Wes Durham is Leaving Tech Radio

I know who he is and I've heard him host the coach call-in show. But I'm not a 70 year old man afraid of the new fangodango moving picture machine.

Too bad you missed the opportunity to mute Pam Ward and tune into Wes.

its not the GTAA i dont think, its whoever owns the GT media rights

they pay the GTAA and then of course try to re-coup money via subscription for content. like almost every other school/conference

I think it is actually GTAA because I think you have to get a subscription to Ramblinwreck all access (http://www.ramblinwreck.com/allaccess/) to pay to listen to the radio feed. Dumb move by GTAA however it got implemented. Since GT has so many out of state alumni, it is stupid to enter an agreement that runs them off as fans.

I know who he is and I've heard him host the coach call-in show. But I'm not a 70 year old man afraid of the new fangodango moving picture machine.

apparently you are afraid, or you would learn to use the dials and turn the dumbasses on the network down and play the teams voice over the magic wavy notes box that you can "tune" to a specific "frequency"

you can google it if you need help

Best of luck to him. Guy's a pro and pros have this thing called ambition. Sucks for us but I'm happy for for him. Good man, that Durham!

Every team in the NCAA and NFL does this.

yes, and GT most likely gets paid and then the company that they pay try to sell the content, including charging some basically nominal fee to listen to all broadcasts owned by that company or that team or however they package it

read the articles about Wes, none of them say "leaving the GTAA" they use the name of the entity that owns the rights; IMG something or tther

Every team in the NCAA and NFL does this.

I'll pay-per-view occasionally; but I ain't paying for no radio feed. I'll either watch Bama for free or go outside and do something. Since the website is still up I guess there are enough people who feel differently to make it worthwhile. I think GT would benefit more long run by increasing the fan base via making access easier.

Wes is one of the best prepared broadcasters, pro or college, radio or TV, around. His work ethic has few equals, nor does his passion for the teams he broadcasts.
Good luck to Wes.

"To listen outside of these areas, join the Geaux Zone on LSUsports.net for live and on-demand streaming internet broadcasts."

Yes they do!

Well they didn't until recently then. Because I listened to a few last year. I LOVE radio broadcasts.

The voice of a college program is still a significant person in the "branding" of the football and basketball programs. In Wes, we had one of the best. I wish him well and am quite sad that he is leaving Tech. When it comes to our marketing, PR, meida relations, fan relations, etc. I am usually amazed at how bad we are. Wes was the one exception.

I love how every thread devolves into name calling and general douchbaggery. Well played, gentlemen.

I remember Al and Kim and Wes. We've had a good run with announcers and I expect that we will continue that trend. Best of luck to Wes.

apparently you are afraid, or you would learn to use the dials and turn the dumbasses on the network down and play the teams voice over the magic wavy notes box that you can "tune" to a specific "frequency"

you can google it if you need help

This.

Back