When did you first know you were a Tech fan?

I was actually a Georgia fan until junior year of high school, when my parents sat me down and said "Girl, you need to pick the best school for your education. Go to Tech." That's when I saw the light. Needless to say, I became a die-hard fan when I enrolled at Tech in 2008.

No hate, please.

You are clearly a UGA troll because everyone knows there are no girls at Tech.

/hate

Aunt and uncle attended, so Granddad was a fan (second to Iowa St since he grew up there). Always liked Tech along with other schools, and was misguided enough to even pull for the stink to the east from time to time, but the pump was primed and by the time I stepped on campus the first time when touring schools and saw the Heisman statue (that damn thing needs to be back out on campus, locked away in the Edge building is a travesty) I knew I was home.

I have no idea - it just always seemed like the place where I was going to go to college. My dad, uncle and two cousins went to Tech. I grew up in Raleigh and it just always seemed to bre assumed thats where I would go.

I quoted the above, because my grandad played for Iowa State. Must've been about 1920 or so. He was a center and linebacker. They had no hash marks so when they ran the ball out of bounds, they put the ball next the the sidel;ine (and readjusted the line). That put the center on the end of the line and made him eligible to receive passes. I don't know how many times I heard that story!!

Always had a soft spot for Iowa State.

When my ma put me in a UGA cloth dyper and I hated it!!! I've rebelled ever since.

When my dad taught me the Ramblin' Wreck song when I was 4.

Born in. First thing I can remember on my own is Gary Lee's kick return vs the mutts in the fog in 1985... still remember Munson's call during the kick about how they were tryin to cheat us back into a corner... that worked out nice. Not a bad memory considering I was four at the time.

My dad grew up around Tech (O'Keefe HS alum) and has been a fan all of his life. He took me to my first GT game in 1966 --I was only 16 months old so at that time I, of course, wasn't actually aware that I was a fan. I can recall going to the Tech/Navy game of 1970, and I recall being dressed in GT outfits around 5-7 years old, so I guess it's around this time that I was aware that I truly was a Tech fan.

I've lived and died, hard, with Tech football and basketball for over 30 years (maybe 25 years for baseball). I suppose the final test of being a die-hard Tech fan was attending college for four years in Athens, graduating from UGA, but remaining a loyal Yellow Jacket throughout my time there, despite my frineds/roommates assuring me that I would change sides ..yeah, right.

I was raised in an UGAg household and taught that Georgia was the home team and that Tech were the bad guys. I never really got into college football much until.. While watching the 1997 game on a whim, I became simultaneously sickened by the mutts and in love with the Jackets and college football. I was rewarded with a swift kick in the dick, obviously. But it's made me a better person. That's not a joke. I've seen the kids that I grew up with who remained Georgia fans - no thanks.

In 1946/47 which ever it is. It was Dodd's first year as HC, went to see Tech and Navy in Annapolis Md. Rained the whole game that what I really remember about the game. Maybe even earlier, prior to WWII like 1940/41 I was about 3 or 4, my dad took me to see the campus and told me "boy this is where you are going to college".

My girlfriend got accepted to GT in 2007, and after watching my first few Tech games in BDS that year, I was hooked. The UGA loss that year made me hate the Dawgs more than any other team.

Sadly, that wasn't when I reached full-fledged fandom... I grew up a Clemson fan since I had lots of family that were Clemson alum. I went for Clemson when GT played them in 2007, wearing orange in BDS (an action that I deeply regret, yet have fully compensated for)

In 2008, I abandoned my Clemson fandom, realizing I really didn't do anything to support Clemson except root for them on TV. My girlfriend was a speck of gold in a sea of orange at the GT/Clemson game in 2008. Realizing I wanted Tech to win more than I did Clemson, I said to myself "what the f*** am I doing?"

I took off my orange polo (I had a white undershirt) and rooted for Tech whole-heartedly. I consider that day, October 18, 2008, the day of my ascension to full-fledged Ramblin' Wreck.

Just to let everyone know, I now take joy in watching Tech beat Clemson, but I'll still root for em except in situations in which their losing benefits GT in any way.

When, in Fall 2006 as a freshman, I chose where I wanted to live ... east campus, so I could wake up and see Bobby Dodd every morning!

Grew up as an Auburn fan, taught to hate UGA. Always liked Tech because they seemed like the underdog (possibly the B*** L**** years). Converted to a Tech fan sometime after I started school there.

Sportswise- 9th grade Fall (2003) when I started watching football and basketball
Schoolwise- Ever since I can remember I wanted to go to GT to do engineering.

1982: I began attending GT. I had grown up a fan of that other team, and I actually thought I could stay that way. It lasted about 2 seconds after I started seeing their fanbase for what it was. I have been a huge Tech fan since 1982, and I was probably a bigger BB fan back then, because of Price, Dalrymple, Noodles, Salley, etc., but in 1990, I realized just how great our FB program could be with a great coach. As I have gotten older, my fanatic-level for GT sports has continued to rise.

Back