What realistic hire would really excite you

Auburn has beaten UG the same number of times that we have in the past ten years if I'm not mistaken, if we're looking at CPJ's window. Not sure how far back Gus was still on the staff but do we want a guy with the same results even though he could pull better recruits there?

Gus has been exposed with Rhett Lashlee gone. He's as one dimensional as the TO. If you can stop quick passes to the outside you can stop Auburn.

Anybody else impressed with Dave Clawson from Wake? Scores points and wins at about the same rate that Duke is winning under Cutcliffe despite Wake probably being a tougher job and certainly in the tougher half of the conference.

It could be a genius hire or a train wreck. Does he have the connections to build a staff? We could take a massive step backwards if he were to struggle there. He seems like a great guy, but 2 seasons calling plays at Clemson isn't a long resume.
Remember Chad Morris

I must've misunderstood your comment. I want an RPO offense here, not a pro style. I also think a majority of us want the college RPO offense rather than a pro style offense. I am not sure it will be instant success because teams like Nebraska and FSU have struggled in the transition to this type of offense. It's not guaranteed success for sure. To be fair, Nebraska and FSU transitioned from pro style to RPO but I think our transition will be much easier from the flexbone.

Then I agree with you. I thought you were saying the cupboard was bare and Tech would have a problem moving to any new offense. RPO would seem to be a relatively smooth transition, at least system-wise. I noted the Pro style to TO that CPJ has to deal with as being much harder (and therefore something that a new coach would want to try in reverse).

Maybe 30 years ago, but not so much today. What matters is:
1. Can GT get me to the NFL
2. How much fun can I have at GT
3. Playing time
4. Teammates
5. Offensive scheme
6. Is it a successful program
7. TV exposure
8. Quality of education
9. Jerseys
10. Stadium size
11. Something random
12. Something random
13. Something random
14. Continuity

How many of those do you think GT can offer right now? The 3O at GT does not get you 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, or 7.
isn't Shaq Mason the starting guard for the Patriots? I think Morgan Burnett was pretty good. Demarius Thomas is good. There is little fun at TECH, a four star can almost play immediately
Great bunch of fellow teammates, offensive scheme is a challenge but you could be the next Dwyer, Lots of great history, TV will get better for TECH, best education in the south, jerseys are okay,
stadium is one of the best in the nation, the girls are really smart, there are some nice places near TECH,

Wonder if they announce prior to the bowl game or after... probably after
they'll announce as soon as the deal is done, which hopefully will be well before the bowl game. Not only does the newby have to get on the recrootin' trail, the name will not be kept a secret once it's done.

Back