We Will Beat Miami

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
It is never as good or as bad as it seems. We played a terrible game and they played a pretty good one compared to the rest of their season. Had we won the turnover battle, or perhaps even if we'd just not had so many critical turnovers, we'd have won that game.

I saw what I expected to see from the VT defense, they did a very good job. I saw mostly what I expected to see from our defense as well. Minus the short touchdown off the fumble on the first drive, and the weird 4th down call deep in our own territory that turned into a FG, VT had one real scoring drive on the game.

Where we lost this was turning it over in critical locations to basically feed VT a bunch of points we didn't really need to let them have, as well as turning it over to kill a bunch of other drives. We went for it on fourth down 3 times, came up 0-fer, lost a deadly fumble, and threw two picks (one that ended the game). We lost the turnover battle by 6, essentially, and it was a 1 score game. We're a much better team than we showed yesterday, and we're going to beat Miami.

My gold colored glasses didn't even slip. 11-1 bay bee.

I don't think so.

After watching Miami-UF, where UF looked a lot like us last night, plus the disparity in the talent gap between us and the U, I think Miami beats us, not by much, but they beat us.

Guys, we have a really good run defense. I believe we will do enough to slow Miami run game and good athletes in the back in end to win. Question is will we get out of our on way on offense?

Guys do not jump off the Vad or CPJ(my toe is dragging on the pavement) wagon. We still a good enough team to win 9 games. Hell I remember ST had a meltdown after we lost vs Miami in '09. Keep calm until next week

I realize I'll likely be one of the very few that picks us over Miami. It is what it is. :lol:

Dude, it ain't happenin, they beat my Gators pretty smoothly, it's gonna be an ugly game I hate to say it.

If their D is anything close to last season's, we could pull off a win. From what I saw last night we will lose by at least 14.

They lost every battle in that UF game, they just took the ball away a whole bunch and survived. UF has a systemic problem with turnovers, though. They are putting up performances like that in every single game. That won't be us. CPJ has shown he can correct ball security issues before, he'll do it again. That, and Miami's defense isn't nearly as disruptive as VT's.

Don't get me wrong, Miami will give us a game, they are pretty good. I think we have what it takes to beat them, though, and I think we have the right team attitude to shake this loss off and get back to it. We get a long week this time, we'll be ready.

I don't think Miami has the chops on D to do what Foster and Co did last night. It will be a great game as we will come out firing for the first time all year. Once again I think we will have to rely on defensive adjustments though as I doubt we'll have seen miami's full playbook.

Also the wtf 4th down call lead to a missed field goal. The other FG drive came in the third quarter.

Guys, we have a really good run defense. I believe we will do enough to slow Miami run game and good athletes in the back in end to win. Question is will we get out of our on way on offense?

Guys do not jump off the Vad or CPJ(my toe is dragging on the pavement) wagon. We still a good enough team to win 9 games. Hell I remember ST had a meltdown after we lost vs Miami in '09. Keep calm until next week
+1
Vad looked like a kid who is in his first year starting.

He's still going to have growing pains.

The offense will struggle when our O line has to go up against a D line with big, quick, athletic D linemen --as was the case last night. Turnovers were the difference in the game --but also, we had 6 procedure penalties by early 3rd quarter.

VPI will probably be the strongest defense we face all year, so we did ourselves no favors by turning 3rd n 3 into 8; or 2nd n 6 into 11.

It was a bad night and we lost to a team, despite how badly we played, still should have beat. I was braced for 1-1 with VPI/UM --now we have to get ready to head to Coral Gables and beat the 'Canes ...all is not lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First visit to Stingtalk since yesterday (still using sparingly)...

I think we still have a solid chance against Miami. VT did what VT does and played great defense against us. The thing is, I still believe they will lose to Miami and could easily lose to UNC. If we take Miami, we're very much still in the ACC race.

And as said above, many predicted Vad would have growing pains. Ball security was obviously an issue last night, but it's only going to get better.

[returns to hiding]

We Will Beat Miami

A team capable of beating Miami has no business looking like they looked last night.

I understand and accept that college teams lay at least one egg per season. Last night was not our egg-laying game (lackadaisacal, heart not in the game, etc.). The players were playing hard - all of them.

But on offense, it seemed like they had never met each other before. I have had issues with CPJ before but not being organized and prepared has never been one of them until last night.

Its not so much the downside of losing as much as the foregone upside of what a win would have meant. Once an opportunity is gone, its gone. When I see the players battling with heart like they were last night, it hurts deep when I attribute the loss to inadaquate preparation by our highly-compensated coaching staff.

The players came to play. Not sure what the coaches were doing.

Our entire offense is geared towards scheming away an athletic disadvantage. We didn't lose because VT's 11 were better than our 11, we lost because we didn't prepare the kids to run the plays that would have at least somewhat neutralized the gap between our respective athletic ability.

A team capable of beating Miami has no business looking like they looked last night.

I understand and accept that college teams lay at least one egg per season. Last night was not our egg-laying game (lackadaisacal, heart not in the game, etc.). The players were playing hard - all of them.

But on offense, it seemed like they had never met each other before. I have had issues with CPJ before but not being organized and prepared has never been one of them until last night.

Its not so much the downside of losing as much as the foregone upside of what a win would have meant. Once an opportunity is gone, its gone. When I see the players battling with heart like they were last night, it hurts deep when I attribute the loss to inadaquate preparation by our highly-compensated coaching staff.

The players came to play. Not sure what the coaches were doing.

Our entire offense is geared towards scheming away an athletic disadvantage. We didn't lose because VT's 11 were better than our 11, we lost because we didn't prepare the kids to run the plays that would have at least somewhat neutralized the gap between our respective athletic ability.

I don't think we're going to have one of those games this year. I think this game is about as close as you're going to get. This team has a lot more attitude than we've seen in recent CPJ teams. They have fought hard through early deficits in 2 big games in a row. They didn't fold like they would have even just last year.

I don't know why we called the plays we did the way we did. Some of it was fairly disappointing. I suppose we'll get more information about it as the week winds on.

Well, since VT just put ALL of our Offensive shortcomings on full display,
I'm hoping that means we've identified exactly what needs fixing
and will get fixed before Miami.

11-1, baby ?

Well, since VT just put ALL of our Offensive shortcomings on full display,
I'm hoping that means we've identified exactly what needs fixing
and will get fixed before Miami.

11-1, baby ?

:biggthumpup:

Back