Wes Durham is Leaving Tech Radio

I guess this is the part of the thread where we suggest names that we know and overlook the other 97.3% of qualified replacements not yet discovered.

Since many say GT is a stepping stone for coaches. Could it be the same for broadcasters? First Brad Nessler now Wes Durham. Just saying.

Re: Re: Wes Durham is Leaving Tech Radio

This is like...a bummer, man.

Best wishes, Wes. You will be missed.

This.

I really thought Wes would have a lifetime career at GT the same way his dad did at UNC.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

This.

I really thought Wes would have a lifetime career at GT the same way his dad did at UNC.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

I have always enjoyed Wes, but once he took the Falcons gig I always sensed he had one foot out the door.

Has anyone mentioned the 790 the zone guys?

What is this 790 the zone guys that you speak of? I know of the radio 790 the zone but that CAN'T be what ur speaking of because you don't listen to the radio!

What is this 790 the zone guys that you speak of? I know of the radio 790 the zone but that CAN'T be what ur speaking of because you don't listen to the radio!

Never said I don't listen to the radio. Just that I don't listen to the radio outside of when I'm in my car. I'm also smart enough not to plan on being in my car during football games, so I've never listened to a game on the radio.

Never said I don't listen to the radio. Just that I don't listen to the radio outside of when I'm in my car. I'm also smart enough not to plan on being in my car during football games, so I've never listened to a game on the radio.

Many GT fans PREFER Wes's PBP..instead of...the TV or other broadcaster, like Pam Ward or that F-ing d-bag and well-known CPJ hater Bob Davie that we used to get stuck with on TV games.

But, how would you even know, if you never listened to Wes's PBP.

Some of you supposed GT "fans" just F-ing amaze me with your pure ignorance.

Many GT fans PREFER Wes's PBP..instead of...the TV or other broadcaster, like Pam Ward or that F-ing d-bag and well-known CPJ hater Bob Davie that we used to get stuck with on TV games.

I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree over your use of "many".

I doubt the number of people that listen to the radio while watching the game on TV is even 1% of the TV audience.

I'm not calling for us to shutter the radio broadcasts and replace it with a robot, but I don't think Wes's departure is worth all this freak out and suicide contemplation. He was a good representative of Tech, but it's not a body blow to the program

Since Wes is still going to do Falcons games, and I haven't seen this posted anywhere else yet (sorry ... I took a long lunch at Hooters), my feeling is Wes is going to be doing college games, maybe on ABC/ESPN, less likely SEC on CBS. Verne Lundquist is getting any younger, so when that slot does open up, maybe a chance to call network games with a large audience was too much to pass up. Just speculatin'.

Since Wes is still going to do Falcons games, and I haven't seen this posted anywhere else yet (sorry ... I took a long lunch at Hooters), my feeling is Wes is going to be doing college games, maybe on ABC/ESPN, less likely SEC on CBS. Verne Lundquist is getting any younger, so when that slot does open up, maybe a chance to call network games with a large audience was too much to pass up. Just speculatin'.

Fox sports

Back