Welcome To Head Coaching, Brent Key

Wow, praise from Bark Madley. Truly, we have found a man to lead this program through uncertainty or we have found Georgia’s greatest dream.

The truth is, any hire by Tech was going to be a risk, this one, Deion, Fritz, whoever. There were no "proven national championship coaches" coming to Tech even if there were some available and if even they would be willing to come here, even that is no guarantee - if you don't see that then you haven't been paying attention to how things go at Tech and have for forever and a day, why would now be any different. Everything is difficult and a challenge here - that is the one thing academics and sports at Tech have in common. Embrace it, be worthy, don't be a pussy.

If you aren't pulling for Key to be successful then you are a miserable person and should just go root for uga. öööö them and öööö you.

If you are negative because that's how you roll, fine, mire in your own misery and rejoice in the futility of your own masochistic jerk off to the fantasy of what could have been, or you can realize you have no say, you have no choice, but you can choose your path through this. You aren't an expert, and you know nothing. You are just being an emotional basket case over something you can't control - I suggest taking up a new hobby on Tik Tok, seems to work for teenage girls. If we end up sucking there will be plenty of misery to be had by all, we are all well versed in that - or you can choose to look forward to next season to see what Key can do for us before collapsing into a pool of tears and urine.

I hope that Key is successful, perhaps he will be. If that's how it ultimately ends up, wouldn't that be the best outcome of all? I don't get the sense that Key was hired because he is a "Tech man", but is there any better possible outcome that a Tech man being successful at Tech? I doubt there is anyone alive that wants Tech to win more than Brent Key. He's fully invested and he's got my full support.

The truth is, any hire by Tech was going to be a risk, this one, Deion, Fritz, whoever. There were no "proven national championship coaches" coming to Tech even if there were some available and if even they would be willing to come here, even that is no guarantee - if you don't see that then you haven't been paying attention to how things go at Tech and have for forever and a day, why would now be any different. Everything is difficult and a challenge here - that is the one thing academics and sports at Tech have in common. Embrace it, be worthy, don't be a pussy.

If you aren't pulling for Key to be successful then you are a miserable person and should just go root for uga. öööö them and öööö you.

If you are negative because that's how you roll, fine, mire in your own misery and rejoice in the futility of your own masochistic jerk off to the fantasy of what could have been, or you can realize you have no say, you have no choice, but you can choose your path through this. You aren't an expert, and you know nothing. You are just being an emotional basket case over something you can't control - I suggest taking up a new hobby on Tik Tok, seems to work for teenage girls. If we end up sucking there will be plenty of misery to be had by all, we are all well versed in that - or you can choose to look forward to next season to see what Key can do for us before collapsing into a pool of tears and urine.

I hope that Key is successful, perhaps he will be. If that's how it ultimately ends up, wouldn't that be the best outcome of all? I don't get the sense that Key was hired because he is a "Tech man", but is there any better possible outcome that a Tech man being successful at Tech? I doubt there is anyone alive that wants Tech to win more than Brent Key. He's fully invested and he's got my full support.

"the futility of your own masochistic jerk off" is the name of my next screamo band

Pathetic if true

GWUNGK53JAIZERE3BPICVD37C4.gif

Godsey 2.0 That kid's a winner.
This is the most exciting part of the hire right now. I began worrying about Pyron staying the moment I realized what he was, and where he was.

Key and Pyron are gonna make Tech a totally different where from what it was. It will be the where to be. Here, I mean.

Anyway, they ööööing better.

I expect you at the first tailgate next season. You’ve been gone too long.

Bullshit. We are paying Key what needs to be paid. The other candidates wanted the "get rich quick Geoff Collins" contract. GT never ponied up for good coordinators.

Dabo at Clemson knew after he was hired there the secret is good, or great coordinators. We haven't taken that path at GT. Morons like you want a splashy hire for millions and then the typical GT being a cheap ass.
Quit saying things that make me agree with you.

Will Key drop the “ATL” and “404”?
He said the ATL chart itself was "gone for good" but we will see if he sends marketing/adidas back to the drawing board, or if he even can.

Part of me hopes that a combination of Batt from Alabama where they value their tradition and know who they are, and Key who loves Tech and knows it from when we still had what I think most of us consider The Tech Look (shade of gold notwithstanding), will mean we look like Georgia Tech next year rather than #GATCH or whatever the öööö we've been going for.

But if not, öööö it who cares just win or whatever, it drinks all ales.

edit: what the öööö happened

Back