Wes Durham is Leaving Tech Radio

Pam Ward is rumored to be a candidate for the vacancy.

Tech football will NEVER be Tech football anymore. We have lost one of the greatest parts of Gameday. This is a dark day indeed.

I know for you it seems like you lost a legend, but he replaced Al Ciraldo who I liked even more. You never know, we might do better.

A dark day for radio.I have heard that Al was a great one, but all I've ever known is Wes.
God speed Wes.

I was shaking when I saw this. I screamed. No kidding, I did, and I wanted to break my computer screen. You don't understand how much I love Tech football. I can't understand this. This day feels so wrong... Wes... LEFT UusS!.

Pam Ward is rumored to be a candidate for the vacancy.

I will personally come to the Dark Continent and commit a murder-suicide if that happens. I probably could escape, but I don't want to accidentally hear her.

Godspeed, Wes. A true pro. I'm surprised it took this long to get him a TV gig.

Brad Nessler was outstanding on radio here in Atlanta, and is a top-notch TV guy now. I expect the same for Wes.

One of the top 2, 3, or 4 hires GT has ever made.

GT people loved Al, as I did. Knew him from going to high school with his children, but

He could not approach Wes.

Well, MBob has kinda stepped into it, especially if the fall does not turn out well.

I am very curious about his new position. Does it mean he can not work on Saturdays? I freaking have a ugag level hatred thought that he would choose the falcons over us.

I turn down the TV volume and listen to the radio everytime I watch a game on TV. For me, this is disappointing! Good luck Wes.

öööö!!!!! Good luck Wes. I am really really going to miss his voice on the Flats on Saturdays.

Al was much more of a homer.

Yes.

Al and Kim King made a great pair, but as a pure announcer Wes was the best in the biz. Even the dogs envied us for having Wes.

I will be surprised, in this day and age, if we ever have another individual who will be known as "the Voice of the Jactets".

I'll admit it. I've never heard Wes call a Tech game. I'm either in the stands watching or watching it on TV. Who listens to games on the radio anymore?

It's been a lot of fun guys but y'all can go öööö yourselves.

Durham out! (Drops mic and waddles fat ass out the building)

Back