What do you think

I mean he's only a teacher, what is he supposed to know about proper word usage
I’m also a teacher but I’m a math teacher. Grammar is bad if I have a lot to write but mostly cause I don’t give a damn.

If you’re ever lucky enough to get laid/have a kid, You better teach your kid yourself. If he’s anything like you the teachers gonna fail that ass hole. Lol

Last edited:
be very honest.

Your a 4-5 star high school kid In Georgia. You have zero ties to Georgia Tech except you see them on tv from time to time. Your dream is to play in the NFL. Your a average student at best, you are being recruited by Georgia, Clemson, Alabama, and other schools including Georgia Tech. At the present time Tech is coached by George Godsey, or any other up and coming coach and runs the same offense/defense everyone else in the country runs. What school do you pick? If your honest, GT is not even on your radar.

Here is why
Guys I was a high school teacher and coach for 30 years. GT is not on the kids mind, it’s two hard for 90 percent of them and they want to play in the NFL not attend classes and actually have to study really hard. Shoot if the truth be known most of the kids playing college football could not get into the school there playing for if they were not football players. Some of you just don’t get that! Georgia Tech doesn’t play.
We had a really good player one time at our school and coach came over and we were talking. I asked him are you guys looking at ... his response was no, he can’t even get into Tech. That kid went to Auburn.

What’s funny is the people on the board talk about how dumb the SEC football players are all the time, but scoff at the idea it disadvantages GT in any way.

To be honest, I think that @Ptjackets wasn’t the teacher, but he was the football player who couldn’t get into Tech because he couldn’t even use correct grammar to write an essay on the application. He’s now holding a grudge because he didn’t get in and is trolling ST. I don’t think he went to Auburn, either. :evillaugh:

I think what the responses to the OP are unwittingly proving is that he is right. How many 5 star athletes do you think give two flips about proper grammar much less writing an essay?

If I had a kid with the ability to play high d1 level sports I would encourage them to choose a school based on non-football career aspirations. If they are a middling student with no interest in science or math I would not push GT. Despite what people here espouse you can receive a avaluable education at sec factories.

It is extremely unlikely I will encounter this scenario as intelligence and athleticism are highly genetic.

These are the people educating our kids!
Where are we gonna meet up Saturday before the game? Just private message me where you’ll be at assuming you’ll be at the game. It will give you a chance to apologize.

be very honest.

Your a 4-5 star high school kid In Georgia. You have zero ties to Georgia Tech except you see them on tv from time to time. Your dream is to play in the NFL. Your a average student at best, you are being recruited by Georgia, Clemson, Alabama, and other schools including Georgia Tech. At the present time Tech is coached by George Godsey, or any other up and coming coach and runs the same offense/defense everyone else in the country runs. What school do you pick? If your honest, GT is not even on your radar.

Here is why
Guys I was a high school teacher and coach for 30 years. GT is not on the kids mind, it’s two hard for 90 percent of them and they want to play in the NFL not attend classes and actually have to study really hard. Shoot if the truth be known most of the kids playing college football could not get into the school there playing for if they were not football players. Some of you just don’t get that! Georgia Tech doesn’t play.
We had a really good player one time at our school and coach came over and we were talking. I asked him are you guys looking at ... his response was no, he can’t even get into Tech. That kid went to Auburn.

I’ll be nice and address your points.

First, I don’t want athletes at Georgia Tech that aren’t also good students. That doesn’t necessarily mean super smart, but rather a kid that sees the value in education and wants to get a good degree. Hopefully you are aware that getting a degree is the whole point of going to college.

Second, well I guess I don’t have a second.

be very honest.

Here is why
You do understand that most Tech followers know this and have known this to be the landscape since before World War II?

I’m not one for talking öööö through a computer either man. But the way you’ve acted in this post is akin to what you just said. You’ve kinda been talking öööö and acting like an ass hole. I’m not gonna put up with it. It’s uncalled for. I mean would you talk to people in real life the way you do on here?

I’m not joking either buddy.

Back