What’s the skinny on our recruiting class?

Where was Shawn Jones ranked or rated?
Don't recall his ranking being more than what would be the equivalent of a 3*. I could be wrong. Wish we could have gotten his brother too.

Will not know anything until 3 years from now. We are just like the rest. They may turn out to be some players but they all may underperform expectations. At least our expectations are tempered by being rated middling at this point. Georgie's group has no where to go but down.

Go Jackets!

The guys seem to be bigger than usual which is a real positive.The DEf also seems to have gotten the better players compared to Off for a change...The OL was weak except for transfer Defoor.
Wr, Carter looks good (and really needed.) .RBs ok,1 QB decent prospect
We added 2 DEf players just now at end that fit the the new Woody def--fast/quick and smaller.Pass rushers-DT and DE
The REAL key is keeping these guys til graduation..We lose a LOT.In 2013 we lost over 1/2 the class to transfer/injury.Already lost 7 from '15.

I use to think Dabo was a clown and Kirby got his haircut at Great Clips. All the while our coach was playing chess when everyone else was playing checkers. Well what do I know? One thing for sure, it is what it is.
I think Dabo is a good comparison, one not only needs to see what bowl cut did this year in recruiting but also where bama is. The guy can clearly recruit. But are he and the ad smart enough to see his deficiency on the field and pay big time for coordinators like Clemson has?

We'll see how it pans out, but right now fat Cheney sucks and will cost them games. If they only win 9 next year will they fire anyone?

Where was Shawn Jones ranked or rated?

There weren't really any star ratings back to Shawn's day. Rivals only goes back to 2001. 247sports doesn't even go back that far.
Besides, committing to Tech costs you a star, don't you know?

Don't recall his ranking being more than what would be the equivalent of a 3*. I could be wrong. Wish we could have gotten his brother too.
Wasn't Nesbitt highly ranked? I think he was the #1 QB in the state.

He was a 4 star with offers from ugag, Florida and FSU. He was actually the # 2 QB in the state behind some joker named Cameron Newton. Whatever happened to that guy?

Hey guys, I'm not discouraged by UGa's success on paper nor should you be.

Seriously. When Saban gets 18 5*s, that is cause for concern - Saban knows what to do with a 5* as evidenced by their recent success in the National Championship game.

When Dr. Pepper signs 5 (or whatever) 5*s, that's cause for celebration because that idiot thinks that he can just chuck 'em on the field and they'll win the game all by their lonesome.

What you witnessed in this year's Natty was Richt talent and Richt coaching (both pretty good) being hijacked by a freaking clown. Now that all of Richt's talent is gone (UGag is "graduating" a ton of "seniors"), we'll find out what kind of coach Dr. Pepper is. I already know. He's an idiot and I expect the same fate for him as was suffered by Ray Goof who assembled talent for the ages but had no freakin idea what to do with it once the clock started.

So this is my official wipe your candy asses and man up post. Uga, despite cornering the market on 5*s, poses nothing more than a symbolic threat to our steady rise. Now that we have a real DC and no fewer than 10 4* athletes on defense, the field is leveler than most on here think it is.
I hear ya, but I'm afraid it's wishful thinking. Kirby took Richt's recruits to the championship game with his own coaching; something Richt never got close to. Then he blows the doors off recruiting. I just don't see where he's an idiot.

Kirby took Richt's recruits to the championship game with his own coaching; something Richt never got close to.

2012 was about as close as you could get. Not saying you're right or wrong otherwise. Jury is out.

Maybe. I can't recall. He is definitely the best QB CPJ has had, even though Chan is the one that signed him.

He was a 4 star with offers from ugag, Florida and FSU. He was actually the # 2 QB in the state behind some joker named Cameron Newton. Whatever happened to that guy?
UGAg wanted Cam as a TE, IIRC.

Maybe. I can't recall. He is definitely the best QB CPJ has had, even though Chan is the one that signed him.

I'd say that's true. I think Justin Thomas was the better passer (and he was recruited by none other than Kirby Shart to play DB at Bammer), but I think Nesbitt gets the nod because of what he could do with his size in our offense. Either way, both 4 star recruits, though JT was rated as an ATH, as is James Graham, who I am pretty hyped about.

Ratings for other CPJ QB's:

Vad: 3 star QB
Tevin: 2 star ATH (I have a lot of respect and appreciation for this guy no matter what anybody says, same as Reggie)
Matthew Jordan: 3 star QB
TaQuon: 3 star ATH
Lucas Johnson: 3 star QB
Tobias Oliver: 3 star QB

Basically, difference-making athletes at QB...make a difference. We just have to land them with more frequency.

Last edited:
Uga benefited from a lot of SEC turmoil this year, remember. Give Pruitt and Mullen a full cycle. Don't get me wrong. Ugag will always have well ranked classes, but not necessarily monsters like this.
I agree with this statement. Let Mullen and Pruitt get established and things will change big time again. Also, With Ole Miss having issues.
Alabama will rebound as well. Kirby took a bunch of Alabama kids.

Everything lined up for uga this year. Weak SECE, lots of people staying that could turn pro, got some breaks when they needed them, didn't get Bama in the SECCG.... And they couldn't get it done. If not now, then when is the question they have to answer.

Other than Donnie Davis, I don't remember ever signing a top QB.

We had one once...

GTbomb.gif

Back