Wes Durham on 790 this morning...

Despite my post above, I have to admit being both a Mizzou and Tech fan allows you unlimited seethe points over bad officiating.

It's not often you get screwed over twice by one call.

Jasper Thanks

Yeah, that makes up for ACC officials screwing us blatantly with game changing calls vs UGA in 1997 and 2001 and 2005 and 2007.

Our greatest home field advantage is that we get (SEC) refs who don't receive a paycheck from Swofford.

2007 and 2005 against Georgia weren't as bad as 2006.

2006 was a LEGENDARY call in the series on that fumble play.

Jasper thanks and the year before that where we should have ended the streak was LEGENDARY.

The Joe Ham fumble/non fumble the following year (98')was a bad call too.

In effect, we are definitely DUE a good call for us/bad call for the mutts. Its been ten years.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Yeah, got my years mixed up. I intended to say 2006 and 2004.

Guys, in 2006 ACC officials PULLED OUR GUYS OFF THE PILE SO THAT UGA PLAYERS COULD GET THE FUMBLE, THEN DIDN'T BLOW THE WHISTLE EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE PULLING OUR GUYS OFF THE PILE, PHYSICALLY, WITH THEIR FREAKING HANDS, AND PREVENTING THEM PHYSICALLY FROM CHASING THE UGA GUY INTO THE END ZONE.

"Come on?"

Do you even WATCH UGA/GT football?

Despite my post above, I have to admit being both a Mizzou and Tech fan allows you unlimited seethe points over bad officiating.

It's not often you get screwed over twice by one call.

Luckily, I was not a Mizzou fan at the time, as had not done my fellowship out there yet. So was only a Tech fan, so only got screwed once by that call. However, if you think we complain about the refs, you should hear the Mizzou faithful -- they always bring up the Nebraska kick, and the 5th down...and I will be honest, even in my 3 years there (1998-2001) I saw some pretty horrendous calls against them that boggled my mind.

But as an aside, if anyone can really complain about college refs, Miami has gotten screwed out of 2 national championships with bad calls (98 Miami vs Notre Dame, 2002 Miami vs Ohio State).

Yeah, got my years mixed up. I intended to say 2006 and 2004.

Guys, in 2006 ACC officials PULLED OUR GUYS OFF THE PILE SO THAT UGA PLAYERS COULD GET THE FUMBLE, THEN DIDN'T BLOW THE WHISTLE EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE PULLING OUR GUYS OFF THE PILE, PHYSICALLY, WITH THEIR FREAKING HANDS, AND PREVENTING THEM PHYSICALLY FROM CHASING THE UGA GUY INTO THE END ZONE.

"Come on?"

Do you even WATCH UGA/GT football?

No, you're right. It's a vast conspiracy that leads all the way up to the Bush adminstration.

No, you're right. It's a vast conspiracy that leads all the way up to ... Bush

Ohhhhh nooooo.... it goes MUCH higher than that.

All the way up to .... *GASP* CHENEY!!! :wow:

:D

We are starting to sound like Duke fans. OK so we got screwed. Can we move on already?

We hit Roddy on that last pass and we aren't even discussing this call. It was just our day to get a character loss.

The players will man up and move on. Perhaps we could learn from them.

The Joe Ham fumble/non fumble the following year (98')was a bad call too.

In effect, we are definitely DUE a good call for us/bad call for the mutts. Its been ten years.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Actually, the Joe Hamilton fumble was exactly what it was - a fumble that was dead the second either Joe or the ugag player touched it because they both had their legs out of bounds. Possession reverts back to previous owner.

No, you're right. It's a vast conspiracy that leads all the way up to the Bush adminstration.

I can't come up with a better explanation. "Random Chance" doesn't cut it, mathematically. The kind of bent-over-shafting that Tech gets in officiating must have an Intelligent Designer. If not Swofford then who? God?

I can't come up with a better explanation. "Random Chance" doesn't cut it, mathematically. The kind of bent-over-shafting that Tech gets in officiating must have an Intelligent Designer. If not Swofford then who? God?

It's probably Reggie.

God would not do that. Swofford would. :FIREdevil:

Just wanted to repost something gtg816f wrote a few pages back, in case anyone missed it:

Okay, here we go. These numbers are all for IN CONFERENCE ACC GAMES ONLY:

In 2007, we were penalized 55.1 yards/game, ranking 9th in the ACC.
In 2006, we were penalized 57.2 yards/game, ranking 10th in the ACC.
In 2005, we were penalized 61.4 yards/game, ranking 6th in the ACC.
In 2004, we were penalized 54.8 yards/game, again ranking 6th in the ACC.

In 2007, our opponents were penalized 48.9 yards/game, ranking 8th in the ACC.
In 2006, our opponents were penalized 60.1 yards/game, ranking 2nd in the ACC.
In 2005, our opponents were penalized 63.1 yards/game, ranking 4th in the ACC.
In 2004, our opponents were penalized 75.9 yards/game, ranking 1st in the ACC.

So to answer your question about how to explain away the fact that we are penalized more and get less called for us than any other team...we're not. You were just using a ridiculously small sample size. Yeah, we were penalized a little more than average, but Chan's teams were never known for being especially disciplined. As for our opponents, my guess would be that under Tenuta's blitz heavy scheme, defenses held far more often, resulting in our doing so well in opponent penalties(this would answer how a team's play could affect the penalties called on their opponents). Anyway, you'll have to use something other than statistics to prove the supposed ACC bias against Tech.

Bad calls happen every game. Unfortunately it went against us last game. It happens on the road. Hopefully it will even out over the season.
Bottom line is we WIN if we dont turn the ball over. We should use this lesson...and I'm sure CPJ will...dont let the game be close enough for the officials to determine it.
LETS ALL MOVE ON AND KICK MSU A**

Back