Were any of you complainers even around for the B*** L**** years?

I was around for the Paul Hewitt era, does that count?

--as you know this does not come CLOSE to those hellish days--I pray that nothing similar will EVER occur again.

--as you know this does not come CLOSE to those hellish days--I pray that nothing similar will EVER occur again.

How to destroy a national championship program in 3 years....

Which complainers are you targeting, the ones complaining about how Paul Johnson is destroying our program, or the ones complaining about the said complainers? Or the ones complaining about people complaining about other people complaining?

I lived thru the B**L L***s time an nothing will ever be that bad. Also, a lot of bad times when Curry was the coach. He left Coach Ross no talent. Give PJ another year and things will be better.

But one thing for sure, oldl Charles Kelly must be gone now, not later and a real special teams coach brought in.

Which complainers are you targeting, the ones complaining about how Paul Johnson is destroying our program, or the ones complaining about the said complainers? Or the ones complaining about people complaining about other people complaining?

the first ones.

This really does not compare to the Gailey years either. Put 5 of these seasons together in a row and we will have what Gailey brought us.

I seriously considered bumping some old posts from the worst days of the Gailey era (51-7 UGA, VT would be examples). I figured it would be a little trollish so I did not do it. However, I think everyone should be reminded that we are far away from the problems we had with Gailey and even further away from Lewis.

I seriously considered bumping some old posts from the worst days of the Gailey era (51-7 UGA, VT would be examples). I figured it would be a little trollish so I did not do it.

you saved me the time of banning you.

How to destroy a national championship program in 3 years....

You aren't giving Lewis enough credit. He finished his demolition job in under three years. He was fired before the end of the 94 season.

You aren't giving Lewis enough credit. He finished his demolition job in under three years. He was fired before the end of the 94 season.

he was 8 games into the season so I counted it.

and don't forget his trail of excellence that continued until 2007..

From 2005 to 2007 Lewis served as the Assistant Head Coach (Defense)/Defensive Backs coach for the Notre Dame Fighting Irish under Charlie Weis.

I stepped on campus Fall of 1994. I wondered what the big deal was about football in the south since what I was watching was a complete farce. My first game was us getting demolished by Duke. I wondered why names like Heisman hung in the stadium. Why have these national championship banners if you had a turd of a coach like the man prowling the sidelines?

I found sanctuary in the AMC.

Now neither provide solace.

The End.

My first game was us getting demolished by Duke.

That wasn't my first game by a long shot, but it was without a doubt the worst prepared team I've ever seen on the flats for a game. It was shocking, even with the low expectations we had for Lewis.

I recall a play where Luginbill and the receiver had a 'miscommunication'... the WR cut across the field while Luginbill threw it down the sideline...OK, it happens. So the coaches conferred and called the same play the next time, after all, he was open. Same, exact, result. Unfreaking believable.

In 1994, BDS was a ghost town. We were really in the gutter. I was there. It was really bad.

Back