What’s important

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
I get that in a normal year. But with politics infecting everything the loser of the SECCG won’t get in the playoffs whether it’s Bama or UGA. So the “having to play then twice” thought isn’t in the picture this year. Look at Bama. They lose a close one on the road and they drop from #1 to out if the top 4. That will be UGA if they lose to Bama. Even though I think they both should get in the playoff if they win out this alliance stuff will force the committee to not put 2 from the same conference in. I just think in a 1 game scenario Saban > Kirby.
The "alliance" is toothless. 2 SEC teams is a very real possibility if there aren't enough undefeated champs in the other P5's.

Jo_Vision

Varsity Lurker
Our biggest hope of keeping them out lies in Kentucky. An SECCG loss won’t keep them out. They need two losses or miss the SECCG. If they beat Kentucky and lose to UF the best hope is a three way tie which I would imagine they would win. Relying on Kentucky is not a great place to be.

yellowbritchies

Flats Noob
This right here. Never wish anything good, much less winning anything, on the gaggers. I wanted them to lose yesterday, next week, every damn game they play. I want their baseball and gymnastics teams to suck. I want their team bus to break down. I want the pipes in their football offices to burst and flood. I want their top 10 donors to fail and go bankrupt. Nothing good for them, ever.

The old-school guys who actually went there are sometimes, and I mean rarely, tolerable. But that is about 1% of their fans. The rest suck and are insufferable, even their young alumni. Winning a natty would make it so much worse we should not even want them close.

Sorry for the rant, but too many folks on the board seem like they're going soft with the gaggers.
My man! you are a true GT fan and know how to state it! Never give uga a positive comment.

ATLNative

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
The dwags fired Richt because he wasn't wio to do what Kirby is willing to do. The dwags have purchased an NC. ESPN is complicit. Like a previous poster said, lube up and deal with it.

But know this: the dwags bought their 1980 championship- they literally bought it from a dumb kid who sold out for what he stupidly thought it was worth. And they are buying this year's NC.

We earned FOUR of them whereas the dwags bought two of them.

The dwags will never be us. Ever.
You do realize they aren’t trying to be GT right? What do you mean buying a Nat’l Championship? UGA has lots of football to play, they may not even make it that far.

ATLNative

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Their OL are probably all NFL 1st or second rounders. Their QB has all day in the pocket. That big TE they have is 6'7" and scary athletic. He was playing his first game this season from a foot injury. They have a stud DL with a veteran DT who may be a top 5 NFL pick. It will be tough to keep UGAg from winning a natty
That said, we have to beat them. We need to find a way to move the ball against their D. Sims has the athletic ability, moreso than any gagger QB. Gibbs is as good as any RB they have. Our OL has GOT to get better. We have three 6 year veterans up front - Cooper, Johnson, Cochran - that need to lead this bunch.
On defense, we need Keion White to step up. He didn't play Saturday, despite being ATL for the first time. Our DB's were supposedly our strong position, but have struggled - partly due to a lack of a pass rush.
We have to beat the Gaggers. Hopefully, Kentucky and Florida and Tennessee take the stress off and beat them and we can just deliver their 4th loss.

I don't want any of you idiots on here who dream about UGAg coming into our game undefeated to ever mention stupid öööö like that again. It is a nightmare scenario for GT having them rolling into our game undefeated with everyone in the state going batshit for them. Our odds are going to be long and an upset would be great, but I'd rather UGAg become more like Maryland and less like Alabama
Hey guys I’m a UGA fan who promised to play nice if they let me join. I think GT is a great University, would have been proud for anyone of my kids to attend. I’ve grown up in Atlanta so I’ve witnessed numerous loses to GT over the years. I know the hatred for UGA runs deep on this site as it should. I’m not here to stir up trouble or change your minds about that despise for UGA. There may be some times I will provide another perspective but again I’m not here to interrupt the flow of your conversations but may comment from time to time. I don’t root against Tech except when they play UGA. I’m of the belief that GT is in a great position to model itself after Stanford’s football program, similar type schools and Stanford has done pretty good over the years. Anyway that’s all for now.

Techfan02

Hope is pain

I found this video Iowa would be a nightmare matchup for the mutts. Ugay has played practically no good offense exept last week, and auburn had some 4th downs missed and drops. This team is beatable I really think Iowa or a big 10 team may shock some people this year.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
Hey guys I’m a UGA fan who promised to play nice if they let me join. I think GT is a great University, would have been proud for anyone of my kids to attend. I’ve grown up in Atlanta so I’ve witnessed numerous loses to GT over the years. I know the hatred for UGA runs deep on this site as it should. I’m not here to stir up trouble or change your minds about that despise for UGA. There may be some times I will provide another perspective but again I’m not here to interrupt the flow of your conversations but may comment from time to time. I don’t root against Tech except when they play UGA. I’m of the belief that GT is in a great position to model itself after Stanford’s football program, similar type schools and Stanford has done pretty good over the years. Anyway that’s all for now.
Stanford is a private school with a much broader curriculum than Tech. It’s not really as good a match as people think.

JRjr

ATLNative

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Stanford is a private school with a much broader curriculum than Tech. It’s not really as good a match as people think.

JRjr
Yeah I was only thinking about both being top schools in engineering with high academic requirements. I do know that GT can be a good team again and the transition from how things were to how they need to be started when you hired the current coach, even if he’s not the one who gets Tech there at least he got away from that Paul Johnson offense.

Buzz_PhD

Don’t call me doctor
Yeah I was only thinking about both being top schools in engineering with high academic requirements. I do know that GT can be a good team again and the transition from how things were to how they need to be started when you hired the current coach, even if he’s not the one who gets Tech there at least he got away from that Paul Johnson offense.
Oh boy. Look who’s back…

THWG247

Jolly Good Fellow
If you your talking about me, I’ve never been here so you may have me confused with someone else.
This probably isn’t going to go too well for you on here, we hate UG fans, even rational decent ones

ClubSeats

Well-meaning elderly man with a poor memory
This right here. Never wish anything good, much less winning anything, on the gaggers. I wanted them to lose yesterday, next week, every damn game they play. I want their baseball and gymnastics teams to suck. I want their team bus to break down. I want the pipes in their football offices to burst and flood. I want their top 10 donors to fail and go bankrupt. Nothing good for them, ever.

The old-school guys who actually went there are sometimes, and I mean rarely, tolerable. But that is about 1% of their fans. The rest suck and are insufferable, even their young alumni. Winning a natty would make it so much worse we should not even want them close.

Sorry for the rant, but too many folks on the board seem like they're going soft with the gaggers.
Saw gagger in the grocery store last night walking around in his red hoodie UGA sweatshirt. It wasn’t sweatshirt weather. Probably the only Georgia thing he has, I bet he wears it every day.