What is the point of being UGA's b*tch 90% of the time?

And that rivalry being played on a yearly basis ended for the opposite reason - hate and not apathy.

Yeah, Texas had screwed over everyone in the Big 12 for so long. The die-hard Nebraska fan I work with hates Texas literally more than any other school.

And that rivalry being played on a yearly basis ended for the opposite reason - hate and not apathy.

No. It ended when the conference affiliation changed. Texas/TAMU rivalry was overhyped anyway. TTU and TAMU hate each other much more.

No. It ended when the conference affiliation changed. Texas/TAMU rivalry was overhyped anyway. TTU and TAMU hate each other much more.
And why do you think TAMU left the conference? They were looking for years to separate themselves from UT due to pure hate. TAMU hates UT more than we hate uga.

Well, we should have started to “go to work” since the 1960s...

I am a dedicated fan who has followed the team for 30 years. The problem is the talent level and the unwillingness of GT to seriously address it. Let’s not kid ourselves. I just want a level playing field. This is not a rivalry when you only win once every 4-5 years.

We're 2-3 the last 5 years and 3-8 the last 11 years. If one side winning less than 30% of games got the loser to quit and go home, most rivalries would be ended.

Sure, it looks worse if you include Gailey's record. But there was a reason Gailey was fired.

Oklahoma/Nebraska, Pitt/Penn State, Texas/Arkansas - all huge rivalry games in the 70s that went away. Nobody died.

College football is a big business now. It's all about the national stage now.

The Sports TV Gods f'ed up NASCAR the same way - by taking it away from its roots.
Dropping the rivalry is not how you increase your national presence. It’s how you lose it.

Most intrastate rivalries are played every year even if they're OOC. Texas-TAMU is the exception.

How many Big Six/Power Five OOC rivalry games can you name that are still active? I'll give you a head start:

GT/UGAg
Clemson/USCe
FL/FSU
USC/ND
UK/UL
FSU/Miami

Still alive in conference (partial list):
Auburn/Bama
USC/UCLA
Wash/Wash St
Oregon/Oregon St
AZ/ASU
TX/OU
OU/OSU
GT/Clemson
Ole Miss/MSU
MI/OSU
MI/MSU
UNC/NCSU
UVA/VT

Dead:
NEB/OK
Pitt/PSU
TX/AR
TX/TAMU

Whole lotta noise about nothing. Certainly less than 10 games involved and probably as many old traditional rivalries already disbanded.

We're 2-3 the last 5 years and 3-8 the last 11 years. If one side winning less than 30% of games got the loser to quit and go home, most rivalries would be ended.

Sure, it looks worse if you include Gailey's record. But there was a reason Gailey was fired.

Tech vs. UGA by decade:

60s: 4-6
70s: 3-7
80s: 3-7
90s: 3-7
00s: 2-8
10s: 2-7

How many Big Six/Power Five OOC rivalry games can you name that are still active? I'll give you a head start:

GT/UGAg
Clemson/USCe
FL/FSU
USC/ND
UK/UL
FSU/Miami

Still alive in conference (partial list):
Auburn/Bama
USC/UCLA
Wash/Wash St
Oregon/Oregon St
AZ/ASU
TX/OU
OU/OSU
GT/Clemson
Ole Miss/MSU
MI/OSU
MI/MSU
UNC/NCSU
UVA/VT

Dead:
NEB/OK
Pitt/PSU
TX/AR
TX/TAMU

Whole lotta noise about nothing. Certainly less than 10 games involved and probably as many old traditional rivalries already disbanded.

You left out :
GT/Auburn
GT/Tennessee
GT/Alabama

It’s pretty easy to trace back to the decision that ööööed us for all time.

Okie St vs OU

Im not sure how Okie St can live with themselves. Holy moly, that’s as lopsided as one could be.

How would like to go 18-88 with UGA?

Nobody knew what Bedlam was until T. Boone Pickens threw his money into OSU to make them relevant.

Just like Phil Knight with Oregon.

But that sucks. College football would be better off with games like Texas/TAMU and West Virginia/Pitt and Kansas/Missouri still going on.

Back