning Kirby was given a chance to speak up for Carter on the air with Stephen A Smith. He chose to talk about how great it was he chose to come back and play, even playing through some injury. As for a positive word about his character, crickets. He simply said it is hard to find a college kid who did not get into messes like that.

Kirby, I know that Carter pretty much fits the norm of young people who choose to go to the Cesspool. But, believe it or not, it is actually not that hard to find college kids who don’t race friends at high speeds, with drunkenness involved, with two lives lost, who leave the scene and change their story. Maybe you should get out of Athens more often, Coach Smart.

This morning Kirby was given a chance to speak up for Carter on the air with Stephen A Smith. He chose to talk about how great it was he chose to come back and play, even playing through some injury. As for a positive word about his character, crickets. He simply said it is hard to find a college kid who did not get into messes like that.

Kirby, I know that Carter pretty much fits the norm of young people who choose to go to the Cesspool. But, believe it or not, it is actually not that hard to find college kids who don’t race friends at high speeds, with drunkenness involved, with two lives lost, who leave the scene and change their story. Maybe you should get out of Athens more often, Coach Smart.
Kirby is a scumbag. Never felt that way about Dooley, Goff, Donnan or Richt. Ugag has finally found its perfect coach.

Kirby is a scumbag. Never felt that way about Dooley, Goff, Donnan or Richt. Ugag has finally found its perfect coach.
I agree about Kirby as a scumbag. I can’t agree that I never felt the same way about the others you mentioned. Richt might be the only one who wasn’t a scumbag, but then he messed it up by giving a vibe of hypocrisy.

I agree about Kirby as a scumbag. I can’t agree that I never felt the same way about the others you mentioned. Richt might be the only one who wasn’t a scumbag, but then he messed it up by giving a vibe of hypocrisy.
Not trying to provoke an argument (shocker, right?) but maybe learn something. What makes you call Dooley a scumbag?

Dooley was a block head - always looked to me like he was the love child of a couple of Rock 'Em Sock 'Em robots. Probably these two:

1682704232895.png

Back