What Offense Would You Like to See

GruffyMcGuiness

We Dedrick
This has nothing to do with CPJ getting fired or anything. I'm just curious. If something happened and we got a new coaching staff, what kind of offense would you like to see? My favorite is definitely the Pistol since there's so many things you can do with it. We are usually #2 in rushing yards every year behind Nevada who runs the Pistol and uses the read option as their bread and butter.

What would y'all like to see?
IwBWow81JwATCgEIowESnyspAQCBACH5BAQFAAAALAAAAAAIAA8AAAdhgACCAAmCOoM4b4ccg0N8dQAZACgeAFUWIQ0DM3MKCGhQJ5NYKmgIB4MAHF4DgjtlZGolg2RYWGcoqYIXRAGDEiluZagAAxtQBUkZHRAAfnEAPQInL4MGJBEBkoIECg+qgQA7

I like our offense. I think the concepts are fundamentally sound and not very much different than other "read" offenses.

Just wish the coaches to coach it better and the players could execute it better.

The scheme doesn't matter if we can't execute. For those of you wanting to blame the scheme rather than a lack of focus on fundamentals and intensity, get your heads out of the sand.

Me too on Oregon. Faster turnaround with given personnel...and who needs an O-line when you can pull this off?

WTFOREGON.gif

The scheme doesn't matter if we can't execute. For those of you wanting to blame the scheme rather than a lack of focus on fundamentals and intensity, get your heads out of the sand.

While fundamentals and intensity are problems, I do think we should be able to show different schemes. We ran option with Hamilton, but could also line up in other offenses. It kept defenses off balance.

The biggest problem is the offensive line. Look at Wisconsin, most years they can make any running back look decent. This year, they don't have it, but the RB draft busts that they have produced show where the real offensive problem is.

Alabama's...not flashy but winner of 2 out of 3 MNC's.Take that over Oregon's anyday.

While fundamentals and intensity are problems, I do think we should be able to show different schemes. We ran option with Hamilton, but could also line up in other offenses. It kept defenses off balance.

The biggest problem is the offensive line. Look at Wisconsin, most years they can make any running back look decent. This year, they don't have it, but the RB draft busts that they have produced show where the real offensive problem is.

I agree. However, if you can't execute your base set, adding additional looks is going to be a disaster.

The "Pistol" is not an offense. It's a ----ing formation. Jesus Christ I hate when we lose moreso because of all the stupid ---- I read on the board.

I really like run based offenses, so if we do end up getting rid of CPJ and having to move away from the triple option I hope we at least get someone who runs the power I offense.

Vad would do better in the spread offense virtually everyone else runs, QB in the shotgun, one back to either side to option to, more receivers so the QB needs strong arm for lateral passing. On short yardage a power I.

Back