Were any of you complainers even around for the B*** L**** years?

Bobby Lamb didn't exactly quit. It was more or a glorified termination, kind of like Friedgrin at Maryland. Curry is a very mediocre coach anywhere. He record is terrible, I don't know how he manages to find jobs honestly. He may be doing ok at the I-AA level, maybe he should stay at that level. He's only had 6 or 7 winning seasons in his entire career. Maybe we should stay away from HC's whose first name starts with a B.

I remember Bill lewis and the athletes that he was left with and lost with.Bad time at tech I can attest to.Shawn Jones a senior and many of the championship team around and we folded like a shot dove.

This is why I'm a stingtalker. Such analogies. You young pusstalkers should take note. But you won't.

Bobby Lamb didn't exactly quit. It was more or a glorified termination, kind of like Friedgrin at Maryland. Curry is a very mediocre coach anywhere. He record is terrible, I don't know how he manages to find jobs honestly. He may be doing ok at the I-AA level, maybe he should stay at that level. He's only had 6 or 7 winning seasons in his entire career. Maybe we should stay away from HC's whose first name starts with a B.
I have known Bobby and his Daddy Ray for years,played under Bobbys Uncle Sammie and this was a bitter thing for all of us to swallow.Bobby did good job at Furman but evidently not good enough.I hope he gets a another job and soon.He is a good one.Curry never impressed me as a coach mainly due to his lack of expierence in coaching.Like others,whenhe had the horses he won but he is good image for a new program.

This is why I'm a stingtalker. Such analogies. You young pusstalkers should take note. But you won't.
All i can say is you had to be there during the Lewis years to see the decay and death of a program.Bad thing was as I said,we had athletes but couldnt do anything with them.

All i can say is you had to be there during the Lewis years to see the decay and death of a program.Bad thing was as I said,we had athletes but couldnt do anything with them.

All I know is that 11-0-1 MNC team that could have beaten anyone was managed into a 6-5 team that couldn't beat its own shadow within 2 years.

BOR,
Its just a state of expectations.If your kids get As one semester then next semester they have Bs-aren't you pissed?
of course it is worse when it comes from Cs to Fs- follow?

we are probably in the A/B area and we dropped to the C/D area---not good

this thread sucks....old people accepting mediocrity because they remember how bad it had been

Fail

i support cpj and his offense and most of his play calling....he's a crap ton smarter than me...but you should be disappointed in this year because it was CRAP..Duke gave us a gift of a crappy bowl game....we lost to Kansas??? WTF Kansas?? Air Force?? thats embarrassing....we lost to AFA! lol, embarrassing--if you're not mad at this year, you're a loser.

The, He who must not be named era? I remember it all to well. This year, which i have already forgotten about, doean't even come close to he who must not be named. :hsugh:

Losing to Air Force is not embarrassing. Air Force is a good team. Their only losses were to Oklahoma, Utah, TCU and San Diego St. (who's also pretty good). They played OU to 3 pts and Utah to 5. We didn't play a single team this year that was significantly better than Air Force. Heck if we had only lost to teams with winning records, we would have had an 8 win season.

losing to Air Force is embarrasing...unlv, colorado, new mexico, army, wyoming, northwestern state, byu??? where are their quality wins?? Navy?? Army is pitts, how they managed a bowl win is unexplainable.
Ill give them Navy and Ill give them BYU as decent wins...however....
losing close ones gets you nowhere in my book....

besides the few who go to air force because they want a career in the military.....air force gets the kids no one else wanted...and we lost to them....

Blazer,

Maybe you're just trolling, but how are we "accepting mediocrity." The verb accepting means that we shouldn't be accepting it, that we should be doing something about it. What is that something, firing Johnson?

Air Force is one of the better teams in MWC, a conference as good as the ACC this year, maybe better. I'm not excited about losing to them, but losing to them wasn't a huge disaster like Kansas.

i support cpj and his offense and most of his play calling....he's a crap ton smarter than me...but you should be disappointed in this year because it was CRAP..Duke gave us a gift of a crappy bowl game....we lost to Kansas??? WTF Kansas?? Air Force?? thats embarrassing....we lost to AFA! lol, embarrassing--if you're not mad at this year, you're a loser.
Quick, find someone who's not disappointed in this year starting with PJ. Stupid post.

maybe right now the answer is to just sit back and let the powers involved figure it out--im down with giving them more time...
but sure, I can be a little upset....why not.

Back