We Will Beat Miami

Well, since VT just put ALL of our Offensive shortcomings on full display,
I'm hoping that means we've identified exactly what needs fixing
and will get fixed before Miami.

11-1, baby ?

Glad to see you didn't off yourself last night

+1
Vad looked like a kid who is in his first year starting.

He's still going to have growing pains.

He is in his 3rd year of the system. Compare other good QB's at the 3rd year. But I don't blame him, it is on CPJ.

So I hope, by the time the next 2 games are over I can give credit to CPJ & VL.

But I think the UM game may be the most important of CPJ's tenure.

I think the 2009 UGA is/was and always will be the most important game of CPJ's tenure.

öööö it. fire cook, make joe the qb coach.

edit:

Probably a bit harsh... he is still new. But I do think we could develop an offense better suited to vad's skill with joe than with cook.

The offense will struggle when our O line has to go up against a D line with big, quick, athletic D linemen --as was the case last night. Turnovers were the difference in the game --but also, we had 6 procedure penalties by early 3rd quarter.

VPI will probably be the strongest defense we face all year, so we did ourselves no favors by turning 3rd n 3 into 8; or 2nd n 6 into 11.

It was a bad night and we lost to a team, despite how badly we played, still should have beat. I was braced for 1-1 with VPI/UM --now we have to get ready to head to Coral Gables and beat the 'Canes ...all is not lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ugag & CU will have better Defense than VPI. UM & BYU may be as good if not better. After 5 years and 4 games, CPJ fixes it now or he is not capable of doing so.

Did you watch the Alabama game? Apparently you haven't seen UGA's rush defense as of late; and we match up decently against Clemson.

Well, words until proven or not. I hope VPI was the baddest of the bad we will ever face. We shall see, no?

ugag & CU will have better Defense than VPI. UM & BYU may be as good if not better. After 5 years and 4 games, CPJ fixes it now or he is not capable of doing so.

OK step away from the ledge. THis is simply not the case. The VPI defense is legit. And much more legit than the leg humpers and kitty cats.

Not to mention Clemson likes to run the hurry-up which can play to our advantage a la UNC game.

UGA will try to do their power run and play action game against us, and we'll see how we handle it, but their defense is not something that concerns me as of right now.

Which he lost, so where does that leave us now?

Failed forever?

no, but severely handicapped moving forward from that point. 2 losses in a row to GT and a subpar season for UGA may have pushed UGA to make a change at Head Coach, and recruiting in-state likely could've gone a lot better. I think that loss set us back about 3 years in coming of age as a program, last night's loss doesn't even register on the richter scale. We just played badly, whoopdy doo, come back and beat Miami and we're back on track.

Guys, we have a really good run defense. I believe we will do enough to slow Miami run game and good athletes in the back in end to win. Question is will we get out of our on way on offense?

Guys do not jump off the Vad or CPJ(my toe is dragging on the pavement) wagon. We still a good enough team to win 9 games. Hell I remember ST had a meltdown after we lost vs Miami in '09. Keep calm until next week

I certainly think we have a shot at beating Miami. In fact, I think we have a better shot now, that they're going to sleepwalk into the game.

But if we don't, the ACCCG is probably out of reach.

Foster won VT the game by moving his starting corners in to OLB and having the DE and OLB shadow the outside to stop all available running options on the perimeter, and by having the DT maintain blocks to prevent the OL from getting to the LBs. The entire goal of tonight was to funnel all plays into the middle where 1+ free LBs (usually Jack Tyler) would be available to pick up the running back. That combined with a good mix of stunts and blitzes coming from the available MLB and S helped VT confuse and shut down the O line.

Miami can try and mimic this, but TBH I don't think they have the interior talent to allow OLBs to get 1 on 1 with the ball carriers and pitch men on the outside. They do, however, have great linebacker talent and their secondary is slated to be better this year than last. Their D is pretty good at run stopping and forcing turnovers (familiar) so we will see.

Clemson and UGA do not have the defensive talent that VT has this year, period. Not to discount either one, but they just don't. Both programs have work to do yet in their secondary to be considered against VT.

I can't tell if you guys who are saying 11-1 (or even 9-3) are joking or just ööööing stupid, but either way it's pretty amusing.

I think most of the people saying 9-3 came in expecting us to lose at least one of our big-time conference games so the fact that we did to one of the bigger opponents shouldn't really be reason enough to change their prognostication.

as for the 11-1 predictors. There are these people called fans. And they do this thing called "rooting for their team" and "hoping their team wins."

Then there are these things called "know-it-alls" and they do this thing called "prove how smart they are" and "analyze the team's flaws to the point of overemphasis."

You can choose which group you want to be a part of.

We didnt get beat by superior talent, it was superior execution and superior defensive mind that beat us.

Once again for you star lovers, here is VT D:
I'm bored
Gayle-3*
Maddy-2*
Hopkins-3*
Collins- NR
Tyler - NR
Edwards- 3*
Trimble - NR
Jarrett- 4*
Bonner- 3*
Facyson-3*
Kyle Fuller 3*
Kendall Fuller- 5*

I think most of the people saying 9-3 came in expecting us to lose at least one of our big-time conference games so the fact that we did to one of the bigger opponents shouldn't really be reason enough to change their prognostication.

as for the 11-1 predictors. There are these people called fans. And they do this thing called "rooting for their team" and "hoping their team wins."

Then there are these things called "know-it-alls" and they do this thing called "prove how smart they are" and "analyze the team's flaws to the point of overemphasis."

You can choose which group you want to be a part of.

You forgot the group of fans who see GT football for what it is and wish it was better. These fans also root for their team and hope their team wins.

But if we don't, the ACCCG is probably out of reach.

It may already be out of reach.

VT now has to lose two ACC games for us to make it to the ACCCG since we just lost the tiebreaker. And that's assuming we don't drop another one.

VT's remaining ACC games are:

UNC; Pitt; Duke; BC; Miami; MD and UVa.

I guess they could drop two of those and I guess we could beat @Miami, @Clemson, Pitt, Syracuse and @UVa but...

You forgot the group of fans who see GT football for what it is and wish it was better. These fans also root for their team and hope their team wins.

apparently not, because they all come back to say "I told you so" during and after losses and say nothing in between. During losses, in the stands they spend the whole time yelling what plays the coach should be running instead of cheering.

That doesn't sound like rooting for a team, that sounds like rooting for yourself to be happy. Rooting for you to be right, and rooting to live vicariously through the exploits of a team. You want to be associated with a winner and can not stand yourself to be associated with anything else. You rooted and cheered loudly in 2009 because we were winning. You point out the flaws in bad years because you want to distance yourself from our losing. It probably has to do with your own dissatisfaction with the pathetic trajectory of your life.

Dude, no. VT is a top 5 defense in the country. Clemson, UGA, and Miami have explosive offenses and are better teams than VT but do not have especially great defenses. BYU has a very good defense, but probably not VT caliber.

Anybody who has seen VT play this year understands what I'm talking about. Alabama couldn't do anything to them offensively, and Marshall's offense was ranked 6th nationally last year (#1 passing) but still couldn't do much at all after a few early scores. VT's offense is not good at all, but that defense is LEGIT.

It may already be out of reach.

VT now has to lose two ACC games for us to make it to the ACCCG since we just lost the tiebreaker.

VT's offense is garbage. I'll bet you a bottle of whiskey right now they lose at least 2 ACC games. Maybe 3 or 4.

The teams we need the tiebreaker against are UNC and Miami. If we lose to Miami, we're out of it, but this loss in no way puts us out of it. 5-3 and 6-2 routinely makes the CCG.

Back