What Lewis Caralla Does, Lewis Caralla Gets Done

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
That because it’s impossible unless you are eating ice chips and granola bars brought from home.

(Ashamed to admit that I paid $400+ for a character dining lunch buffet.)
Nah you shouldn’t be ashamed of that at all.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
That because it’s impossible unless you are eating ice chips and granola bars brought from home.

(Ashamed to admit that I paid $400+ for a character dining lunch buffet.)
I hope you picked Snow White.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
You can feed your entire family for $60 a day at Disney? That’s a little difficult to believe.
In magic kingdom i like Columbia Harbor House. Kids meal is:
Chicken Breast Nuggets and Fish
served with Dannon® Danimals® Smoothie, GoGo squeeZ® Applesauce, and choice of small Lowfat Milk or small Dasani® Bottled Water
$7.69. You can sub fries for the applesauce and soda for the drink. Thats two kids and I'm at $16 bucks. Adult fish and shrimp is $12.50. Salad with shrimp for the wife is $12.00. We drink water. That is $40.

What typically happens is that we eat breakfast, the kids snack on apples and bananas and power bars in the AM. We eat a late lunch at a "$$" restaurant like harbor house to avoid the big lunch crowd. If the park closes at 7 which is typical in September we usually choose to ride rides rather than eat a second time in the park. We eat something after we leave.

A big part of it is I'm simply there for the rides and not there for the food. Another part is we are not big people. As Ive said, the wife is 120 and Im 175. The exception is Epcot where food is more of the experience and beer pushing $10 apiece is a necessity. They say there is beer in magic kingdom but Im not an alcoholic.

So a lot of days I spend $40 plus maybe a couple ice creams, occasionally I feed the kids again (another $16), but $40 is not an unusual spend inside the park.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
No, the horrible part is how cheap your ass is. "here kids, here is your Great Value Baloney on Great Value white bread with a dollop of Great Value mayo. Enjoy your childhood watching other kids with parents that aren't boring and cheap"

Masquerade, Terminal West, Tabernacle....sorry you are so damn dull. And most shows range from $12 to $40
You are such a tool. I dont make a picnic lunch, not that there is anything wrong with that. My kids like to eat healthy so they are not unhappy with bringing healthy snacks. I dont find park food choices to be very healthy. Its better to balance out the disney food with healthy snacks you bring in imho. I do watch the "non-cheap parents" waddling their ballooned up families around from restaurant to restaurant. They dont look that happy to be honest.

My kids go every year, multiple times most years. I am showing them how to do that where others spend twice as much but rarely go as a consequence.

Last edited:

coit

They say there is beer in magic kingdom but Im not an alcoholic.
What are you saying? That if you drink beer at Disney you are an alcoholic?

JJacket

You are such a tool. I dont make a picnic lunch, not that there is anything wrong with that. My kids like to eat healthy so they are not unhappy with bringing healthy snacks. I dont find park food choices to be very healthy. Its better to balance out the disney food with healthy snacks you bring in imho. I do watch the "non-cheap parents" waddling their ballooned up families around from restaurant to restaurant. They dont look that happy to be honest.

My kids go every year, multiple times most years. I am showing them how to do that where others spend twice as much but rarely go as a consequence.
You had me until "my kids like to eat healthy" I guarantee you they'd throw apples and granola bars out the window if Uncle JJacket showed up and took them to McDonald's and Chick Fil A everyday.

Dirty Jacket

Never Weaken
You had me until "my kids like to eat healthy" I guarantee you they'd throw apples and granola bars out the window if Uncle JJacket showed up and took them to McDonald's and Chick Fil A everyday.
Disagree completely. My daughter routinely prefers fruits to any trash processed foods. She doesn’t like juices and only drinks water. If we go to chick fil a she wants the fruit cup side with her kids meal. She’s made these decisions. You’re crapping on crew because he’s bucking the trend of the disgusting ass American diet.

coit

Disagree completely. My daughter routinely prefers fruits to any trash processed foods. She doesn’t like juices and only drinks water. If we go to chick fil a she wants the fruit cup side with her kids meal. She’s made these decisions. You’re crapping on crew because he’s bucking the trend of the disgusting ass American diet.
I think the point is that eating Chick-fil-a at all would not be considered to be "healthy" unless all you are eating is salads. If you eat fried chicken fingers, that's not really a healthy food options. Anything that is batter fried is by definition not healthy. So swapping a fruit cup for fries doesn't really make an unhealthy mean healthy. And of course kids like fruit. Loaded with sugar, right?

Dirty Jacket

Never Weaken
I think the point is that eating Chick-fil-a at all would not be considered to be "healthy" unless all you are eating is salads. If you eat fried chicken fingers, that's not really a healthy food options. Anything that is batter fried is by definition not healthy. So swapping a fruit cup for fries doesn't really make an unhealthy mean healthy. And of course kids like fruit. Loaded with sugar, right?
“If we go to chick fil a”
She prefers the grilled nuggets to the fried nuggets
We eat out infrequently such that I don’t care what she gets when we go there.
I’m not worried about the sugar content in fruits, it has plenty of other benefits and I’m not a sugar phobe since we don’t consume too many simple carbs in general. Or at least try not to.
I still think my family’s diet is öööö but it can certainly be worse.

GTRules

You’re Mamma
ITT I learned that a guy who has an annual pass doesn’t know that pass holders don’t have to pay for parking.

coit

“If we go to chick fil a”
She prefers the grilled nuggets to the fried nuggets
We eat out infrequently such that I don’t care what she gets when we go there.
I’m not worried about the sugar content in fruits, it has plenty of other benefits and I’m not a sugar phobe since we don’t consume too many simple carbs in general. Or at least try not to.
I still think my family’s diet is öööö but it can certainly be worse.
I wasn't really singling you out at all, or Crew for that matter. I was just saying that fast food isn't really healthy by definition. And hey, I didn't even know that they had grilled nuggets.

JJacket

Weird.

JJacket

I wasn't really singling you out at all, or Crew for that matter. I was just saying that fast food isn't really healthy by definition. And hey, I didn't even know that they had grilled nuggets.
Anything in moderation.

Dirty Jacket

Never Weaken
I agree completely. Chick fil a gives the illusion
of being healthy across the board. Much like people who shop at Whole Foods because their store is green and brown. I think with some thought/mindfulness you can get by relatively healthy most places. That generally does require some degree of mental effort and usually $.

Ed Sawyer

I eventually banged Lucy Matthews.
No one gives a öööö about your kids' healthy food choices. There are no Parent of the Year awards given out for this.