Wes Durham is Leaving Tech Radio

You can blame a bunch of ass clowns that run this school and the AA for running Wes away. He wasn't happy here and people had no appreciation.

You can blame a bunch of ass clowns that run this school and the AA for running Wes away. He wasn't happy here and people had no appreciation.

I did not know he wasn't happy. Any evidence of that?

I don't know if I can sleep tonight. So many memories of Wes calling every game since I was a toddler. I just don't understand why he'd abandon us.

I don't know if I can sleep tonight. So many memories of Wes calling every game since I was a toddler. I just don't understand why he'd abandon us.

Get out of your Dad's basement. Life is outside of Tech football.

Been rumormill on the paid sites for over two years. Smoke=fire.

Oh...so he wasn't happy with GT so he decides to take a better job. Ok...he gets to broadcast a NFL team and do TV, anyone would take that over a college job.

No way dude. His balanced view was part of what made him great. You could hear the excitement in his voice when Tech did good things. Throwing a little radio tantrum when Tech screws up like the mutt announcers do would spoil it.

nah was too neutral. rarely said "we" etc. want more homer baby.

No way dude. His balanced view was part of what made him great. You could hear the excitement in his voice when Tech did good things. Throwing a little radio tantrum when Tech screws up like the mutt announcers do would spoil it.

He is way more excited in Falcons broadcasts IMO

Go ahead and get your dads gun out kid.

This. Not that I want anyone to commit suicide, but if you base your happiness solely on Tech football you will surely become suicidal eventually. Tech football gets your hopes up and then kicks you right in the balls. Over and over. Your optimism will falter with time and you will begin to do things like expect a loss to the mutts. It is the natural progression of things.

Get another hobby that won't let you down to mellow out the roller coaster of Tech football. Otherwise you are in for a world of hurt. You can still become emotional which lets you ride the high of a big win, but if you aren't over a big loss after a few days take a step back. I have trouble with this. I still have nightmares about losing to UGA for weeks after the game is over. And during the week preceding thanks to the Tech inferiority complex.

+1. I've listened to Wes a couple times when ESPN3 used him as the TV announcer, but that's it. To be honest I spent 4-5 years at Tech and could not have told you who he was after I graduated. I've liked Wes on the call-in show past few years though.

Not trying to be a jerk, just refuting that GT football will not be GT football without Wes.

F-ing...un...believable.

obviously:rolleyes:

Georgia Tech's 2012 Football Radio Network Affiliate list:
Atlanta WQXI-AM 790
Atlanta WYAY-FM 106.7
Albany WALG-AM 1590
Calhoun WEBS-AM 1030
Columbus WRCG-AM 1420
Columbus WRLD-FM 95.3
Commerce WJJC-AM 1270
Cornelia WCON-FM 99.3
Dalton WBLJ-AM 1230
Gainesville WGGA-AM 1240
Greensboro WDDK-FM 103.9
Griffin WKEU-AM 1450
Griffin WKEU-FM 88.9
Hawkinsville WSSY-FM 98.3
Jesup WLOP-AM 1370
LaGrange WTRP-AM 620
Louisville WPEH-AM 1420
Macon WQMJ-FM 100.1
Manchester WFDR-AM 1370
Meigs WQLI-FM 92.3
Milledgeville WMVG-AM 1450
Rome WLAQ-AM 1410
Savannah WJLG-AM 900
Statesboro WMCD-FM 107.3
Tennille WJFL-FM 101.9
Thomaston WTGA-AM 1590
Thomaston WTGA-FM 101.1
Toccoa WNEG-AM 630
Vidalia WVOP-AM 970
Vidalia WYUM-FM 101.7
Warner Robbins WRWR-FM 107.5

You used to could link to one (i typically used 790) over the internet and listen to the game if you live outside the state. It was pretty dorked up the last I tried because I think GTAA is trying to make a nickle off the feed.

Back