What’s the skinny on our recruiting class?

öööö UGAg. I hate that ööööing team, that ööööing school, and the entire ööööing city of Athens. If a bunch of dumbasses want to attend there and get in the attaboys for playing some football then let them be dumbasses. A decade from now, when most of them are wondering what happened in their lives to cause them to be so unhirable, they will be able to look at a single point in the timeline of their lives where they chose the incorrect path.

We should hire Brandon Miller to be on our staff. I remember him choosing UGAg because he really liked their computer science department. Guessing he's a big shot at Google by now, right?

The thing that stuck out to me about this class, in a noticeable change from previous classes, was the fact that only 2 signees were listed under 6' tall. And they are listed at 5'11" and 5'10". No more 5'7" Abacks or 5'9" QBs or CBs.

Now we all know how height listing can go, but looking at highlight film, there are no obvious fibbers. Additionally, who's to say these taller guys have as much talent as our traditional shorter players. But I'm hopeful.

DL class on signing day is best we’ve had since ‘10. Some decent LBs and DBs as usual. Got a difference maker at QB. RB class wasn’t great. Couple WRs with big potential (carter could end up being a stud). OL wasn’t anything to write home about although the transfer could end up being big.
Disagree on RB's , great looking group look at the films. Lots of speed and size, what else are you looking for?

Anything to write home about? Any difference makers? Is there a good summary anywhere?

Depressed that UGA got five or Six 5* and a bus load of 4*....
We got four 4 stars so that's pretty good but it should be better

Hey guys, I'm not discouraged by UGa's success on paper nor should you be.

Seriously. When Saban gets 18 5*s, that is cause for concern - Saban knows what to do with a 5* as evidenced by their recent success in the National Championship game.

When Dr. Pepper signs 5 (or whatever) 5*s, that's cause for celebration because that idiot thinks that he can just chuck 'em on the field and they'll win the game all by their lonesome.

What you witnessed in this year's Natty was Richt talent and Richt coaching (both pretty good) being hijacked by a freaking clown. Now that all of Richt's talent is gone (UGag is "graduating" a ton of "seniors"), we'll find out what kind of coach Dr. Pepper is. I already know. He's an idiot and I expect the same fate for him as was suffered by Ray Goof who assembled talent for the ages but had no freakin idea what to do with it once the clock started.

So this is my official wipe your candy asses and man up post. Uga, despite cornering the market on 5*s, poses nothing more than a symbolic threat to our steady rise. Now that we have a real DC and no fewer than 10 4* athletes on defense, the field is leveler than most on here think it is.

Do
öööö UGAg. I hate that ööööing team, that ööööing school, and the entire ööööing city of Athens. If a bunch of dumbasses want to attend there and get in the attaboys for playing some football then let them be dumbasses. A decade from now, when most of them are wondering what happened in their lives to cause them to be so unhirable, they will be able to look at a single point in the timeline of their lives where they chose the incorrect path.
Don't worry about uga. Dan Mullen and the gators will whoop them every year like they usually do

Disagree on RB's , great looking group look at the films. Lots of speed and size, what else are you looking for?

Not terrible but one of the weaker RB classes we’ve signed under CPJ. We don’t have to hit every year though at either position so not too worried. Need to land a top BB target in 2019.

Not terrible but one of the weaker RB classes we’ve signed under CPJ. We don’t have to hit every year though at either position so not too worried. Need to land a top BB target in 2019.
Smith kid was runner up for Tn player of yr. TW is a stud tremous speed and power, and the last kid that committed has one hell of a film. PJ said he will start out at BB. Certainly not weak for sure! I guess you have those stars in your eyes.

UGA had a ridiculous recruiting class. I'm not writing it off as just another overrated class. It is bad news

Nothing we can do about that. Just got to do better ourselves

UGA has had several top 10 classes the last several years. And did nothing with them until this past year, when both UT and UF were bad.
I was reading something today that was again fellating Georgia's recruiting prowess, how the Dogs had kept seven of the state's top 10 players. I found that since 2003, they had done that two other times and four or five times had kept six of the state's top 10. Since 03, the worst performance, among top 10 in-state prospects, was 1 (might have been the year Nkemidiche went to Ole Miss?)
That 2011 class had 16 4 or 5 stars (I'm using Rivals rankings in my research). Tell me ... anybody remember anybody off that signing class, other than Crowell? A handful of guys wound up being starters. Only a couple have gone to do anything at all in the NFL.

I looked up Tech average recruiting ranking going back to 2004. Throwing out the high (18 for the Dwyer, Morgan, Nesbitt, Burnett class) and the low (the really bad 2013 class with only 14 signees, half of whom didn't stick,at No. 84), the average annual recruiting class ranking is 50

Hey guys, I'm not discouraged by UGa's success on paper nor should you be.

Seriously. When Saban gets 18 5*s, that is cause for concern - Saban knows what to do with a 5* as evidenced by their recent success in the National Championship game.

When Dr. Pepper signs 5 (or whatever) 5*s, that's cause for celebration because that idiot thinks that he can just chuck 'em on the field and they'll win the game all by their lonesome.

What you witnessed in this year's Natty was Richt talent and Richt coaching (both pretty good) being hijacked by a freaking clown. Now that all of Richt's talent is gone (UGag is "graduating" a ton of "seniors"), we'll find out what kind of coach Dr. Pepper is. I already know. He's an idiot and I expect the same fate for him as was suffered by Ray Goof who assembled talent for the ages but had no freakin idea what to do with it once the clock started.

So this is my official wipe your candy asses and man up post. Uga, despite cornering the market on 5*s, poses nothing more than a symbolic threat to our steady rise. Now that we have a real DC and no fewer than 10 4* athletes on defense, the field is leveler than most on here think it is.

So worry about Saban with talent but not the guy he hired to coach his defense with talent?

I recall a lot of that clown talk about Dabo too. Seems like you’re pretty desperate to dismiss the guy because the alternative is too difficult to reckon with.

I use to think Dabo was a clown and Kirby got his haircut at Great Clips. All the while our coach was playing chess when everyone else was playing checkers. Well what do I know? One thing for sure, it is what it is.

Unless Tech dramatically changes entrance requirements we will never recruit on par with UGAg. Other than Donnie Davis, I don't remember ever signing a top QB. We can absolutely do better, but we are always going to be down in talent to the cesspool. Chan did seem to get some players that CPJ can't get to come here - although Chan sucked at getting any depth at OL

Seems like Steven Threet and Damarius Bilbo were pretty highly touted but never panned out. Not #1 like Davis though.
Threet made a horrible error, IMO, leaving Tech for Michigan. I was fully expecting him to start freshman year. I guess Michigan becoming available was just too appealing for a lifelong fan. Part of the final nail on Chan's time here. He finally got a pro style QB with size and arm strength only for that QB to leave after spring practice. Really sucked. I had hopes.

Bilbo and Suggs looked totally uncoached during the UGAg 51-7 beat down.

I use to think Dabo was a clown and Kirby got his haircut at Great Clips. All the while our coach was playing chess when everyone else was playing checkers. Well what do I know? One thing for sure, it is what it is.
Meh, Dabo's still a F*ucking Clown...

Unless Tech dramatically changes entrance requirements we will never recruit on par with UGAg. Other than Donnie Davis, I don't remember ever signing a top QB. We can absolutely do better, but we are always going to be down in talent to the cesspool. Chan did seem to get some players that CPJ can't get to come here - although Chan sucked at getting any depth at OL

Where was Shawn Jones ranked or rated?

Back