Wes Durham is Leaving Tech Radio

Brad Nesler comes to mind. Same thing happened with him. By the way I don't believe I know of a dawg announcer ever being stolen by T.V. GT has had atleast two that I know of. Just saying. It is sad, (I know some one will say), that we as tech fan have to gloat about something like this. It mabe but it is the truth.

Someone is mad

why do you think that someone is mad just because they post joke posts? im making a joke, that is not the behavior of an angry person :shrug:

I'm either in the stands watching or watching it on TV. Who listens to games on the radio anymore?

+1. I've listened to Wes a couple times when ESPN3 used him as the TV announcer, but that's it. To be honest I spent 4-5 years at Tech and could not have told you who he was after I graduated. I've liked Wes on the call-in show past few years though.

Not trying to be a jerk, just refuting that GT football will not be GT football without Wes.

i suggest an occupy movement in front of AA to hire him back

i think Wes was one of the best people representing Tech. But there's no point in acting like he died, he's getting a better job that he's always wanted. and like someone else said at least he's not defecting to another school.

After we win the national title this year ESPN will hire him to do play-by-play for Georgia Tech.

didnt mind wes but wouldnt mind a bit more of a homer than him.

600x0_469074.jpg

might work since he works for FOX, maybe we can make a trade?

Unlike you apparently, I don't need someone to narrate to me what's happening in the game.

I used to listen to Wes in the stands from time to time; not every game; until GTAA dorked up the signal. I used to also turn down the sound on ESPN 3 and play Wes instead; but GTAA dorked that up too.

I think one of the most idiotic things GTAA has done in recent years is make it a chore to hear the GTAA broadcasts. If you don't live in the Atlanta area, GTAA tries to make sure you can't follow GT sports.

didnt mind wes but wouldnt mind a bit more of a homer than him.

No way dude. His balanced view was part of what made him great. You could hear the excitement in his voice when Tech did good things. Throwing a little radio tantrum when Tech screws up like the mutt announcers do would spoil it.

If you don't live in the Atlanta area, GTAA tries to make sure you can't follow GT sports.

obviously:rolleyes:

Georgia Tech's 2012 Football Radio Network Affiliate list:
Atlanta WQXI-AM 790
Atlanta WYAY-FM 106.7
Albany WALG-AM 1590
Calhoun WEBS-AM 1030
Columbus WRCG-AM 1420
Columbus WRLD-FM 95.3
Commerce WJJC-AM 1270
Cornelia WCON-FM 99.3
Dalton WBLJ-AM 1230
Gainesville WGGA-AM 1240
Greensboro WDDK-FM 103.9
Griffin WKEU-AM 1450
Griffin WKEU-FM 88.9
Hawkinsville WSSY-FM 98.3
Jesup WLOP-AM 1370
LaGrange WTRP-AM 620
Louisville WPEH-AM 1420
Macon WQMJ-FM 100.1
Manchester WFDR-AM 1370
Meigs WQLI-FM 92.3
Milledgeville WMVG-AM 1450
Rome WLAQ-AM 1410
Savannah WJLG-AM 900
Statesboro WMCD-FM 107.3
Tennille WJFL-FM 101.9
Thomaston WTGA-AM 1590
Thomaston WTGA-FM 101.1
Toccoa WNEG-AM 630
Vidalia WVOP-AM 970
Vidalia WYUM-FM 101.7
Warner Robbins WRWR-FM 107.5

Just think how fun the coach call in show would be with
steak-264x300.jpg
taking the calls

he could even do a little skit where stephen hawking calls in and asks questions everynow and again

Just think how fun the coach call in show would be with
steak-264x300.jpg
taking the calls

he could even do a little skit where stephen hawking calls in and asks questions everynow and again

That face looks like a bat to the side of it would compliment it well.

No way dude. His balanced view was part of what made him great. You could hear the excitement in his voice when Tech did good things. Throwing a little radio tantrum when Tech screws up like the mutt announcers do would spoil it.

Ciraldo would criticize the players, but when we had a horrible call, he'd speak his mind. Wes was simply more guarded, which might be a sign of the times since he always was using us a stepping stone as he said his goal was always TV. I'm not bashing him, but he wasn't all in like Ciraldo. Wes is very professional and did an excellent job, but we did worry when he could have followed in his father's footsteps at UNC. I don't want someone who won't call out the refs for fear of not getting his next job and I had that feeling about Wes.

Ciraldo would criticize the players, but when we had a horrible call, he'd speak his mind. Wes was simply more guarded, which might be a sign of the times since he always was using us a stepping stone as he said his goal was always TV. I'm not bashing him, but he wasn't all in like Ciraldo. Wes is very professional and did an excellent job, but we did worry when he could have followed in his father's footsteps at UNC. I don't want someone who won't call out the refs for fear of not getting his next job and I had that feeling about Wes.

I think you're reaching. Wes called out the refs all the time in football and basketball. And stepping stone? He was with is for 18 years.

Back