What Offense Would You Like to See

- Actually it should be an offense where the OC has varied formations to give the opponents much schene against and one that he can recruit the players he needs to get it done
- One which relieves our head coach free from OC duties to research and hire a DC that knows how to recruit and coach a defensive scheme that his recruits can play.
- One which relieves our head coach free from OC duties to recruit top caliber players on both sides of the ball so our HC does not have to act like a complete butt hole to cover his ass.

Actually, it's the Offense ran by Nevada, Indiana, and JMU (which they used to knock of Virginia Tech). Its consists of MAINLY pistol sets, but ace and shotgun formations can be included.

Indiana actually switched to the Oregon offense in the last year.

I think this is a good offense that needs to be tweaked. OL and defense are where we need change.

Pro style, then we could become an attractive destination for big time recruits.

Indiana actually switched to the Oregon offense in the last year.

My hat is off to you sir. Anyone who knows what offense Indiana runs is a boss of college fb fans.The fact that you know how long they've run it is merely icing on the cake.

My hat is off to you sir. Anyone who knows what offense Indiana runs is a boss of college fb fans.The fact that you know how long they've run it is merely icing on the cake.

tumblr_m1tsnyMX4A1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

A well coached offense. Our OL operated darn good while CCG's players were still here. There was a remnant of training that remained in our patched together line that many of our fans could not wait to replace with cpj's specially picked linemen. Well, we've gottem now, but they are not well coached. CCG's OL coach D'landrias (spelling ?) could flat out teach linemen. I heard parents at cpj's first spring game complaining that the OL players could not figure out what the coaches were wanting. They were not being shown. So, they relied on their former teaching to fire out of the chute real low to leverage the bigger defenders. We beat ugag with that patchwork line.

Last edited:
Dive in the middle. QB fake off right tackle. No Gain. Pitch in the wheel house and run like it's not figured out by now. ööööty pass play and punt. Hopefully the Toitles are a lot worse than we are. Go Tech.

Whatever offense we use, we need to control clock to keep from exposing our defense and special teams. That means the Oregon or West Virginia quick strike style may be fun to watch, but not so good on the record.

Multiple. Looking like a different team and style on different downs.

We had that with Fridge. Have not seen it much anywhere else, including MD when Fridge was there. Mizzou looked similar years ago with little consistency of style from play to play that kept defenses adjusting.

I loved expecting to see one or two plays each week that were completely new and tailored to exploit the underbelly of that particular team's defense.

Lets go to spread. We could run that with Vad. Lots of options, reads, screens then throw it down the field. Based on what I saw from his HS film he can throw down field well.

A well coached offense. Our OL operated darn good while CCG's players were still here. There was a remnant of training that remained in our patched together line that many of our fans could not wait to replace with cpj's specially picked linemen. Well, we've gottem now, but they are not well coached. CCG's OL coach D'landrias (spelling ?) could flat out teach linemen. I heard parents at cpj's first spring game complaining that the OL players could not figure out what the coaches were wanting. They were not being shown. So, they relied on their former teaching to fire out of the chute real low to leverage the bigger defenders. We beat ugag with that patchwork line.

i've seen it. it's gotten worse as the knowledge of the line has diluted from graduation. sewak needs to be canned, and we need to get someone who actually knows what they're doing.

Back