What is the point of being UGA's b*tch 90% of the time?

Instead, we should invest in our program and do what it takes to get it to a higher level of success. Basically, we need to do all of the things we thumb our noses at ...... starting with some program like IPTAY where we get investment from all fans in our athletic programs and don’t rely on just the few high rollers.

Its amazing how many quitters and losers there are on this board. And yes, if you are calling for us to drop Uga from the schedule then you are a quitter and a loser.

I was at Tech in 1980, 1981 and 1982 when it seemed like we would NEVER beat them again. But we came within an eyelash in 1983 and curb-stomped them in Athens in 1984 and won an amazing game in 1985. Five years later, we won it all.

But you guys who are so afraid of losing and so afraid of competing that you want to crawl to the bell and ring it should start rooting for Kennesaw or Navy or Georgia Southern or Georgia St because you and GT really don't have anything to offer each other so what is the point?

Instead, we should invest in our program and do what it takes to get it to a higher level of success. Basically, we need to do all of the things we thumb our noses at ...... starting with some program like IPTAY where we get investment from all fans in our athletic programs and don’t rely on just the few high rollers.

We can’t even get our own alumni to buy in. Most people here don’t even have season tickets, much less contribute to the AA. And we don’t have the Wal-Mart faithful that would donate to get a cool sticker to put on their cars either.

The good news is that we are finally setting some stretch financial goals and pushing the message to get the money in. And we need to work big time on a number of the things you mentioned in your Clark Griswold post earlier.

I think Paul will retire after this season. I believe that Stansbury will negotiate a buy-out of his contract that will be a win-win. Otherwise CPJ will have to coach another season and then he will get very little in the buyout.

If we end the UGA-GT series, will you guys still have Up With the White and Gold and "To Hell With Georgia" as parts of our fight songs? Otherwise, it will be strange in 20 years to not have played UGA but still be saying that öööö after every touchdown.

Loser mentality regardless of how long you’ve been here. You are the problem, not UGA. Quit trying to out logic the circumstances. We don’t need to quit playing UGA. We need to go to work.

Well, we should have started to “go to work” since the 1960s...

I am a dedicated fan who has followed the team for 30 years. The problem is the talent level and the unwillingness of GT to seriously address it. Let’s not kid ourselves. I just want a level playing field. This is not a rivalry when you only win once every 4-5 years.

If we end the UGA-GT series, will you guys still have Up With the White and Gold and "To Hell With Georgia" as parts of our fight songs? Otherwise, it will be strange in 20 years to not have played UGA but still be saying that öööö after every touchdown.

Don’t we mention Cornell in one of our fight songs? When was the last time we played them?

1/ rivalry ain’t ending
2/ if rivalry ends, still motheröööö uga.

We can’t even get our own alumni to buy in. Most people here don’t even have season tickets, much less contribute to the AA. And we don’t have the Wal-Mart faithful that would donate to get a cool sticker to put on their cars either.

The good news is that we are finally setting some stretch financial goals and pushing the message to get the money in. And we need to work big time on a number of the things you mentioned in your Clark Griswold post earlier.

I think Paul will retire after this season. I believe that Stansbury will negotiate a buy-out of his contract that will be a win-win. Otherwise CPJ will have to coach another season and then he will get very little in the buyout.
Well, we used to have something and it was called the A-T Fund and I used to see car stickers for contributors. Then our dumbass AD decided to stick it up the ass of people who had contributed for years and wipe out those contributions in favor of Tech Fund seat licenses.

We need something that is participation focused rather than included in a yearly seat license fee.

I am a dedicated fan who has followed the team for 30 years. The problem is the talent level and the unwillingness of GT to seriously address it. Let’s not kid ourselves. I just want a level playing field. This is not a rivalry when you only win once every 4-5 years.
Would you care to name some "real" rivalries? Army has won 3 of the past 19 games against Navy. Michigan has 2 of the past 18 games against Ohio State. Auburn has won 3 of the last 11 games against Alabama. What defines the rivalry isn't how often you win but how much you care. You don't care. We do.

Last edited:

I can go back and forth with you all night. I played for and graduated from Ma Tech. If this is your conclusion...then bye. Thanks for your support.

Would you care to name some "real" rivalries? Army has won 3 of the past 19 games against Navy. Michigan has 2 of the past 18 games against Ohio State. Auburn has won 3 of the last 11 games against Alabama. What defines the rivalry isn't how you win but how much you care. You don't care. We do.

Check out Oregon / Oregon State

Oh, c'mon. Share it with the board. We need to "get to work". Just give us the PowerPoint summary.

It starts with letting those with a loser mentality like you to move on.

We are already there when it comes to money and easy OOC.

And last time I checked Michigan and OSU are in the same conference.

There just aren't that many OOC rivalry games still around.

Most intrastate rivalries are played every year even if they're OOC. Texas-TAMU is the exception.

Well, we used to have something and it was called the A-T Fund and I used to see car stickers for contributors. Then our dumbass AD decided to stick it up the ass of people who had contributed for years and wipe out those contributions in favor of Tech Fund seat licenses.

We need something that is participation focused rather than included in a yearly seat license fee.
That doesn't make any sense at all. The TECH Fund licenses were awarded on the basis of AT points – but yes, you did have to make a donation annually to keep them. The problem with the old points system was that you didn't have to give annually, but only when they did a reseating. That's obviously not good for operational income – and when you don't have the ticket sales, you rely on those donations for operational income. So they introduced the TECH Fund to try to narrow the gap with all the guys we recruit against. More to the point, the 'seat license' model was the way everyone went and we were way behind the times.

But of course, fans complain about having to pay but then wonder why we can't compete.

And, BTW, they specifically set the TECH Fund amounts at what they figured was comparable to the AT Point levels. So if you actually did give regularly under the old system, you were no worse off at all. The people who were worse off were the people who were getting seats based on decades old giving, and didn't give regularly anymore.

Last edited:
Back