Wes Durham is Leaving Tech Radio

Don't even joke about this. Wes Durham leaving is the worst thing to happen to Tech since I can remember.

You are fortunate to have such a short memory.

I respected Wes more than I liked him. I got absolutely blasted on the Hive a few years ago for hinting that I thought sometimes Wes' excitement sounded a little manufactured.

You should listen to Johnny Holliday call a Maryland game sometime. Best college football radio guy I have ever heard.

It took us Al Ciraldo junkies a long time to get over Al even though he wasn't the best. But Al bled White and Gold. Right or wrong, and as good as Wes was to Georgia Tech, I never quite thought that he loved Tech like Al did.

You used to could link to one (i typically used 790) over the internet and listen to the game if you live outside the state. It was pretty dorked up the last I tried because I think GTAA is trying to make a nickle off the feed.

You can take WJJC off the list. Haven't carried Tech games since 06.

This sucks, but how much does the GTAA have to do with making Wes "happy?" I know a lot of the coaches' salaries come through the media organizations through some sort of Byzantine arrangement, but for the broadcasters I always assumed the media organizations did their own thing. What is the GTAA supposed to do, subsidize his salary? I would rather spend money on more recruiting resources and better assistants.

liked him. I got absolutely blasted on the Hive a few years ago for hinting that I thought sometimes Wes' excitement sounded a little manufactured.
You are fortunate to have such a short memory.

I respected Wes more than I
You should listen to Johnny Holliday call a Maryland game sometime. Best college football radio guy I have ever heard.

It took us Al Ciraldo junkies a long time to get over Al even though he wasn't the best. But Al bled White and Gold. Right or wrong, and as good as Wes was to Georgia Tech, I never quite thought that he loved Tech like Al did.

I think the days of homer announcers like Ciraldo and Munson may have passed. When Munson did the Falcon's games, I think his contract said he would do it as long as it didn't interfere with his real job.

When Munson did the Falcon's games, I think his contract said he would do it as long as it didn't interfere with his real job.

I didn't know that being creepy to coeds 40 years younger than you was considered a real job.

i believe Tech outsourced the media rights to ISP when Dave Braine was still here in 2000; so i dont think that Wes even worked for the GTAA but some people like to fling poo around and blame everything on 'the GTAA' - whatever

if you look at all the announcements they refer to Wes as the 'voice of the jackets' and 'associated with the program' but it does not say in any of them "leaving the GTAA" because he didnt work for the GTAA

F-ing...un...believable.

I consider it a great honor to have my post 3GT-ified, especially as your 1000th post.

Sorry to upset. I thought Wes was great, just rarely listened to him broadcast.

I was shaking when I saw this. I screamed. No kidding, I did, and I wanted to break my computer screen. You don't understand how much I love Tech football. I can't understand this. This day feels so wrong... Wes... LEFT UusS!.

Seriously kid. You have to get out of your Dad's basement and get laid. It's not even funny anymore to me. It's creepy. You must get a life.

I consider it a great honor to have my post 3GT-ified, especially as your 1000th post.

Sorry to upset. I thought Wes was great, just rarely listened to him broadcast.

In depth pre game interview with head coach, halftime quick synopsis from head coach, post game interviews with payers and head coach, inside info on injuries. You really would enjoy it!

How old are you two? Do you remember huddling around the family radio after supper?

seriously, after 18 years doing play-by-play on 750 football and basketball games, many weekly game review shows, and media events at Tech, if you dont know who Wes Durham is and have never listened to him do a game and you are not deaf or younger than 12, then you are a dumbass and not much of a Tech sports fan. period.

obviously:rolleyes:

Georgia Tech's 2012 Football Radio Network Affiliate list:
Atlanta WQXI-AM 790
Atlanta WYAY-FM 106.7
Albany WALG-AM 1590
Calhoun WEBS-AM 1030
Columbus WRCG-AM 1420
Columbus WRLD-FM 95.3
Commerce WJJC-AM 1270
Cornelia WCON-FM 99.3
Dalton WBLJ-AM 1230
Gainesville WGGA-AM 1240
Greensboro WDDK-FM 103.9
Griffin WKEU-AM 1450
Griffin WKEU-FM 88.9
Hawkinsville WSSY-FM 98.3
Jesup WLOP-AM 1370
LaGrange WTRP-AM 620
Louisville WPEH-AM 1420
Macon WQMJ-FM 100.1
Manchester WFDR-AM 1370
Meigs WQLI-FM 92.3
Milledgeville WMVG-AM 1450
Rome WLAQ-AM 1410
Savannah WJLG-AM 900
Statesboro WMCD-FM 107.3
Tennille WJFL-FM 101.9
Thomaston WTGA-AM 1590
Thomaston WTGA-FM 101.1
Toccoa WNEG-AM 630
Vidalia WVOP-AM 970
Vidalia WYUM-FM 101.7
Warner Robbins WRWR-FM 107.5

These were all blocked if trying to stream from outside the state....I agree with previous poster....GTAA really tried to stop free listening to Wes the past few years.

He is way more excited in Falcons broadcasts IMO

I've listened to a lot of both, and you're a loon. He got way more excited for Tech, routinely.

Hopefully he can rocket up the national media and finally give us a positive foothold on the national scene.

These were all blocked if trying to stream from outside the state....I agree with previous poster....GTAA really tried to stop free listening to Wes the past few years.

its not the GTAA i dont think, its whoever owns the GT media rights

they pay the GTAA and then of course try to re-coup money via subscription for content. like almost every other school/conference

seriously, after 18 years doing play-by-play on 750 football and basketball games, many weekly game review shows, and media events at tech, if you dont know who wes durham is and have never listened to him do a game and you are not deaf or younger than 12, then you are a dumbass and not much of a tech sports fan. Period.

fuuuuuuuuu-king
aaaaaaaaaa !!!!!!

seriously, after 18 years doing play-by-play on 750 football and basketball games, many weekly game review shows, and media events at Tech, if you dont know who Wes Durham is and have never listened to him do a game and you are not deaf or younger than 12, then you are a dumbass and not much of a Tech sports fan. period.

I know who he is and I've heard him host the coach call-in show. But I'm not a 70 year old man afraid of the new fangodango moving picture machine.

Back