We Will Beat Miami

VT's offense is garbage. I'll bet you a bottle of whiskey right now they lose at least 2 ACC games. Maybe 3 or 4.

The teams we need the tiebreaker against are UNC and Miami. If we lose to Miami, we're out of it, but this loss in no way puts us out of it. 5-3 and 6-2 routinely makes the CCG.

+1

6-2 gets us into the ACCCG if one of the wins is over Miami.

Lot of really good points being made.

Anyway to pin this thread and look at it on 12/01?

Proof / Pudding

apparently not, because they all come back to say "I told you so" during and after losses and say nothing in between. During losses, in the stands they spend the whole time yelling what plays the coach should be running instead of cheering.

That doesn't sound like rooting for a team, that sounds like rooting for yourself to be happy. Rooting for you to be right, and rooting to live vicariously through the exploits of a team. You want to be associated with a winner and can not stand yourself to be associated with anything else. You rooted and cheered loudly in 2009 because we were winning. You point out the flaws in bad years because you want to distance yourself from our losing. It probably has to do with your own dissatisfaction with the pathetic trajectory of your life.

öööö fine post Crew.

The interesting thing is how different everything would seem if we didn't lose the fumble on the first drive, scored a TD instead and held on to win. Even if we still had all the false starts, everybody would be so much higher on the team on the basis of not having one fumble.

It's never as good or as bad as it seems. This really can be 2009 Miami, with the short week and all. Yes, VT also had the short week, but I know after the 2009 Miami game, CPJ talked about how difficult the shortened week was along with GT's course load, players pulling all-nighters, that sort of thing.

We'll find out in the end, but certainly 9-3 with losses to Clemson and UGA wouldn't shock me at all (not that I would be happy about UGA). Clemson may simply be out of reach and I don't know if we can outscore UGA's offense.

We won't know much about our team until after BYU.

I agree with fj on the early fumble. That fumble set the tone of the entire game. Perhaps that fumble and this game will be a valuable learning experience for Vad. Perhaps he will come out as a new man with a renewed drive. It sucks that we lost, but oh well ... time for Miami.

I've given up on Paul Johnson going MULTIPLE with his offense. He's too stubborn and won't mold his offense around what his players are good at. Vad can pass yet we continue to run when it's clearly not working. My multiple offense fantasy is just that.

Dude, it ain't happenin, they beat my Gators pretty smoothly, it's gonna be an ugly game I hate to say it.

I watched that game & they were VERY lucky to win it. Gators looked like hot garbage & if they had not shot themselves in the foot everytime they had the ball they would have run a train on Miami.

It may already be out of reach.

VT now has to lose two ACC games for us to make it to the ACCCG since we just lost the tiebreaker. And that's assuming we don't drop another one.

VT's remaining ACC games are:

UNC; Pitt; Duke; BC; Miami; MD and UVa.

I guess they could drop two of those and I guess we could beat @Miami, @Clemson, Pitt, Syracuse and @UVa but...

Here is a scenario & I want people with a better understanding of the tie breaker system to help me out here.

We Lose to VT & Clemson VT loses to Miami & Maryland
Miami Loses to GT & FSU

Who goes to the ACCCG?

[y]za5wwChsCwg[/y]

In case you needed a reminder of what their team is all about

Here is a scenario & I want people with a better understanding of the tie breaker system to help me out here.

We Lose to VT & Clemson VT loses to Miami & Maryland
Miami Loses to GT & FSU

Who goes to the ACCCG?

Since the losses to the Atlantic for each team are not played by the other three teams, it will go to BCS/draw. For BCS, if two teams are ranked within five spots of each other, then the head-to-head of the top two teams will determine who goes.

So if we beat UGA, we would probably be the top-ranked team. If Miami is the second-ranked team within five spots, then we go. If VT is the second-ranked team within five spots, VT goes. If neither Miami or VT is ranked within five spots of us, we go.

If we lose to UGA, we will likely be the third ranked team with three losses assuming neither Miami or VT lose an OOC game. VT would have to be ranked more than five spots ahead of Miami to go, otherwise Miami goes.

I've given up on Paul Johnson going MULTIPLE with his offense. He's too stubborn and won't mold his offense around what his players are good at. Vad can pass yet we continue to run when it's clearly not working. My multiple offense fantasy is just that.

LOL, did you even watch the VT game? We threw 24 passes and only completed 7. Our OL got absolutely destroyed in pass protection, Vad was rattled all game, and Waller dropped almost everything he touched.

Passing would be awesome if we could do it, but we can't. That's not a playcalling issue either - we tried to pass and failed miserably. It's a personnel/preparedness issue. Our players are either incapable of blocking/throwing/catching passes at a D1 level, or they are not prepared by our staff to do so. Either way, I do not see us reaching the level we want to be at unless we can figure out a way to pass. VT was blitzing corners and firing LB's all over the place and we had absolutely no way to make them pay. Inexcusable.

LOL, did you even watch the VT game? We threw 24 passes and only completed 7. Our OL got absolutely destroyed in pass protection, Vad was rattled all game, and Waller dropped almost everything he touched.

Ugh

The Waller foot out of bounds play also haunts me from last night. Would have been huge gain, but not experienced enough for putting foot in bounds to be instinctual.

I feel like that has little to do with experience and everything to do with just knowing what to do and where you are. I mean hell I do that öööö in the backyard. You know where the field ends. You know to do the toe-tap.

This forum's gif output has really gone downhill in the last day and a half.

50301c7584ae7fae2e6528d5

apparently not, because they all come back to say "I told you so" during and after losses and say nothing in between. During losses, in the stands they spend the whole time yelling what plays the coach should be running instead of cheering.

That doesn't sound like rooting for a team, that sounds like rooting for yourself to be happy. Rooting for you to be right, and rooting to live vicariously through the exploits of a team. You want to be associated with a winner and can not stand yourself to be associated with anything else. You rooted and cheered loudly in 2009 because we were winning. You point out the flaws in bad years because you want to distance yourself from our losing. It probably has to do with your own dissatisfaction with the pathetic trajectory of your life.

Dude you have no idea what you're talking about. If my fandom matters to you, you could've simply asked instead of spewing your illogical mouth-diarrhea.

I would've responded with the fact that my first game was the Curry era (at Clemson, which we won courtesy of Mr. Dewberry). I was there for the blip that was 1990, I was there as a student for the Bill Lewis chokes and 1-10 Tommy Luginbill, and I've been there every year since.

Yes of course I want to be associated with a winner because I am associated with GT, love GT, and ööööing obviously want GT to be a winner. I don't just roll over and fall back on the tired 'we're-a-better-school' b.s. that seems to sustain a lot of the tards on this board. There is no reason to play the games if the goal is not to be a winner and collect championships.

So honestly stfu because your assumptions about why people post are about as insightful as the idiots who predicted 12-0 for this team.

Back