When did you first know you were a Tech fan?

I first knew I was a Tech fan when I came out the womb!

Seriously, I grew up with my dad telling me UGA was for my mom's redneck side of the family and that if I was going to make anything out of myself I'd associate with GT. Granted I didn't actually end up going to GT for that architecture degree, I do plan on getting my MBA from there (if they'll let me in, if they don't let their own players in I don't know what it'll take).

Then I went to GT's baseball camp one summer and met Nomar Garica Para, visited the stadium, met the football players, saw their gym, and got taught baseball by the GT baseball players.

Needless to say it was then I fell in love with GT. That was the first time I stepped onto the campus.

What say you?

When I moved here around 5th grade...I always was the engineering type(I drove my mom crazy taking stuff apart around the house) so it just made sense.

I first knew I was a Tech fan when I came out the womb!

Seriously, I grew up with my dad telling me UGA was for my mom's redneck side of the family and that if I was going to make anything out of myself I'd associate with GT. Granted I didn't actually end up going to GT for that architecture degree, I do plan on getting my MBA from there (if they'll let me in, if they don't let their own players in I don't know what it'll take).

Then I went to GT's baseball camp one summer and met Nomar Garica Para, visited the stadium, met the football players, saw their gym, and got taught baseball by the GT baseball players.

Needless to say it was then I fell in love with GT. That was the first time I stepped onto the campus.

What say you?

Garica Para was a great player

Been going to games since '84. My first sports memory was watching a scrimmage with Price/Salley/Dalrymple at the O'Keefe building.

When my Grandfather, who played in 38, placed a GT hat on my head and told me that we were a Tech family.

When I was about 6 or 7. I saw all the kids that were wearing the UGAg shirts and I decided I didn't want to be like them.

When I was a Cub Scout we had pinewood derby races. I painted my car gold and put a GT decal on it. Alas, my car didn't win because it lacked "SEC speed." I also used to wear my dad's Rat hat around the house when I was kid.

I was adopted when I was almost 3 years old. My dad tells the story that the first thing he taught me was "no son of mine will be a dawg fan." "What do we think of UGA?" And within the first day I was replying TO HELL WITH GEORIGA!!! I have been yelling it ever since.

Around the age of 5 I realized that the people I knew who were UGA fans were not particularly intelligent or successful, yet the GT people I knew were more civilized, successful and intelligent. I had always enjoyed building, taking apart and drawing so an engineering school was obvious for me. I always pulled for GT, but I didn't follow them particularly closely, I watched more pro sports growing up. This shrewd observation as a young boy seemed more and more accurate the older I got, but my passion for GT began once I decided to attend GT.

Aunt and uncle attended, so Granddad was a fan (second to Iowa St since he grew up there). Always liked Tech along with other schools, and was misguided enough to even pull for the stink to the east from time to time, but the pump was primed and by the time I stepped on campus the first time when touring schools and saw the Heisman statue (that damn thing needs to be back out on campus, locked away in the Edge building is a travesty) I knew I was home.

I moved to Georgia my Junior year in high school. About the 20th time I was asked "How 'bout them Dawgs" followed by a bark, I decided I liked whoever their biggest rival was. Their fans are obnoxious and annoying.

I think it was around the year 1951 when I listened to a Tech basketball game on the radio. We had no TV at that time and I think all of the Tech sports was on WGST radio. The first game I listened to, I thought Georgia Tech was a person and not the team.

It was when Georgia Tech played Michigan State in the All American Bowl and the Black Watch defense shut Lorenzo White down! Also watching Tech Basketball in the mid 80's.

Was born into it (grandmother worked in the library for 20 years).

It became important and I became die-hard after going to my first football game. It was 1990 against NC State. After the game I went to Aunt fannys Cabin in Smyrna and sat at a table next to Kevin Battle and Marco Coleman. I got their autographs and the rest is history.

I moved to Georgia my Junior year in high school. About the 20th time I was asked "How 'bout them Dawgs" followed by a bark, I decided I liked whoever their biggest rival was. Their fans are obnoxious and annoying.

but remember we're not their biggest rival. :rolleyes:

anyways, I was born a Tech fan, but wasn't really a die hard one until I was old enough to understand football. My father got his bachelors and graduate degree from GT, so it was only natural that I become a fan. He always told me I could go to any college I wanted as long as it wasn't UGAg. He did a great job of making me into a die hard GT fan and instilling hatred of UGAg. Go Jackets!

I was actually a Georgia fan until junior year of high school, when my parents sat me down and said "Girl, you need to pick the best school for your education. Go to Tech." That's when I saw the light. Needless to say, I became a die-hard fan when I enrolled at Tech in 2008.

No hate, please.

Back