White Smoke coming from the Edge Chimney

ContactBuzz.....

You probably posted that link in jest, but we could do a whole lot worse than Jerry Glanville as a DC. He's got a great defensive mind, and did great work at Hawaii for June Jones when he was there. Since we are throwing G names around, could it be Buddy Green?

Giff won't excite me at all, honestly. I was rather hoping we'd bring someone else in who knew more than the folks who are already here. Giff has only learned under one decent coordinator, and that was TAH NOO TAH.

Couldn't be any worse than Wommack, but I still don't see what else he brings as a DC that we're not already getting from him as a position coach.

+1. I will say that Giff I think will make a better coordinator than Wommack and I think eventually, he'll be a good DC. But my real concern here is giving him a couple of years to show his talent ala the Patrick Nix experiment.

If we couldn't land Groh, I figured we were a shoe in for the Airforce DC, and then Giff would have been at best my third choice.

I think Giff is a quality guy, I was just hoping he could learn from a good DC for a couple of years before taking over the reigns.

How did the original poster--gth????--know that a new DC was going to be named today?

I think Paul Johnson wanted to hire Groh for the next few years so that Giff can learn from a good DC, and then when Groh retires, he promotes Giff.

I like it. I think everyone will.

Can it honestly get worse on defense then this past year?:D

The players had someone they were all pulling for, lets see how they react.

To me, the last part makes it sound like it's NOT the guy the players were pulling for but someone that they wouldn't rebel against.

I'll agree with what looks like the majority though...I wouldn't be too excited with Giff...he may do a fine job if that's the pick by CPJ....but, I was under the impression CPJ was wanting someone to hand over the defensive car keys so to speak and he'd stay out of that car....I don't know that CPJ would stay out of Giff's car.

LOL :laugher: Great analogy! And I agree. This kind of sums up why I may be a little disappointed in the decision.

With Paul Johnson wanting a 3-4 defensive scheme, how would Giff (with experience from Tenuta) be able to fulfill this? I think it's Groh.

Rumors now starting that Calhoun is getting the Tennessee job.

**** your bandwidth, bro.

With Paul Johnson wanting a 3-4 defensive scheme, how would Giff (with experience from Tenuta) be able to fulfill this? I think it's Groh.

CPJ said that it doesn't matter what the guy runs, he could run 8-man front, just as long as the guy knew how to run it and teach it.

Seriously though, demjackets said something about the players having a favorite. Hard to imagine they were all rooting for old-man Groh instead of Giff, no?
dems said they had a favorite, and then said wtte " we'll see how they react". To me that says their favorite may not be the guy.

note: alpha beat me to it. This site is loading soooooooo slowly right now.

Calhoun to UT, Holtz to USF, and it is already taking me 30 seconds to load a page. RIP StingTalk.

dems said they had a favorite, and then said wtte " we'll see how they react". To me that says their favorite may not be the guy.

Yep that whats I think. Maybe its Groh, or maybe someone no one has mentioned yet.

Where's Disecq? He usually is around to talk **** everytime Dems post something.

Back